Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

biodante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all, thanks a bunch for taking of your time doing this guide. So my question is really simple, Im at 9.7 (yes this is an old 3ds that has not been used for quite awhile) so I can use this guide to downgrade to 9.2? or I need to update to the latest firmware?

Reactions: SuperPowerGaming

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lmao I tried. I guess no nintendo cfw for meeee
You could just get a friend that runs Windows or Linux to run the script.
I've tried it in every single possible manner and the script works just fine under Linux and Windows.
It's got to be an OSX-specific problem.
In any case, could you paste the specific output when you try to run go.sh?
Copy and paste it from the terminal so I can tell what's going on.

Last edited by Sgt. Lulz,

mig the noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just get a friend that runs Windows or Linux to run the script.
I've tried it in every single possible manner and the script works just fine under Linux and Windows.
It's got to be an OSX-specific problem.
In any case, could you paste the specific output when you try to run go.sh?
Copy and paste it from the terminal so I can tell what's going on.
I tried this already got the same hs.app not created bullshit

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried this already got the same hs.app not created bullshit

Exact output.
"hs.app not created" doesn't tell me anything, pretty much anything could've gone wrong between the start and finish.
Select everything between you running the snippet I pasted a page ago and the last line and copy and paste it here.

mig the noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exact output.
"hs.app not created" doesn't tell me anything, pretty much anything could've gone wrong between the start and finish.
Select everything between you running the snippet I pasted a page ago and the last line and copy and paste it here.
#!/bin/bash

if [ -e input/hs.app ]
then for x in input/*.cia; do . tools/process.sh $x input/hs.app; done
else printf "ERROR: hs.app not found\nPlease generate hs.app with Decrypt9 and put it into the input folder\n"
fi

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
#!/bin/bash

if [ -e input/hs.app ]
then for x in input/*.cia; do . tools/process.sh $x input/hs.app; done
else printf "ERROR: hs.app not found\nPlease generate hs.app with Decrypt9 and put it into the input folder\n"
fi
That's just the go.sh script.
You're not getting an error, you're opening the script in a text editor.
Rename go.sh to go.command and double-click it. That should make it actually run.

At that point I realized that the Linux build of ctrtool and 3dstool wouldn't make the cut to be run in OSX for obvious reasons and I need to sleep soon.

mig the noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's just the go.sh script.
You're not getting an error, you're opening the script in a text editor.
Rename go.sh to go.command and double-click it. That should make it actually run.

ERROR: hs.app not found

Please generate hs.app with Decrypt9 and put it into the input folder

logout

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ERROR: hs.app not found

Please generate hs.app with Decrypt9 and put it into the input folder

logout
Well, see the edit above anyway.
Your best bet is to skip over injecting FBI and install FBI.cia directly by running FBI.3dsx through the Homebrew Menu through Browserhax in emuNAND.

SuperPowerGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all, thanks a bunch for taking of your time doing this guide. So my question is really simple, Im at 9.7 (yes this is an old 3ds that has not been used for quite awhile) so I can use this guide to downgrade to 9.2? or I need to update to the latest firmware?
I'm wondering the same.

I've been trying for the past two days to downgrade to o3ds 9.2 from o3ds 9.7 using sysupdater 0.4.2b.

ExcideSC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the cakesFW emunand firmware supposed to just say ver. 9.2.0-20U? How can I tell it's on emunand and not sysnand? I get the cakesFW boot screen, go to select patches, check everything (such as enable emunand, disable signature checks, etc), and then boot the CFW. Then when I go to system settings it still shows the firmware as ver. 9.2.0-20U. There's nothing to indicate it's on emunand as opposed to sysnand. I can't find anything online either showing how to confirm if cakesFW emunand installed correctly or not.

Is there any way I can check? I'm not going to try working with or updating my 'emunand' at all unless I'm 100% sure it's emunand.

This is exactly what happened to me I guess I have to start from scratch and not power down my device until I've noticed I'm in emuNAND and updated another way to check that the emuNAND has booted up is to move over to health and safety and it the image on the top screen changes to FBI then I guess that means it has booted emuNAND up and your clear to update..

But after the update on the emuNAND do you launch it with the L trigger??

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering the same.

I've been trying for the past two days to downgrade to o3ds 9.2 from o3ds 9.7 using sysupdater 0.4.2b.
It should be okay to downgrade.
I've heard people saying you shouldn't downgrade to 9.2 without first upgrading to 10.3, but that makes no sense.
As for N3DS, it's still a bit hit and miss, but most that seems to happen nowadays is partial downgrades and the occasional softbrick.
Indeed, CakesFW does not have a version string patch, so your best way of knowing whether or not you're in emuNAND is checking out Health & Safety and seeing if it's been replaced with FBI instead. That's the most surefire way of knowing you're in emuNAND and it's safe to run system update.

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be okay to downgrade.
I've heard people saying you shouldn't downgrade to 9.2 without first upgrading to 10.3, but that makes no sense.
As for N3DS, it's still a bit hit and miss, but most that seems to happen nowadays is partial downgrades and the occasional softbrick.
Indeed, CakesFW does not have a version string patch, so your best way of knowing whether or not you're in emuNAND is checking out Health & Safety and seeing if it's been replaced with FBI instead. That's the most surefire way of knowing you're in emuNAND and it's safe to run system update.

Our 9.5 O3DS was downgraded to 9.2 so it won't be a problem, though when I tried downgraded a 9.9 N3DS to 9.2, I've got an error after several cias installed. but luckily it still boots normally in 9.2 already.

But as I've said, the whole downgrade process wasn't successful so I upgraded it to 10.3 then tried downgrading again, no issues encountered afterward. Oh by the way we have 3 N3DS, the one that I mentioned was our 3rd unit, my 1st unit and attempt in downgrading was from 9.9 to 9.2 and no errors encountered, the 2nd unit was from 9.6 but it already has the update nag so i proceed with the update to 10.3, successful downgraded as well.

ExcideSC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey sgt. lulz just wanna say i finally got cfw working on my 2ds and some cias installed finally thanks alot for all the help and the tutorial you have provided me and others keep up the awesome work.. :)

btw i got one quick question if i wanted to buy a bigger sd card could i just transfer all the files and folders on my current sd over onto the new one or would i have to go through the whole process again??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto