Homebrew n3DS Coldboot CFW

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, you wanted it, here you go. it wasn't that hard. for menuhax, just make a black 800x240 image, put it at /3ds/menuhax_manager/imagedisplay.png, and set it up within menuhax_manager. if people really want this I'll upload the ropbins and fork the source to upload my changes... (and the boot rate is up to you to try out)

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
alright, you wanted it, here you go. it wasn't that hard. for menuhax, just make a black 800x240 image, put it at /3ds/menuhax_manager/imagedisplay.png, and set it up within menuhax_manager. if people really want this I'll upload the ropbins and fork the source to upload my changes... (and the boot rate is up to you to try out)

I say yes please do share :grog:

Reactions: zezzo

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-but it's a feature™ :[
Best feature™

So, thats for the bottom screen?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Freakin awesome man!! I love when everything looks clean

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a little digging on Google and 3dsbrew and found that 0x10202A04 is the register for the fill colour for the lower LCD screen (aka REG_LCDCOLORFILLSUB). So maybe instead of using
Code:
writehwreg 0x202A04, -color-
, we could write to the subscreen's frame buffer (0x400568 I think) instead and maybe render an image? And by 'we' I mean someone more talented than me who can actually build this stuff (hint @ihaveamac hint). Also I have no clue what I'm talking about so it's probably more complicated than that idk. Here is some possibly useful info:
LCD Registers (seems to be only useful for filling the screen with a solid colour)
LCD.h from Chip8 contains some of the other registers

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
e could write to the subscreen's frame buffer (0x400568 I think) instead and maybe render an image? And by 'we' I mean someone more talented than me who can actually build this stuff (hint @ihaveamac hint). Also I have no clue what I'm talking about so it's probably more complicated than that idk.
I noticed this as well, however I took the lazy approach and just stopped rendering things to the bottom screen (and top one sorta).

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed this as well, however I took the lazy approach and just stopped rendering things to the bottom screen (and top one sorta).
Are you just releasing a modified payload or are you releasing a fork (unofficial) menuhax manager? Either way your payload should search for ctrb.3dsx (or whatever) instead of boot.3dsx so that you'd be killing two birds with one stone for cfw users however it doesn't matter on the end thanks for this

Reactions: peteruk

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you just releasing a modified payload or are you releasing a fork (unofficial) menuhax manager? Either way your payload should search for ctrb.3dsx (or whatever) instead of boot.3dsx so that you'd be killing two birds with one stone for cfw users however it doesn't matter on the end thanks for this
a modified ninjhax. I might mod menuhax_manager to point it to a different site though.

here's my changes: https://github.com/ihaveamac/ninjhax2.x/commit/0212410f6b19ab64152a35131af5630d07004b84

I am going to try building all of the versions now...

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Can you place any image or is it just black? Im thinking of making myself a custom image at boot.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
maybe you could just make the yellow a very dark blue, so if booting is successful you will never really notice it, but if it has frozen you will notice it change the screen to blue

Reactions: Games&Stuff

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ihaveamac This is exactly what people (including myself) were wanting, thank you very much for doing this :)

I had a quick look on your github and see the source files, i was wondering what your plans are going forward with this for a final release ?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you could just make the yellow a very dark blue, so if booting is successful you will never really notice it, but if it has frozen you will notice it change the screen to blue
maybe. I'll take a look later though
@ihaveamac This is exactly what people (including myself) were wanting, thank you very much for doing this :)

I had a quick look on your github and see the source files, i was wondering what your plans are going forward with this for a final release ?
the ropbins are already built. I'm just putting them somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay