Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
8BitWalugi said:
No one mentioned Yu-Gi-Oh! (Original Series) or from what I know, Fullmetal Alchemist.

'Tis a cryin' shame m'boy...

I mentioned FMA.
smile.gif

Saikano was pretty good too, but I read only the 1st volume. :\ I'll get the remaining ones if they are only 8 in total. ^^

Also Chobits was quite a good read! ^^

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Well a lot of people have said so far that Gantz isn't suitable... Lol I'll just avoid it till I'm older.
I'm not so into well that kind of stuff. (Pretty clear what that "stuff" is
tongue.gif
)

Reborn sounds interesting. I'll check it out. For those interested like I am, clickk.

I'll be sure to check everything you guys recommended. Especially soul eater and reborn. I read in English btw
biggrin.gif

Kieokes no need to worry. I'll check out Shaman King. You seem pretty interested and passionate in Shaman King, why shouldn't I try it?
tongue.gif

Shinigami: Death note sounds pretty cool. I'll get to that.

You guys are really giving me a boost with reading Manga's. Thanks!

And thanks a lot rubedo
biggrin.gif

By the way, for those who recommended GetBackers, I know that the creator of Psycho Busters created GetBackers as well. So I HAVE to check GetBackers xP

Saikano looks pretty nice. I'll check that
smile.gif

For those who recommended Naruto, Dragonball, Yu-Gi-Oh! and etc... This might be a good recommendation to people on the forum, which is great. But for some reason I don't find them that interesting. I mean yeah I do enjoy heroes, superpowers and that... But not like that type idk how to say what I mean lol. Either way keep recommending Manga's for other people too. ;P Not just me.
tongue.gif

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
TheTwoR's said:
Well a lot of people have said so far that Gantz isn't suitable... Lol I'll just avoid it till I'm older.
tongue.gif
)

Reborn sounds interesting. I'll check it out. For those interested like I am, clickk.

I'll be sure to check everything you guys recommended. Especially soul eater and reborn. I read in English btw
biggrin.gif

Kieokes no need to worry. I'll check out Shaman King. You seem pretty interested and passionate in Shaman King, why shouldn't I try it?
tongue.gif

And thanks a lot rubedo
biggrin.gif

By the way, for those who recommended GetBackers, I know that the creator of Psycho Busters created GetBackers as well. So I HAVE to check GetBackers xP

smile.gif

For those who recommended Naruto, Dragonball, Yu-Gi-Oh! and etc... This might be a good recommendation to people on the forum, which is great. But for some reason I don't find them that interesting. I mean yeah I do enjoy heroes, superpowers and that... But not like that type idk how to say what I mean lol. Either way keep recommending Manga's for other people too. ;P Not just me.
tongue.gif

A little tip on Reborn: don't stop reading till volume 7-8 (I don't remember exactly, but I think 8), because the first part is just to know the characters and seems made of quite random stories (one for each chapter) involving them. With volume 7-8 (the Vongola Ring arc), things start getting interesting.
smile.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheTwoR's said:
tongue.gif
)

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

And thanks a lot rubedo
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

tongue.gif

Reborn and Soul Eater are garbage, don't read those.
Reborn starts off as a REALLY BAD comedy and then transitions to a mediocre-at-best battle series.
Soul Eater starts off pretty good but once they finish the Arachaphobia arc the entire series turns to shit. Plus it has terrible artwork and the fights are almost impossible to follow because the manga artist has no clue how to properly draw attack frames. The Anime is a lot better, if only because the animation is great and the fights are a lot more fluid and awesome. The plot pretty much sucks in both versions so really the only reason to check Soul Eater out is the fights, and since the Anime does the fights so much better... yeah >_>

Aogu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rubedo said:

Spot on. You need to read interesting awesome stuff. I seriously recommend Death Note to you, but only if you want to do actual reading as well!
I really quite like thriller/scifi/horror stuff so I have to tell you that Monster is the one of the best series ever written, and Higurashi is just the most awesome stuff (similar to a kind of Wicker Man set up, if you've ever seen that?).

If you want to read right to left, I wouldn't, but Tokyopop produce many of their UK editions in that form. This does mean that the frames are reflected and so sometimes the spacing goes wrong and you can end up with dialogue errors in some cases. I tend to stay away from battle manga of any sort, but if you want to read some bat-shit crazy action manga you need to read black lagoon.... what's not to like about dual pistol wielding, freelance mercenarys kicking neo-nazis in the face?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
Reborn starts off as a REALLY BAD comedy and then transitions to a mediocre-at-best battle series.
Soul Eater starts off pretty good but once they finish the Arachaphobia arc the entire series turns to shit. Plus it has terrible artwork and the fights are almost impossible to follow because the manga artist has no clue how to properly draw attack frames. The Anime is a lot better, if only because the animation is great and the fights are a lot more fluid and awesome. The plot pretty much sucks in both versions so really the only reason to check Soul Eater out is the fights, and since the Anime does the fights so much better... yeah >_>
I can not say anything about the manga, but the plot and story ,expect ending, was good and yeah >_>

Which the anime would have keep going...

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
TheTwoR's said:
tongue.gif
)

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

And thanks a lot rubedo
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

tongue.gif

I actually like Reborn, and sometimes they are actually funny. Reborn is awesome and how it has a great theme to it also. Battles are pretty epic and the art(in the latest chapters) is pretty good. I saw your anime list and it seems you are more into the slice of life/romance manga than the comedy action manga that reborn and soul eater and other mainstream manga are. The only mainstream manga i see that you actually like is one piece and that is not a bad choice.

Other manga i recommend are:
Defense Devil(Wonderful art, but story kind of side tracks a bit but its still good)
Bakuman(From the creators of deathnote, not the same theme though)
Ao no Exorcist(One of the most Amazing art i have seen by far, the story line is also amazing. Sadly chapters are updated randomly)
The Breaker(If your into martial arts, you may like this one. It's a Korean manga but is read from right to left like a Japanese manga. Art gets better and changes gradually but if you look back, art looks completely different lol)
The Breaker New Wave(It's a continuation of The Breaker)
Kimi no Iru Machi(AKA A Town Where You Live. I don't know i just got hooked on this manga)
Ane Doki(Same with the above manga)
Fairy Tail(Just an awesome Manga, I'm pretty sure its already pretty well known)
Gamaran(Time based on Fuedal Japan, battles are just, wow, i can't even explain, but the art isn't that good(Everyone has the same facial structure XD) but you will get used to it)

The rest is up to you. Just look around, if the manga looks interesting then read it. Me personally, read mostly Shonen manga. This doesn't mean its Jump though. I don't really like reading shojo manga b/c for some reason(To me) the art all looks the same.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Since you're 13, I also don't recommend you reading Gantz. Netheir Berserker.
All mangas are read from left to right (unless it was mirrored, but it rarely occurs now).

I read A LOT of manga tiles, and a huge amount of'em is not suitable for youngsters, so my suggestion is the following ones:

Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X) - It's about a samurai wanderer who wants to forget and absolve his own sins. There is lots of humor and action, a must read.

Love Hina - some may say it's ecchi (obsecene), but it's not as much, i think it's safe. It's about a guy who, after failing the exams 3 times, ends up on a feminine dormitory, owned by her grandmother. Then he ends up being the dorms' manager, and he must avoid the girls hostility towards him.

Mahou Sensei Negima - From the sme mangaka (manga artist) of Love Hina. It's about a 10 years old kid who dreams about becoming a great magician like his father and also finding him, but for this, his first "task" is to be an english teacher at a gilrs-only japanese school.

Card Captor Sakura (aka Sakura Card Captors) - It's more a shoujo (for girls) manga than a shounen (for boys), but it's light and really nice. Its about a girl who needs to find magical cards that were spread over the city which contains huge powers.

All these above i belive you can find on stores.

Now, if you want to read something form the internet, try reading Aqua and it's sequel Aria. It's a different view from the future and have no fights and no nudity at all. Just the days from a girl who wants to become a Prima (a kind of master gondolier).

I could strech up and recommend lots more, but i'm sure you already have plenty of recommends
happy.gif

Ps.: Shaman King, Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist are great >-D

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Shinigami357 said:
Whew. You prob read right to left by instinct by now, huh?
ph34r.gif
Lol depends on the manga I'm reading. Japanese manga is right to left, but for Korean manga, it's left to right (though I don't usually notice until I actually see a name or something...not that it really matters to me xD, it's not hard to swap around a couple of words).

Ranma 1/2 is read from left to right, and I'm pretty sure it's Japanese.
I've only read 2 manga's - one being Ranma 1/2 - which I'd highly recommend, and the other being Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle - which is probably the best thing I've ever read in my life.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
gamefreak94 said:
I actually like Reborn, and sometimes they are actually funny. Reborn is awesome and how it has a great theme to it also. Battles are pretty epic and the art(in the latest chapters) is pretty good. I saw your anime list and it seems you are more into the slice of life/romance manga than the comedy action manga that reborn and soul eater and other mainstream manga are. The only mainstream manga i see that you actually like is one piece and that is not a bad choice.

Other manga i recommend are:
Defense Devil(Wonderful art, but story kind of side tracks a bit but its still good)
Bakuman(From the creators of deathnote, not the same theme though)
Ao no Exorcist(One of the most Amazing art i have seen by far, the story line is also amazing. Sadly chapters are updated randomly)
The Breaker(If your into martial arts, you may like this one. It's a Korean manga but is read from right to left like a Japanese manga. Art gets better and changes gradually but if you look back, art looks completely different lol)
The Breaker New Wave(It's a continuation of The Breaker)
Kimi no Iru Machi(AKA A Town Where You Live. I don't know i just got hooked on this manga)
Ane Doki(Same with the above manga)
Fairy Tail(Just an awesome Manga, I'm pretty sure its already pretty well known)
Gamaran(Time based on Fuedal Japan, battles are just, wow, i can't even explain, but the art isn't that good(Everyone has the same facial structure XD) but you will get used to it)

The rest is up to you. Just look around, if the manga looks interesting then read it. Me personally, read mostly Shonen manga. This doesn't mean its Jump though. I don't really like reading shojo manga b/c for some reason(To me) the art all looks the same.

Wow thanks
biggrin.gif
This is very helpful!

QUOTE(toguro_max @ Nov 21 2010, 11:31 PM) Since you're 13, I also don't recommend you reading Gantz. Netheir Berserker.
All mangas are read from left to right (unless it was mirrored, but it rarely occurs now).

I read A LOT of manga tiles, and a huge amount of'em is not suitable for youngsters, so my suggestion is the following ones:

Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X) - It's about a samurai wanderer who wants to forget and absolve his own sins. There is lots of humor and action, a must read.

Love Hina - some may say it's ecchi (obsecene), but it's not as much, i think it's safe. It's about a guy who, after failing the exams 3 times, ends up on a feminine dormitory, owned by her grandmother. Then he ends up being the dorms' manager, and he must avoid the girls hostility towards him.

Mahou Sensei Negima - From the sme mangaka (manga artist) of Love Hina. It's about a 10 years old kid who dreams about becoming a great magician like his father and also finding him, but for this, his first "task" is to be an english teacher at a gilrs-only japanese school.

Card Captor Sakura (aka Sakura Card Captors) - It's more a shoujo (for girls) manga than a shounen (for boys), but it's light and really nice. Its about a girl who needs to find magical cards that were spread over the city which contains huge powers.

All these above i belive you can find on stores.

Now, if you want to read something form the internet, try reading Aqua and it's sequel Aria. It's a different view from the future and have no fights and no nudity at all. Just the days from a girl who wants to become a Prima (a kind of master gondolier).

I could strech up and recommend lots more, but i'm sure you already have plenty of recommends
happy.gif

Ps.: Shaman King, Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist are great >-D

Each and everyone one of those sounds better than the other. Can't wait to read them all xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good