Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

Dhoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm at my wits end. I've been trying this for hours giving up after about 60 attempts in the old sysupdater.I finally used the newest sysupdater but now I'm getting error 0xD900182F, using 9.8 Menuhax MH4U n3DS XL. I've verified the files are all the same, downloaded two different 9.2.0U downloads, and doublechecked everything thouroughly. No idea what's going wrong and Its frustrating as heck.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm done. I've tried everything. Even if I get the damn cias to install, it just ends up as a soft brick. With or without sd card.

I just don't know what to do.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

landis21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm at my wits end. I've been trying this for hours giving up after about 60 attempts in the old sysupdater.I finally used the newest sysupdater but now I'm getting error 0xD900182F, using 9.8 Menuhax MH4U n3DS XL. I've verified the files are all the same, downloaded two different 9.2.0U downloads, and doublechecked everything thouroughly. No idea what's going wrong and Its frustrating as heck.

take a little break... :D

BTW have you tried using 9.0?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

on my non-xl i updated to 10.3 first and then performed the downgrade.. if that helps any.
the reasoning I gave myself is that there isn't an exploit for 9.8 and there is one now for 10.3, so what's the harm

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Successfully downgrade my 10.3 N3DS to 9.2, I've installed both Ninjhax and Themehax, BUT 3DS apps are tremendously slow to load on the homescreen. Opening apps is instead really fast, since my micro-sd is a 32GB samsung class 10.
Ah, I almost forgot: Ironfall doesn't even start: it stuck at 3DS loading screen.
I think I'll format my micro-sd...

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrading from 9.9.0-26 to 9.2.0, console is US. menuhax installed, and copied new sysupdate to sdcard. Copied all files from 9.2.0-20U-N3DS.ttp file to updates directory on root of SD. updates were installing successfully, about 4-6 installed, then said error occured and push home button. Powered off unit, Powering it back in only the blue LED comes on, tried recovery mode, removing SD, etc. Screens backlighting isn't even coming on, no sound, etc. is my unit bricked? Help please! Just got my 3ds a week ago, and it's a hyrule edition XL.

Last edited by scottgl,
Reactions: RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downgrading from 9.9.0-26 to 9.2.0, console is US. menuhax installed, and copied new sysupdate to sdcard. Copied all files from 9.2.0-20U-N3DS.ttp file to updates directory on root of SD. updates were installing successfully, about 4-6 installed, then said error occured and push home button. Powered off unit, Powering it back in only the blue LED comes on, tried recovery mode, removing SD, etc. Screens backlighting isn't even coming on, no sound, etc. is my unit bricked? Help please! Just got my 3ds a week ago, and it's a hyrule edition XL.
I'm having the same issue. If I fiddle with trying to power down enough I get the that screen with "about sleep mode" but if I press the home button my backlight and wifi light come on, but nothing displays.

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue. If I fiddle with trying to power down enough I get the that screen with "about sleep mode" but if I press the home button my backlight and wifi light come on, but nothing displays.

My lower and upper backlighting aren't coming on, just the blue LED comes on when I push the power button. Is there any way I can force it to update to 10.3 using the microsd, or is it bricked?

Also I have a SKY3DS cartridge, and an O3DS running 10.3. How can I determine if my 3ds is hardbricked? I'm worried that it might be :(

Last edited by scottgl,

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
İf you have issue try this:
Plug of the battery and hold power button 30-60 second. This way electricty gone on the ram..
Sorry for the bad english

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My lower and upper backlighting aren't coming on, just the blue LED comes on when I push the power button. Is there any way I can force it to update to 10.3 using the microsd, or is it bricked?
AFAIK it's bricked. Unfortunately there's no way I know of to update it without recovery mode. If I turn it on and don't do anything else then I have no backlight and just the blue power light. From the PSA it sounds like the issue is Sysupdater uninstalls all of the cias before installing the lower ones so it might not have anything to run.

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
İf you have issue try this:
Plug of the battery and hold power button 30-60 second. This way electricty gone on the ram..
Sorry for the bad english

Remove the battery, and hold down power button? Has this ever resolved a 3ds with the same issue?

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK it's bricked. Unfortunately there's no way I know of to update it without recovery mode. If I turn it on and don't do anything else then I have no backlight and just the blue power light. From the PSA it sounds like the issue is Sysupdater uninstalls all of the cias before installing the lower ones so it might not have anything to run.

Shit...how can I unbrick it? I don't have a nand backup unfortunately. Are there any solder points on the mainboard?

ZiLzO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have n3DS XL ( Majora Mask Edition ) with 10.3.0.28E.
I try to downgrade with Ironhax or Menuhax but does freeze at 5 or 7 step (Restoring SlabHeap backup... or Clean memory and release koject... ).
Any solution for this problem ?
Thanks in advance.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remove the battery, and hold down power button? Has this ever resolved a 3ds with the same issue?
Just tried it and no luck. Didn't think it would work but I figured I'd give it a shot. From
Shit...how can I unbrick it? I don't have a nand backup unfortunately. Are there any solder points on the mainboard?
I'm pretty clueless about hardmods. My only NAND backups are for a different console. One of the biggest bummers for me is that my NNID is on the New 3DS.

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have n3DS XL ( Majora Mask Edition ) with 10.3.0.28E.
I try to downgrade with Ironhax or Menuhax but does freeze at 5 or 7 step (Restoring SlabHeap backup... or Clean memory and release koject... ).
Any solution for this problem ?
Thanks in advance.
Try opening FTP-3DS and force close it with L+R+X+Y+down and then reopen sysupdater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright