More Skyrim Hype

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I didn't have much loading issues on the 360
- load times when entering dungeons (quite short), houses (short), cities (long), loading a game (long)
- near-instant "now loading" on-screen text with brief pause during exploration of environments
- felt like a streamlined game overall, didnt feel choppy or anything.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, every time I see the game in a Youtube video, the graphics don't really astound me. It seems hardly a step up from Oblivion at highest settings, which is kind of disappointing. It's probably because they have some issues with the hardware limitations of the PS3 and especially the 360.

I've played the Witcher 2 about a month ago, and that looked great. A LOT better than Skyrim. But Skyrim will entertain me for much longer of course, graphics aren't the most important.

Look on the bright side, at least the water looks like water this time, and not some blue translucent jelly.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
To be honest, every time I see the game in a Youtube video, the graphics don't really astound me. It seems hardly a step up from Oblivion at highest settings, which is kind of disappointing. It's probably because they have some issues with the hardware limitations of the PS3 and especially the 360.

I've played the Witcher 2 about a month ago, and that looked great. A LOT better than Skyrim. But Skyrim will entertain me for much longer of course, graphics aren't the most important.

Look on the bright side, at least the water looks like water this time, and not some blue translucent jelly.
True that. They've added some underwater stuff too IIRC, sweet! But if I'm honest, the water already looked excellent in Oblivion with some mods ;)

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I find I'm checking torrent sites atleast twice a day to see if the PC version has been leaked, that's how excited I am

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oblivions loading times were worst on the PS3, but on occasion for some unfathomable reason were just as bad on the 360... the PC version seemed to load (once your save was loaded) the fastest and of course looked the best.....

The only loading news I've heard is regarding the 360 version: loading times for the game will be considerably longer if you empty the game from cache, ie play another game.... it's probably a given the PS3 version will suffer the same fate... Pity, as I can't stop playing my beloved Forza 4 whilst I whip through Skyrim (yes I'm getting the 360 version despite having a fast enough comp), but it's not the end of the world... loading times feel less long with RPGs, and certainly Oblivion wasn't as bad as say FFXIII for it..... Roll on friday - I've got the day off work lol! (saddo ehh..!!)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True that. They've added some underwater stuff too IIRC, sweet! But if I'm honest, the water already looked excellent in Oblivion with some mods ;)

I tried those water modes (the ones that used the shader models), while they looked nice, they gave Martin Septim an abnormally dark orange face, so I was like "screw it" and got rid of the mod.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I find I'm checking torrent sites atleast twice a day to see if the PC version has been leaked, that's how excited I am
It's been leaked, but you need to wait for the 11th for a crack.

yea its leaked

crack will most likely be by Skidrow as its a steam crack required

D

Deleted User

By using a Aussy VPN, I am now playing the game

4atEA.jpg

R3RcU.jpg

3yQWn.jpg
Ultra High, its at 60 fps, but I was screencap spamming so it dropped a little, works like a fucking dream. graphics are amazing.
Note that IMGur makes the image look bad since it changes it to a JPG

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm so bored now that I'm actually registering for a Aussy VPN. Hope it will work, cause I can't find a free one

z0m813.cl0wn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I pre-ordered mine a while back I am getting it in the morning UK... and I have watched every video possible shame I can't bag a day off to play it asap, oh well waiting isn't so bad I guess..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents