Hacking My 128 GB is almost full!

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought 128 GB would be more than enough. Though actually after the emunand partition, I only have 117 to work with... Now I once again find myself in need of more space. There's still plenty I need to put on my 3DS. I'm considering getting a 256 GB micro SD, but wondering where the best place to find a legit card, and if it would even work with N3DS. Anyone have an idea?

D

Deleted User

I thought 128 GB would be more than enough. Though actually after the emunand partition, I only have 117 to work with... Now I once again find myself in need of more space. There's still plenty I need to put on my 3DS. I'm considering getting a 256 GB micro SD, but wondering where the best place to find a legit card, and if it would even work with N3DS. Anyone have an idea?
Wait, you have an 128GB sd card for your 3DS and you don't have enough space?! What do you put on your sd card?!!!

D

Deleted User

I thought the 3DS supports only up to 32GB?
I saw somewhere that there is a way to get sd cards with 64gb and higher if you install a custom partition or something, but i still don't understand how 128gb isn't enough for him.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, I have 144 3DS games in CIA format coming in at 97.5GB, then there are numerous emulators, (NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, Sega Master System, Genesis, 32X, Final Burn Alpha, Mame, Neo Geo, PCEngine, PS1, etc. Then I'd like to set up Sunshell with some movies and music, so, ya...

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really don't see the issue here. Just move some games to an external HD and free up some space, it's not like you need 144 games on the 3DS at all times, considering 100 of those are probably shitty games anyway.
Do you switch between 144 games every day?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So far, I have 144 3DS games in CIA format coming in at 97.5GB, then there are numerous emulators, (NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, Sega Master System, Genesis, 32X, Final Burn Alpha, Mame, Neo Geo, PCEngine, PS1, etc. Then I'd like to set up Sunshell with some movies and music, so, ya...
Are you deleting the .cia files from the sdmc after you install them? Dumb question, but some forget this obvious thing :P

I really think the issue is prioritizing what you need. You don't need 100's of games on a portable all at once.

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1