ROM Hack My start date for Ultra Sun is before release

MicheaI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically my trainer passport says I started on 11/14, should I restart? Or is that not a big deal? I doubt I’ll be banned as well since I have turned off my wireless and injected a different local friend code.

Morrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Finally someone with some common sense Lol

Lol. Thanks. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would advise against this, unless you take care to update all of the other dates in the save file too. Having inconsistent dates would allow GF to determine your save is hacked.

"You can use PKHex to change it if you want - But its not needed."

He CAN - If he wants to - But its not needed. Thats clear msg being sent.

That being said - I'm not sure if GF is evaluating catch dates and comparing it to start dates... Can that be confirmed rather they are cross refing that data?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would advise against this, unless you take care to update all of the other dates in the save file too. Having inconsistent dates would allow GF to determine your save is hacked.
No it won't.... I can have my date set to 2012, then catch a pokemon and set it to 2009 then catch another and they won't match. Date has absolutely no bearing on anything. Period, and never will. And you don't have to hack your save to change the date/time on your console.

Lol. Thanks. :D

"You can use PKHex to change it if you want - But its not needed."

He CAN - If he wants to - But its not needed. Thats clear msg being sent.

That being said - I'm not sure if GF is evaluating catch dates and comparing it to start dates... Can that be confirmed rather they are cross refing that data?
Even if they did it wouldn't matter since the date is determined by the date YOU set yourself, not an automatic time set by geolocation.

Reactions: Morrogoth

Morrogoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it won't.... I can have my date set to 2012, then catch a pokemon and set it to 2009 then catch another and they won't match. Date has absolutely no bearing on anything. Period, and never will. And you don't have to hack your save to change the date/time on your console.

Even if they did it wouldn't matter since the date is determined by the date YOU set yourself, not an automatic time set by geolocation.

Exactly!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your console doesn't have GPS, you have to tell it where it is and what time zone you're in...... Changing that at any time is no indication of a hacked console.

Reactions: Morrogoth

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Moon's save is about a week before it released, and nothing happened when I played online a bunch after. If they ban you for it just tell them you keep your system a certain amount of time behind for Animal Crossing or something. As long as all the dates are consistent, it should be just fine.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if they have done this in the past, but based in previous banning, changing anything that's immutable is dangerous. IMO it's best not to make any changes that could result in blatant signs of hacking, in case there's another ban wave based on a more solid analysis.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if they have done this in the past, but based in previous banning, changing anything that's immutable is dangerous. IMO it's best not to make any changes that could result in blatant signs of hacking, in case there's another ban wave based on a more solid analysis.
Game Freak isn't in charge of bans the previous bans were all from Nintendo for being online before release date or homebrew activity in logs.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Little correction, date DOES matter, but ONLY when you inject mystery gifts of a past generation game to a new one. Then it saves two values for the date and gets blocked by the anti-cheat straight away, doesn't get you banned though, at least not instantly.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little correction, date DOES matter, but ONLY when you inject mystery gifts of a past generation game to a new one. Then it saves two values for the date and gets blocked by the anti-cheat straight away, doesn't get you banned though, at least not instantly.
Met date isn't saved from past gen pokemon period, they won't ever display a specific date in a current gen and it definitely doesn't make them blocked by any anti-cheat AFAIK. I've been collecting them for years now as well as submitting to ProjectPokemon.org and this is the first I've heard of it. Even the mods over there (who 100% know their stuff) will tell you what you're saying is more than likely not true. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I'm 99% sure the mods over there wouldn't tell people met dates didn't matter; especially in past gen, if they did.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Met date isn't saved from past gen pokemon period, they won't ever display a specific date in a current gen and it definitely doesn't make them blocked by any anti-cheat AFAIK. I've been collecting them for years now as well as submitting to ProjectPokemon.org and this is the first I've heard of it. Even the mods over there (who 100% know their stuff) will tell you what you're saying is more than likely not true. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I'm 99% sure the mods over there wouldn't tell people met dates didn't matter; especially in past gen, if they did.
You don't get what I said. Injecting a mon as MYSTERY GIFT (wondercard) that is not of that generation (eg: Surf+Fly Pikachu from gen 5/6 in the gen 7 games) and receiving the gift in the gen 7 game will make it unable to be traded or used to battle others. Transferring events and stuff is fine, but if you do the wondercard thing, they will save two date values, on saying when you really obtained it and the other saying something like "PWC 2020".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.