Gaming My first ever 3DS and Fire Emblem. Feels like I'm about to experience an amazing gaming journey.

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ESggjMh.jpg

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well if you send it to Nintendo before doing that, you won't be able to do it afterwards. And if you do it before, you can perfectly install an SD-less A9LH that is almost undetectable (the only way to detect it is to put an SD card with an arm9loaderhax.bin file at the root, but just send your 3DS without an SD card and they most likely won't try that).

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you send it to Nintendo before doing that, you won't be able to do it afterwards. And if you do it before, you can perfectly install an SD-less A9LH that is almost undetectable (the only way to detect it is to put an SD card with an arm9loaderhax.bin file at the root, but just send your 3DS without an SD card and they most likely won't try that).

Saw my Russian friend do something like that earlier tonight and I have no desire to screw around with my new 3DS. I work with broken shit all week as an IT administrator, so when I get home, I want my stuff to just work with no Bullshit.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, it's obviously your choice in the end, but I still list all the stuff that you'll miss I can think about here.

### "BAD" STUFF
  • free games
  • free DLC
  • cheats (mostly bad if "one hit in MH", but you'd even lose any fun so why do it? and not so bad if used to have a permanent paintball on the monster to avoid running around like a fool for 20 minutes or if you only unlock clothes in Pokemon and not Pokemons)
### "GOOD" STUFF
  • no loss of features (yes, online works, that's not a feature but I still list it because some people are paranoid)
  • region-free (so you can play JP-only games)
  • patched games (so you can play JP-only games... in English!, or play a Pokemon game without outlines or whatever)
  • language emulation (play a game in English on a French console, useful to look for info about Yokai Watch items online)
  • buy carts, play digital (because carts are an obvious better possession than digital, but digital is extremely more convenient)
  • backups (say you drop your 3DS and it's broken. You lost all your digital saves... except if you backed them up (homebrew is enough for that but CFW is better))
  • other uses of backups (saved too much Smash replays? Make a backup, delete all replays and you have space without really losing any replay)
  • free streaming on N3DS. Not 60 FPS but better than nothing
  • play games with a controller (for example, play Smash with a Gamecube Controller, well I never managed to do that but I heard it's possible)
  • easily take screenshots ingame
  • control backlight more precisely than with 5 choices
  • WIP ability to share Mario Maker levels even without official online mode
  • possibility to have two 3DS without too much problems (such as having to buy games twice or not being able to share saves)
  • probably more but that's already long enough to tl;dr so I'll stop here :P

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw my Russian friend do something like that earlier tonight and I have no desire to screw around with my new 3DS. I work with broken shit all week as an IT administrator, so when I get home, I want my stuff to just work with no Bullshit.
Alright man, your choice, just hope you enjoy your new system.

As a side note, sorry for all the frustratingly simple questions you must have to answer in IT :)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
*some guy gets a new 3DS and doesn't want to mess with it, but other people recommend installing A9LH right away*

Give him a break guys.
I didn't start this way, I just specified that 3ds.guide was a link (because it's true that it's not obvious). Then I answered his arguments against hacks, but I didn't start with arguments in favor right away.

BrainRush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wanted to buy this pack too but I've decided to pick the blue color since i don't really like white. But it looks really great hope you'll enjoy it!. However, the most AMAZING thing in this picture is still your cat is so damn CUTE!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello