PS1/2 My PlayStation is moded, but wont read some games?!

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure that the model of the Playstation dictates which games won't run without being patched. My chipped PS is a launch model and boots everything I throw at it without being patched, as I believe they didn't have the lockouts they introduced in later revisions.

I know some games could be played on earlier versions of the playstation without modchip just by swapping the cd in the cd player
as long the cdda track toc was bigger than the one you swapped it for.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With regards to burning speeds: It's less "slower is better" and more "CLV is better". Specifically, some drives use Z-CLV when burning higher speeds, which abruptly changes write speed in different parts of the disc. This can result in some blank spots, which isn't usually a problem on modern drives, but can affect older ones.

Most desktop drives record using CAV at higher speeds, which keeps the disc speed constant but adjusts the laser speed on outer tracks. I'm not sure if this causes problems with the older drives either, but it shouldn't be as bad as Z-CLV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o