My ps4 controller is detected as an unkown usb device

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
it used to work but now it doesnt, and i tried to update drivers but it didnt work
Post automatically merged:

well i tried with another cable and it worked

KellyCollins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I've encountered this issue before, and I know how frustrating it can be. There are a few steps you can take to potentially resolve this:

1. Try Different Ports: Sometimes certain USB ports can be a bit finicky. If you haven't already, try plugging the controller into a different USB port on the PS4.
  2. Reset the Controller: On the back of your PS4 controller, there's a small reset button located near the L2 button. You'll need a pin or a small paperclip to press it. Hold it down for about 5 seconds, then reconnect the controller via USB to the PS4 and try turning it on.
  3. Update Drivers on PC: If you're connecting the PS4 controller to a PC, ensure that you have the latest DS4Windows or other drivers that facilitate the connection.
  4. Cable Issues: Sometimes the cable can be the culprit. If possible, test with another USB cable to see if it recognizes the controller properly.
  5. Test on Another PS4 or PC: If you have access to another PS4 or even a PC, try connecting your controller to see if it's detected. This can help narrow down if the issue is with the controller itself or the PS4.
  6. Check for System Updates: Ensure your PS4 system software is updated to the latest version, as sometimes compatibility issues can be resolved with updates.
If all else fails, it might be a hardware issue with the controller itself. If it's under warranty, consider reaching out to Sony for a potential replacement or repair.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work