Gaming My thoughts on SMM for 3DS

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
What if one of the courses stored was actually used for a different purpose?

EDIT:The game does review the extdata every time it gets loaded, what if we could change the value that causes the game to check the extdata?
Someone on chaos site discord told me that they tried that. Editing a value isn't possible and it would probably require ASM hacking to do this.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone on chaos site discord told me that they tried that. Editing a value isn't possible and it would probably require ASM hacking to do this.

Didn't someone do the same thing with ACNL and the save data corruption with that? We just changed the ID. (I am assuming that it works the same way)

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chris_Highwind
May I get a copy of your save file?

Turns out it's the extdata that has issues, the save itself transferred from my leak cia to the freeshop cia just fine, so here. All Super Mario Challenge levels cleared, with more than enough medals to access the hidden world levels in Coursebot which are also completed. Some courses have both medals, some have none. Most, if not all, course elements are unlocked (Unsure if getting all medals unlocks course elements too)

Attachments

• Super_Mario_Maker.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: Garblant

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Turns out it's the extdata that has issues, the save itself transferred from my leak cia to the freeshop cia just fine, so here. All Super Mario Challenge levels cleared, with more than enough medals to access the hidden world levels in Coursebot which are also completed. Some courses have both medals, some have none. Most, if not all, course elements are unlocked (Unsure if getting all medals unlocks course elements too)
When trying to import someone else's save you get an error that says the save can't be used or something though :/

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to import someone else's save you get an error that says the save can't be used or something though :/
(In theory) We just need to find the string of characters that has information about the origin console, and replace that information with our console's information.

The only hard part right now is finding out all of the data that's stored in the Progress file.

Last edited by Garblant,

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
(In theory) We just need to find the string of characters that has information about the origin console, and replace that information with our console's information.

The only hard part right now is finding out all of the data that's stored in the Progress file.
That's what we've been trying to do, so far no success with editing any bytes that are different between progress files from different systems.

Reactions: Garblant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1