Hardware Multiplayer portable. Realistic?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the big use cases for the Switch seems to be as a portable multiplayer device. I personally just don't see it as the screen is only 6". I just don't see that working out very well.

What do you think?

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the big use cases for the Switch seems to be as a portable multiplayer device. I personally just don't see it as the screen is only 6". I just don't see that working out very well.

What do you think?
The vita's screen is a 5" IIRC and it works fine so I see no problem.

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must just be my bad eyes. I just don't enjoy being that close to someone else and both trying to use the same screen.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

What do you think?
I played 2-player games on the Wii U gamepad (with a similar screen size) a couple of times, works reasonably well. It's hardly optimal though, but it beats wasting time with shitty phone games.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Maybe you can get yourself one of these bad boys for the switch
lightmagnifier.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played bomberman and snipper clips multiplayer on the tablet, I presume you saw the demo hall and it was not the best lighting for gameplay. The former was not ideal but still doable and the latter did far better but was not really about timing and precise movement like bomberman. In either case the controller was probably the bigger issue and not a game breaking one.

That said my eyes are really quite good.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah idk.
Think about it this way. The 3ds screen is what 3.4 to 4inch.
while the switch is a bit over 6inch.
So if you split the screen into 4 (like mario kart) it should still have enough room to see everything clearly.

And for the most part i think the masses of games will be online multiplay vs same system.
So you would be able to play like if you had any handheld or were online/system link another system.

So yea i dont see it being a big deal. Split screen should still be very see able.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Sharing 1 screen is the 'lure', to get you to buy your own Switch (or to get your friend to buy one). After that, you have your own screen (and your friend has their own).

The kickstand doesn't seem to want to go to low angles, so looking at the screen from above will be a bit iffy. To me that's a fairly big oversight for both single & multiplayer usage in many situations when your head is higher up than ideal.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The kickstand doesn't seem to want to go to low angles, so looking at the screen from above will be a bit iffy. To me that's a fairly big oversight for both single & multiplayer usage in many situations when your head is higher up than ideal.
There are third-party stand options, or you could just lay it down flat.

On another note, download play is confirmed on a title-to-title basis for Switch. Good stuff. :switch:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...