My Atmosphere mods don't work anymore

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
At some point, I updated CFW and Atmosphere (currently 15.0.1 and 1.4.0 iirc), moving all my old mods to a folder titles oldatmosphere in /switch. My today's attempt to load a mod for a recent game resulted in CFW crashing and restarting, and copy and pasting some of the previously functional mods from oldatmosphere to atmosphere showed that those cannot start the game either (albeit without the game crashing).

Some questions that could possibly help me:
1. Is the path contents\Titles\TitleID or contents\TitleID? I recall that changing at some point.

2. Do the cheats folder in the same TitleID folder as the romfs folder and the romfs_metadata.bin file matter at all? They are present in the old mod folders I imported, but missing in the new game one. In each case, the game won't start (and in the case of the new title, the whole CFW crashes).

3. Do I need to change the TitleID after the game has been updated? I saw it mentioned somewhere on this forum.

4. Anything else I might be missing? Maybe it's obvious to experienced modders around here.

edit: the error messages are as follows

"The software was closed because an error occurred."

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At some point, I updated CFW and Atmosphere (currently 15.0.1 and 1.4.0 iirc), moving all my old mods to a folder titles oldatmosphere in /switch. My today's attempt to load a mod for a recent game resulted in CFW crashing and restarting, and copy and pasting some of the previously functional mods from oldatmosphere to atmosphere showed that those cannot start the game either (albeit without the game crashing).

Some questions that could possibly help me:
1. Is the path contents\Titles\TitleID or contents\TitleID? I recall that changing at some point.
/atmosphere/contents/<titleID> is the current path.
2. Do the cheats folder in the same TitleID folder as the romfs folder and the romfs_metadata.bin file matter at all? They are present in the old mod folders I imported, but missing in the new game one. In each case, the game won't start (and in the case of the new title, the whole CFW crashes).
Yes, cheats go in the same /atmosphere/contents<titleID> folder
3. Do I need to change the TitleID after the game has been updated? I saw it mentioned somewhere on this forum.
no, the titleID does not change
4. Anything else I might be missing? Maybe it's obvious to experienced modders around here.

edit: the error messages are as follows

"The software was closed because an error occurred."
Make sure your Sigpatches are up to date as well.

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof