Hardware My Nintendo Switch Cooling Mod

M1dn1ghtN1nj4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a typo on my end that was supposed to say aren't haha I apologise for the confusion

#blamemobilekeyboards

Autocorrect does that to me a lot if I'm not paying attention to what I'm writing. I use swipe-to-type, or gesture/glide-typing. I will eventually release the file, but I want a chance to make a bit of money first. I have some other projects I'd like to get to work on, and the sales money from this will go toward the new project. It's Rasberry Pi 3 based.....that's all you need to know right now. :D

Last edited by M1dn1ghtN1nj4,
Reactions: Deleted User

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm, 4.5C difference with only this change is pretty good.

I prefer stock dock for home usage (it hides my MAGIC-NS adapter in the back), so it actually seems like a nice thing to do and make sure that games don't throttle even in summer with 35C.

@M1dn1ghtN1nj4
Did you manage to test any other game? For example a specific area in zelda's korok forrest?
Also it's nice to know your ambient room temperature also.

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure everyone knows what was in the last thread that was deleted. So I'm not going to go through and say it all again.

The videos: (edited to comply with former complaints)

Part 1: The Design

Part 2: The Testing

Part 3: The Prototype

That's really cool! Nintendo should really get on this money making opportunity.

M1dn1ghtN1nj4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, 4.5C difference with only this change is pretty good.

I prefer stock dock for home usage (it hides my MAGIC-NS adapter in the back), so it actually seems like a nice thing to do and make sure that games don't throttle even in summer with 35C.

@M1dn1ghtN1nj4
Did you manage to test any other game? For example a specific area in zelda's korok forrest?
Also it's nice to know your ambient room temperature also.

I've only tested FastRMX and BOTW. But, it really doesn't matter what game is being played. This isn't measuring the Switches temperature, it's measuring the change in air temperature going INTO the Switch. Obviously, feeding it colder air is better. The circuit board in the dock will only ever get so hot, no matter what you do on the Switch. So bypassing the heat generated by the board, and feeding the Switch colder air through the vent in the circuit board enclosure, is a big benefit. You're not going to overhead that board, so that's not an issue.

Reactions: CTCaer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaFp_WnSP8