• Start date
  • Views 8,381
  • Replies 53

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
@gamesquest1 @zchtoy we need your help. Are yours Toshiba or Samsung?
i have personally used the RDP8K on all models of 3DS (o3ds/XL, 2DS, n3ds/XL) with all different nand brands (Toshiba/Samsung for both n3ds and o3ds) that said someone i did a nand mod for also bought a RDP8K and their reader wouldn't work for reading the nand, so i guess its possible there is different revisions or something, iirc the n3ds samsung nand is the most fickle variety, but my RDP8K has worked fine with both Samsung and toshiba nand's so idk

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally use this over the Transcend.

20160424_015841.jpg

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
What console do you use? Detected in the first try?

I have a N3DS XL. It picked my nand up as soon as I hooked my SD in the reader. Blue screen straight away, computer found it. Reads my nand in around 4-5 minutes if I remember rightly. Not actually wrote anything yet as I haven't had the need to. I'm now running A9LH with Aurie. My setup is very much the same as Milerwan's. I followed his guide over on infinity. I never had an issue other than lifting the connectors the first time around. Nailed it on my 2nd attempt as I asked Milerwan how to remove the ribbons from those ZIF connectors without lifting the tabs. I know one thing, Milwerwan has always told me that the CLK can not be repaired once torn. It's basically game over after tearing the CLK.

I also recommend at least taking 2 nand reads. Compare them, if they match up, you should be good to go.

Last edited by dg_dex,
D

Deleted User

OP
I have a N3DS XL. It picked my nand up as soon as I hooked my SD in the reader. Blue screen straight away, computer found it. Reads my nand in around 4-5 minutes if I remember rightly. Not actually wrote anything yet as I haven't had the need to. I'm now running A9LH with Aurie. My setup is very much the same as Milerwan's. I followed his guide over on infinity. I never had an issue other than lifting the connectors the first time around. Nailed it on my 2nd attempt as I asked Milerwan how to remove the ribbons from those ZIF connectors without lifting the tabs. I know one thing, Milwerwan has always told me that the CLK can not be repaired once torn. It's basically game over after tearing the CLK.

I also recommend at least taking 2 nand reads. Compare them, if they match up, you should be good to go.
this one? http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Reader-RS-MMC-Support-Warranty/dp/B006T9B6R2/

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Both can find in New 3DS XL.
Samsung must be eMMC II type memory from my experience and so need recent chipset in SD reader to decode it.
Hey Miler,
i received your adafruit, so your package has bin delivered, i've upgraded my n3ds xl hard mod and now i have this:
IMG_0227.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0219.JPG
but i have two readers now and both won't work, i still wait for my anchor, if that won't work i'll ordere that 3.0 from your site, but atm i have a nice usb hard mod but it does not work very well haha

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This looks better. :)

Just to wait for the Anker's reader and it will be good, I hope for you.
i have shortend my gnd to the same location you use (the triangle) so i have the shortest setup in wires possible, no change in functionality :c
i keep getting,
errcode 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000
Here can you see the shortend GND
IMG_0250.JPGIMG_0252.JPG
The other wire's you see are not for the hard mod but for a bluetooth transmitter that i build in to the n3ds so stream audio by bluetooth, so ignore those :P
the two yellow wire's are Dat0 and Cmd and the short blue going to right is clk and gnd goes ofc to the left side to the power board to the triangle but i bet you can figure that all out =)

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have shortend my gnd to the same location you use (the triangle) so i have the shortest setup in wires possible, no change in functionality :c
i keep getting,
errcode 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000
Here can you see the shortend GND
View attachment 47963View attachment 47962
The other wire's you see are not for the hard mod but for a bluetooth transmitter that i build in to the n3ds so stream audio by bluetooth, so ignore those :P
the two yellow wire's are Dat0 and Cmd and the short blue going to right is clk and gnd goes ofc to the left side to the power board to the triangle but i bet you can figure that all out =)
nope. i don't even think it has bin shipped out yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay