Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
complete with...

micro.jpg

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Huh, still no "New Super Mario Bros. iOS/Android" game coming? That's a surprise. I'm still waiting for "New Super Mario Bros. Pachinko Edition".

Reactions: Deleted User

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Picture this in your mind: You've got your always-on phone in your pocket when it starts bleeping. You pick it up and find that your friend is currently visiting your Animal Crossing town so you jump into the game and say hi. Common guys, not everything has to be micro-transactions. I think this idea is good.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you joshing me? The Nintendo fanbase wouldn't detect intentions of greed even if Scrooge McDuck was their CEO - we're talking about the people who "upgrade" their systems every 2 years and buy the same games over and over, deluding themselves into thinking that they're new and innovative (NSMB, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash), they'll lap all of this up and they'll be happy that it was "free to play", my naive padawan.
Do you think I actually pay for my games?

Reactions: Lycan911

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
More Animal Crossing? How about no?
Animal Crossing is a social experiment - Nintendo is trying to figure out how many times they can sell the same video game and get away with it. In its defense though, Happy Home Designer was a pretty fresh look on the formula as it focused on one small aspect of the other games and elaborated on it. That made it feel new and original, which is nice.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More Animal Crossing? How about no?
Just because you do not like something does not mean Nintendo is going to stop making them. Animal Crossing is a huge sale for Nintendo console or handheld. Even the weakest sales are still into the millions, except for Amiibo Festival. I am not sure what that was all about.

I have been saying for a while I would have rather it be on phones because of how low/high the "completion" of your town can be. People can visit other towns without nintendo's silly NNiD system, and play on the go without hauling along a second system. I personally welcome an Android Animal Crossing with open arms.

Animal Crossing is a social experiment -
I was going to say I feel like its kinda like Nintendo's video game version of a social media website.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Just because you do not like something does not mean Nintendo is going to stop making them. Animal Crossing is a huge sale for Nintendo console or handheld. Even the weakest sales are still into the millions, except for Amiibo Festival. I am not sure what that was all about.

I have been saying for a while I would have rather it be on phones because of how low/high the "completion" of your town can be. People can visit other towns without nintendo's silly NNiD system, and play on the go without hauling along a second system. I personally welcome an Android Animal Crossing with open arms.

It's literally the same game again and again. Why does it sell?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
because its cute and pretty ;D

i got the new leaf, it was my first animal crossing game, is sitting on my drawer for years now...
when played multiplayer there was nothing to do...
there is nothing to do on the game...
since i bought the game i played like 5 minutes every day for 1 month...
i tried the other versions (for wii and ds) i just played them 1 minute each and never touch again,,

Last edited by migles,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not LITERALLY the same game just very close. Foxi will probably back me up(?) but its like anything that is already (subjectively) good, and sells year after year. Pokemon, CoD, FIFA, are just a few examples that do the same thing. Think about it. Its why you like a certain genre of video game. I like RPGs because they all play somewhat similar. Even closer, are games in the same franchise. Its why you like music in a certain genre, or the same bands music album after album.

Reactions: NEP

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pffffffff holy shit the hypocrisy is cringe-worthy at this point, like seriously not just a year ago 99% of everyone was like "NINTENDO SUCKS BALLS, THEY SHOULD JUST MAKE MOBILE GAMES" and now they are making mobile games and they're worse for it????

jfc there's just no pleasing some people

Last edited by UltraHurricane,
Reactions: Ryccardo

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
pffffffff holy shit the hypocrisy is cringe-worthy at this point, like seriously not just a year ago 99% of everyone was like "NINTENDO SUCKS BALLS, THEY SHOULD JUST MAKE MOBILE GAMES" and now they are making mobile games and they're worse for it????

jfc there's just no pleasing some people

I don't remember anyone saying that.... I certainly didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum