My likes are going missing

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
IDK if i pissed of a staff member or something else is going on. but lately i've noticed that my likes are going missing. i was close to be 1000 likes more then my post. but slowy by surely my likes are going away.

HELP!

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
why? most of the threads are going away after some months or a year max, the ones that dont are full of shitposts or are some stupid shit that runs for years like "rate the above song" and shit like this... not something to be proud of

but your likes can actually show how helpful you have been over the years to GBAtemp. but then thats like saying once you answer a topic or topic is not used anymore it should be just deleted.

well in fact it can help someone else years later. who might have a niche problem with say a Wii or a NDS in the future or any other console.

its like keeping records of our past, but the modding/hacking scene like ours.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
but your likes can actually show how helpful you have been over the years to GBAtemp. but then thats like saying once you answer a topic or topic is not used anymore it should be just deleted.

well in fact it can help someone else years later. who might have a niche problem with say a Wii or a NDS in the future or any other console.
It can also be a rather misleading indicator since people who were much more active before the likes were introduced have a much lower post/like ratio.

Not to mention that you can get your post liked for just about anything.

D

Deleted User

It can also be a rather misleading indicator since people who were much more active before the likes were introduced have a much lower post/like ratio.

btw when were they introduced?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

thats just life and technology really. maybe a new feature might come in one day and makes us look like noobs. like discord app, but i still like the shoutbox more even tho its the same 5 people in it.

Last edited by Flame,

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Likes and/or featured posts *theoretically* should be an indicator of helpfulness but unfortunately, it doesn't quite translate in reality. We have seen time and time again succumb to the bandwagon mentality and it's not just restricted to the temp.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK if i pissed of a staff member or something else is going on. but lately i've noticed that my likes are going missing. i was close to be 1000 likes more then my post. but slowy by surely my likes are going away.

HELP!
I tend to delete a lot of off topic, image only, or one word posts even if they have a lot of likes. I tend to be a bit harsher with my delete button than the rest of the staff but that is no need to cry. To avoid your likes from going missing, I suggest not posting in threads likely to be deleted, as well as avoiding posts that violate rules. Whether it be off topic or a reactionary post, just don't do it. Be helpful or harvest your likes from the EoF by actually being funny.

Just be glad I dont go in and set your likes to 0 again :bortz2:
In the words of our wise former staff member, " I am kind"

Last edited by BORTZ,
Reactions: xtheman and ItsKipz

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe these go hand in hand but i wish you could see all the comments that you "liked" from other people's post on your page profile so you can go back to them for reference purposes.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good