Hacking Moving from Gateway EmuNAND to boot9strap

ArceeSeven

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

I just bought a New 2DS XL to upgrade my lovely but ancient O3DS. I've been running GW EmuNAND on my 3DS with no issue. I got GW back when it was the only game in town, CFW-wise, and I never needed to upgrade.

Now I have a New 2ds XL on the post and suddenly I need to update to use the O3DS as a 'source' system. And I'm at a loss on how to go about this!

Here's what I think I need to do. I've tried to research all this but I'm still confused. Any help would be appreciated!

1. Export .savs into .cias as per MattKimura's tutorial (need to make sure the CIAs match the region/version of the .3ds files, right?)
2. Install boot9strap and Luma 3DS (guides always assume you're on stock and don't have GW EmuNAND which is not my situation)
3. Follow the steps on 3DS guide about moving emuNAND but again it assumes I have things installed that I can't figure out how to install
4. Profit!

tl;dr: I want to have a more current SysNAND CFW in my O3DS to ease the transition to a New 2DS XL and ease future hacks and make it not reliant on the GW card (if the O3DS can use the GW card at the end of it, it'd be super but it's not a priority)

Thank you :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740