Thau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,
A few ago my a button started having some issues. When I normal push it, it is not responding, but when I press it slightly more it is working.
I have warranty left, but I don't know whether they will format it or not and I don't want to lose my friend code etc..
What could be broken? The rubber? Replacing this should not be that hard...

Thanks

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
That happend to my GBA SP, but if you want to repair it, you need to remove the plastic in the buttons in the motherboard with carefull, or you'll end your 3ds and say bye bye to warranty!
I think in warraty, they change your 3ds with another new 3ds. so you'll lose EVERYTHING.
Also, be carefull with Ribbon cables, they're so weak.

Last edited by Alex4U,

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
If the button feels normal when you press it, but just won't register unless you press it more firmly, it's likely not the rubber pads that are broken, but that the contacts need to be cleaned of corrosion. How old is this N3DS? Did you buy it used? Ever spill anything on it? Do you keep it somewhere with a high humidity?

Also, I've never heard of Nintendo formatting a console which has been sent in for repairs, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Thau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The button feels normal when pressing it. I bought it April 2015 (new). I contacted nin and they told me, that there is a high chance that I will keep my data. But their repair form says I have to backup everything (ha-ha).
I will check out, how to open it. Just in case I will buy a new rubber (found button set+rubber for 10€)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E