Hacking [N3DS] GW 3.4.1, safe to update emunand to latest or should i update GW to 3.7.2 BETA?

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have GW 3.4.1 right now on my n3ds and i want to update to the latest emunand (11.2). It says on gateways website that 11.2 is working but does it work on the beta or the non beta (3.4.1)?

Thanks

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
switch to a9lh and ditch gateway. its more reliable and youll keep all your data after the switch.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have GW 3.4.1 right now on my n3ds and i want to update to the latest emunand (11.2). It says on gateways website that 11.2 is working but does it work on the beta or the non beta (3.4.1)?

Thanks
It works on both. Copy over the latest launcher.dat, then update via system settings.

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Going to agree with this
A free CFW is a much better bet and with A9LH you can even load Luma3DS from your CTRNAND
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
3ds.guide

i mean, i already have an gw, is it really worth it? i'm not really picky when it comes to cfw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It works on both. Copy over the latest launcher.dat, then update via system settings.

i already have updated to 3.4.1 through gw on the n3ds, so i don't need to copy over the latest launcher.dat right? just update via system update

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i mean, i already have an gw, is it really worth it? i'm not really picky when it comes to cfw.
Kind of. I mean you can still use the Gateway through a workaround with A9LH.
The issue with Gateway is that they are regularly locked out through OFW update. Sure they do update past that, but these lock out rarely effect free CFWs.

swess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kind of. I mean you can still use the Gateway through a workaround with A9LH.
The issue with Gateway is that they are regularly locked out through OFW update. Sure they do update past that, but these lock out rarely effect free CFWs.
aah ok gotcha. so i've been out of the scene for quite a while, i have an n3ds with sysnand 9.0 running gw, and other than switching to a9hl from gw what else would you suggest me doing to better my "experience"

post links to guides would be greatful :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.