Gaming My new 3DS XL :)

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morning all,

So a few months ago I posted about a Nintendo Direct competition that was ran and it was announced that my name had won. Anyway I was scepticle about this as there was plenty of people with my name that would have entered.

3 months later I get a package which is a limited edition 3DS XL Fire Emblem console. :-D

Massive Surprise as I had forgotten about it!

Anyway I now have two 3ds xl consoles in my house. One my old 3ds xl I have Animal Crossing and Mario 3D on the console that I downloaded from the store.

My mrs has now claimed that console as I have the Fire Emblem one. She only wants it because Animal Crossing is on there. So how can I transfer everything from old to new except the Animal Crossing game?

Is that possible....? Surely there is a way.

Hopefully someone can pass on knowledge of this.

Thanks in advance (Oh and I have never won a competition in my life so im extremely happy about this)

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Congratulations! It's always nice winning things, and you're out of luck. You're best bet would be to buy another copy of Animal Crossing and give it to your Mrs and then system transfer the old 3DS to your new XL.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right guys a bit of a spanner in the works here. Basically mrs wants the 3ds xl only for animal crossing. I've just logged on to club Nintendo and I've been given a free download code to anyone who registers a 3ds xl in the next few months.

Would it work If I did a system transfer I could keep the new one to myself with the new 3ds. Could I then create a new account and claim the download on my old 3ds ???

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right guys a bit of a spanner in the works here. Basically mrs wants the 3ds xl only for animal crossing. I've just logged on to club Nintendo and I've been given a free download code to anyone who registers a 3ds xl in the next few months.

Would it work If I did a system transfer I could keep the new one to myself with the new 3ds. Could I then create a new account and claim the download on my old 3ds ???

It should work theoretically, they gave you a code for you to activate. I'm sure you can give it a go on your old 3DS. If not, then it seems that code will only work on your 3DS XL.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks im going to give it a try. So just to clarify.

1. I have my original 3DS XL which currently has Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D land as downloads on it.

2. I have my new limited edition 3DS XL which currently has Fire Emblem on it.

- I am thinking that if I "transfer" everything from 1 to 2 I will then have my new limited edition fire emblem 3ds with Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D Land.

- Then I register my new console and give my friend (my partner) the download code. She then logs in with her account and redeems the code through my old 3DS XL?

It sounds as though it should work........ Does anyone agree or not? Im going to give it 30 minutes to see if I get a reply and then try it if not.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks im going to give it a try. So just to clarify.

- I am thinking that if I "transfer" everything from 1 to 2 I will then have my new limited edition fire emblem 3ds with Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D Land.?

It sounds as though it should work........ Does anyone agree or not? Im going to give it 30 minutes to see if I get a reply and then try it if not.

Just google'd a bit for you, and they said the games you downloaded from the eShop go to your SD card, but are linked to that 3DS only. So there is no way that you can transfer the games you downloaded from one console to the other. However, multiple people said that if you contact Nintendo, they will do this for you.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right im going to have a go. Do you not think there will be an issue with registering the code with the ds to receive animal crossing?

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right im going to have a go. Do you not think there will be an issue with registering the code with the ds to receive animal crossing?

Well there would be two logical situations for this.

Either that the download code you get by activating your limited edition 3DS, will be bound to that 3DS and won't be able to work on any other 3DS.

Or it provides you a download coupon, to where you can use it on any console, once.

The best thing is to give it a shot, and then see what happens. As we really don't know what will happen.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im worried by that first sentence "Either that the download code you get by activating your limited edition 3DS, will be bound to that 3DS and won't be able to work on any other 3DS." My partner would then lose animal crossing as the 3DS she wants with it on isn't the one it would eventually be on.

:-S

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im worried by that first sentence "Either that the download code you get by activating your limited edition 3DS, will be bound to that 3DS and won't be able to work on any other 3DS." My partner would then lose animal crossing as the 3DS she wants with it on isn't the one it would eventually be on.

:-S

What exactly are you trying to do? The download code, what game is that for?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok sorry mate, I haven't explained this as well as I should have.

1. Ok so I have my 3DS XL. I got this at Christmas and on it I have both Super Mario 3D land and also Animal Crossing.

2. I have now won a competition for a new Limited Edition Fire Emblem 3DS XL. I have this too.

3. My girlfriend now wants my original 3DS XL and have me use the Fire Emblem one.

4. So I want to transfer all my data across to the Fire Emblem one so that I don't lose my games etc. Once I use transfer it will wipe the original 3DS XL to factory settings.

5. I also now have a Animal Crossing download code (see Link)

6. So I want to be able to give my girlfriend my old 3DS XL and have her register the code so that she can also have animal crossing on her 3DS XL.

7. On that link it says this in the terms "The recipient must register their 3DS at Club Nintendo by October 7, who can then request a New Leaf download code in exchange for the Recommendation Code."

8. So could I use my girl friends account to register my Fire Emblem 3DS XL and then download the game on my Old 3DS XL with her own account?

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"The deal works by one person registering their game and 3DS, then nominating a recipient, then the recipient receiving a free additional digital copy of the game when they registering their 3DS system."

That's the first thing that is said on that news article. I'm guessing if your girlfriend didn't register her 3DS already, she is eligible for the code. At least that's what I think.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right Its doing it... god the pikmin are so cute.... I probably will never see these animations again.. Love it... lets hope this works or im dead :)

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right guys, everything is cool here.

I transferred my systems. I then was able to claim my free animal crossing just like Devin stated and everything is cool.

I have my fire emblem system with Fire Emblem, Mario 3d and Animal Crossing on and my mrs has my old console with her beloved Animal Crossing.

Phew.

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right guys, everything is cool here.

I transferred my systems. I then was able to claim my free animal crossing just like Devin stated and everything is cool.

I have my fire emblem system with Fire Emblem, Mario 3d and Animal Crossing on and my mrs has my old console with her beloved Animal Crossing.

Phew.

Ah, good to hear, this'll be handy for future references :).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY