Homebrew My Acekard 2i Setup

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One important note:
I am NOT a programmer - all I've done is gathered together files and edited files that other (proper) programmers have done
(I'll gladly try & sort out any problems you may have with this package though)

Why is my setup different then anyone else? Read quote below:
QUOTE said:
Usually once u put in games in your acekard. You see nds files (which you can boot up) and also some other useless stuff like .txt's and images. Also even if you set it so you only see nds files, you will still see the useless folders like BEUP for Beup Live 0.7, DustBox (used for moonshell) and other folders that if you open it, its is EMPTY! Lol, why would you need these? And even the same for moonshell, if you open it up, you see nds games (which you cant open unless u got MAIO). And also loft of empty folders. So in my setup I have edited the configuration so that you ONLY SEE WHAT YOU WANT. If you open up acekard you see only nds games and homebrew, if you open up moonshell you only see multimedia.

FAQ:
Q: Why is this different then MAIO?
A: Becuase u cant use cheats with that unless you go back into the acekard menu. Annoying to go back and forth.

Q: Don't you also have to go back into acekard menu if you want to play games? And vice-versa?
A: Yes that is true, but this is much easier. And with all the garbage hidden. It will make your life easier 0_o

QUOTE said:
Updates
[Sep-05-10]: Original post of package (v1.00)

Installation

* Back up your MicroSd card (for Safety)
* Format with Panasonic Formatter
* Download any of the following:
> Haddad's Acekard 2i Setup 1.00 (Contains Moonshell v2.10 stable and akaio 1.7.1)
* Unzip the files & copy directly to your Acekard 2i MicroSD card root directory

You should end up on your root directory:-

__aio (folder)
Games (folder)
GB Games (folder)
Hombew (folder)
moonshl2 (folder)
Music (folder)
Videos (folder)
Wallpapers (folder)
ak2i-9.ico (icon)
akmenu4.nds (ak2i launch function)
autorun.inf (the autorun file)

For Games and Homebrew
Use: AKAIO 1.7.1
Only see: Games Folder and Homebrew Folder

Once u load up the Acekard, you see:
->Games (all my nds games)
->Homebrew (all my homebrew, moonshell is here too)
(Nice and simple huh) >_>

I have it so you ONLY see .nds files (games and homebrew). And nothing else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Pictures/Videos/Music

Use: Moonshell 2.10 Stable
Only see: Music, Videos, and Wallpapers Folder

Once u load up moonsell, you see:
->Music (all my music files to listen too)
->Videos (all my .dpg movies/videos)
->Wallpapers (all my pictures/wallpapers)
->akmenu4 (to go back to acekard menu and play nds games)
(Nice and simple huh) >_>

I have it so you ONLY see pictures/videos/music if I open up Moonshell. And nothing else.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is the point of this thread?
unsure.gif

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Read the quote I just added. And I will also add a poll if somebody wants the same setup as me and I will upload it here so other people can download it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you not add AKAIO loader to MoonShell and then not have to go back to AKAIO so often? So you can load homebrew and games when you don't want to cheat without having to load a different menu? Also btw, I would advise using FavLauncher from Xenon++'s MoonShell2 tools so that you can hold one button on startup to load MoonShell, and another button on startup to load AKAIO, so you don't have to wait for one to load, then load the other. You can also add other loaders, like DScovered or DSision2, and have multi-booting awesomeness. This is what I'd be doing if I had a decent flashcard.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's a bit like being one of those windows perfectionists, but I can see your point. It is a lot more organized that way, but I don't really think it's a problem the way it is now.
This will be usefull for small children with an acekard however, not much to go wrong this way.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:
Can you not add AKAIO loader to MoonShell and then not have to go back to AKAIO so often? So you can load homebrew and games when you don't want to cheat without having to load a different menu? Also btw, I would advise using FavLauncher from Xenon++'s MoonShell2 tools so that you can hold one button on startup to load MoonShell, and another button on startup to load AKAIO, so you don't have to wait for one to load, then load the other. You can also add other loaders, like DScovered or DSision2, and have multi-booting awesomeness. This is what I'd be doing if I had a decent flashcard.

Well. This is kind of to be organized >_<

A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Really horrible English we have going here
unsure.gif

Still I don't really see the point in this?

I will try to fix my spelling, sorry lol.

QUOTE(scrtmstr @ Sep 5 2010, 10:17 PM)
it's a bit like being one of those windows perfectionists, but I can see your point. It is a lot more organized that way, but I don't really think it's a problem the way it is now.
This will be usefull for small children with an acekard however, not much to go wrong this way.

Exactly wat I said before, it is alot more organized.

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
When i do reinstall AKAIO i usually start out with folders like that but i always mess up later lol. Then i CBA to sort it all out again.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WioWao said:
When i do reinstall AKAIO i usually start out with folders like that but i always mess up later lol. Then i CBA to sort it all out again.

I will release this package later today. I am trying to make it as orginized as possible. And test it out couple times till its good. Then I will release v1.00 for all those who want a orginized akaio/moonshell2

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haddad said:
SifJar said:

Well. This is kind of yo be organized >_<

I haven't a clue what you mean by this statement. Any chance you could rephrase it?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, how do I explain it further lol? Basically, this gets rid of all the folders/files you dont need to see, period.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"kind of yo be organized" - what the flip?!? That is the bit confusing me, it makes NO grammatical sense, or indeed any type of sense at all.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And I was suggesting how to make your setup more usable and no less organized: Use FavLauncher to allow a choice of MoonShell or AKAIO at boot, instead of having to wait for MoonShell to load, then load AKAIO and wait for it to load, then be able to play games.

The way I suggested, it'd be the same as it is now, only if you turned on normally, MoonShell would boot, and if you turned on holding e.g. the R button, AKAIO would load instead, cutting out the MoonShell step every time you want to load a game.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Note to everyone. Download link is down cuz I am gonna try to re-upload it. It will be available asap

---EDIT---

I do not know why even after I re-upload it to filetrip and try to download it, it gives me a 404 error. I will upload to another file hosting site instead. Its almost done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...