Gaming My DSi is broken

Dahaka93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, first post here.

I need your help to find out what the hell is wrong with my DSi. Or rather was, because I broke it completely while trying to fix it, lol.

Anyway, everything was fine and dandy until I played Taitko no Tatsujin. When I was playing it, the game froze and I had to reset my DSi. Ever since that moment, my DS has been freezing on all games, but it was kinda weird, because for example in Ouendan 2 it wasn't just a simple freeze. The game worked ok up to the menus, but when I entered the song selection screen, there was no music, although the rest of the game worked. Then I chose a song, a cutscene played without music in the background, agents poped up on the screen... and they just stood there. It wasn't a freeze, their animation was working, but the game just refused to load the song. Wierd as shit. And yeah, the game had been working perfectly fine for weeks before the first freeze happened. Other games were freezing like 2 minutes into the game.

Anyway, I read on the internet that the wifi board might have been a problem, so I removed it, and suprisingly, it worked! But not completely, because while there were no freezes after 3 minutes of gamplay, there was a freeze after 2 hours of playing. And that freeze killed the DS, when I wanted to turn it on, only black screen would welcome me (the lights acted normally)

So having absolute zero knowledge about insides of DS, or about insides of anything, I just opened it up, touched some things/cables, plugged and unplugged wi-fi board and just did a lot of random stuff hoping it would fix my DS, lol. Anyway, it didn't, but the screen was no longer black, now it was getting a freeze after 2 second in the menu. Seeing how my random actions helped at least a little, I tried to do it once again.

I was doing the same thing over and over again, and eventually my DS came back to life, only to die after a day after another freeze. I got pissed off and punched to back of my DS and, holy shit, it fixed it!. I am not kidding you, I've been playing it for a whole week without a single freeze. I was so proud of myself.

But then I did something very stupid. I've decided to put my wi-fi board back into my DS, for god knows what reason. As you can imagine, after putting it back together, a black screen from my nightmares returned. So once again I decided to do random shit inseide of my DS, but this time I kinda broke off that little cable responsilbe for connecting the battery to motherboeard.

http://i.imgur.com/Nfeseqm.jpg

So yeah, I have three questions.
1. What the hell was wrong with my DS before I completely ruined it.
2. Is it possible to fix this thing I've broken?
3. I can buy a DSi with a not working upper screen. Can I use it to replace the broken parts in my older DSi, or should I just buy a new one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E