Gaming Monster Rancher DS Hype Thread

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just speak into the mic. If its freezing then yeah, probably a bad dump.

Also, I've noticed that incantation doesn't really care about WHAT you say. It has more to do with tone, and length of the sound. Try saying something. Then humming it at the same tone. It should produce the same monster.

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dan80315 said:
Cheats ruin my games
frown.gif

I know right? I quit over 10 games because I used cheats. :c

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dan+Demonic Chocobo: I've just tried NoCashGba and it looks like it's the flashcard's fault, it works perfectly fine on the emulator. So I'll download the newest Sakura and hope for the best.
smile.gif
Thanks for tips!

Oh yeah, monsters with high strength kill almost everything off, but the problem is once you get to the higher tournaments where other monsters have high def and it's not so easy. Especially if you yourself don't have much def. Currently I'm raising my second monster and although he's rank B, he's got really low defense because I've been taking him to drills mostly, so I plan to raise that stat now. And then I'll finally be able to get to an even higher rank.
biggrin.gif
But the main fun is noticing how the monsters behave differently and each reacts differently to things you do. So I love how they have their own personalities and look forward to my first combining.
smile.gif
And of course I want to unlock all secrets in the game.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
let us all take a moment to mourn my best monster ever created in the monster rancher games...his name was noble and he was a shadow mage of S rank with 100 fame...he was really a legend...most damage he ever did was 628.

we'll miss you!

but then I loaded my game and froze him.

great sucess!

I now use a dragon as my 2nd monster but it's not as good as my shadow mage was
frown.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
First Impressions.

- Being the childish douche that I am, the first symbol I drew to summon my first project was of course a huge hairy cock and balls. The game decided to take the piss and awarded me with a fairy. But for sheer lolz I decided to raise it anyway. Called it Navi since I was intending to delete the save and start seriously later anyway, so to hell with originality.

- Within a few hours of starting, Navi's intelligence training has paid off to the point where she's easily one-shotting everything in any tournament, regardless of rank. Learned the 'Starlight' long range move early on and it will kill anything it hits without question. The starting close range attack 'Ray Cast' will either one-hit KO or take the enemy to critical health. Her intelligence stat is over 500, so her magic is obscenely strong.

- Navi's reputation is so fearsome that on several occasions the enemy has been too chicken-shit to fight me, giving me the victory by default.

- She's a cheating little mare, never try to skill train a fairy 'cause she just swims across the lake and boots the target down.

- Got as far as the rank B tournament but was told that Navi was getting old and slow, best to retire her. So I froze her and decided to draw other obscene symbols and say random crap to spawn my next project. After a failed attempt at raising a golem and the wierd yellow thing that looks like the lovechild of Electabuzz and Super Sonic, I fused the two together and ended up with the wierd lovechild thing but entirely blue, like a ghost or a graphical glitch.

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My first monster called "Abyss" looked like a blue staff-wielding little pharaoh. It started out with awesome stats, so I got through the tournaments easily and after spamming drills I got as far as Rank B. The last thing I did was win the dragon tournament before my monster was going to die after 2 years and a half...so yeah, froze it, and trying to look for something new to raise.

Is it alright to summon monsters from the encyclopedia then freezing them all and combining them to get other types? I did that on the GBA games, but on this one I'm not so sure since the whole "if you don't save you lose 50 action points" thing...
unsure.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But the 50 action points hidden statistic doesn't deter you from creating monsters and then freezing them, I think that's perfectly allright. Only if you were to reset the game during that you would get the 50 points minus.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is there a way to know how much Action Points do we have ? I really want to know if Real Time Save counts as a reset or not.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Blackiris said:
My first monster called "Abyss" looked like a blue staff-wielding little pharaoh. It started out with awesome stats, so I got through the tournaments easily and after spamming drills I got as far as Rank B. The last thing I did was win the dragon tournament before my monster was going to die after 2 years and a half...so yeah, froze it, and trying to look for something new to raise.

that was the same as mine!awesome starting stats!
it grows so powerful its ridiculous...his stats when I froze it were:
POW round 900
INT 370-400
SKILL 500
LIFE 500-550
everything else below 200

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been messing about with the voice spawning thing. It's wierd. I'm starting to wonder if what you say has any actual impact on what arrives because there seems to be no correlation. Examples:

- My 6 year old nephew saying 'cat' spawned a demonic dog.
- Saying 'dog' spawned some sort of rabbit in a pumpkin, dunno what they were smoking when that was programmed.
- Saying 'rabbit' spawned a whale.
- Saying 'whale' spawned my ex girlfriend. ZING! But seriously, it spawned a dog. Either way it works.

Later I'm gonna stick on Clerks, maybe Clerks 2, and see what some of the quotes spawn. Imagine what I'll get for this one:

Probably that rabbit again.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
it was more like 3 years but anyway...

I went on drills each month and did the trigonon forest drill which raises POW by 20 and life by 10 each time you pass a mission.
which would explain why I only had 3 attacks lol

make sure you go on drills and not regular training when your monster is in its prime.

then it'll absolutely trash everything between E and A ranks...unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try the official S rank tournament
frown.gif

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@dysan
Ah, I see. I guess I was holding back on drill spamming; thought it'd have the slightest bit of a negative effect when that's the way to go
cool.gif

Just one last question before I start trying to make an S-rank monster and progressing with the game's story...who knows what the stars, circles, circles with dots, triangles, etc. mean on the information on attacks? It'd be so much easier if there was a guide XD

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's the rating from best to worst : star, double circle, circle, triangle, x. So something with a star skill and x attack would have high % of hitting but really low damage. This is of course altered by your own skill and strength I bet.

Speed affects evasion and skill percentage to hit, right?

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heres a tip if you really want to make a monster to rank S and make it until the Bigbang Tournaments,I recommend that you choose two to three monsters that you can combine into a monster that you want,check the talents>breeding(ex.brawny/brainy/lively)>battle talents,likes dislikes,then boost those monsters up to there limits and combine them so you can get a monster with an already high stat, sometimes with three good techs already, and probably with those good breeding talents that you picked

Don't forget to use fatigue and stress relieving items after a drill/errantry/tourney/monsterhunt,use shape altering items like blade weed and fatty meat to keep your monster in best shape always,wit and dependence altering items ,Items are very important in this game

micado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
It's the rating from best to worst : star, double circle, circle, triangle, x. So something with a star skill and x attack would have high % of hitting but really low damage. This is of course altered by your own skill and strength I bet.
Right, so far.
But think of them being affected by your monsters attributes this way: It says how much influence it has on this attack.
For eaxample:
Your monster has 200 "Skill" (Hit-rate)
The attack has a triangle, which means, "Skill" has nearly no impact = "Skill" is useless for this attack.
When the attack has a star, "Skill" has the most influence = "Skill" is absolutely important for this attack.
This means also, if your "Skill" is very low and the attack has a star, you're out of luck, too.

QUOTE(Fel @ Aug 9 2010, 02:56 PM) Speed affects evasion and skill percentage to hit, right?
No.
Speed only affects probability to dodge and defend (defense only active on a defense field)
Skill affects hit-rate.

As this discussion is no longer about "hype", I suggest switching over to this thread,
where I've already mentioned some useful things. And it's easier to follow just one thread instead of 3 (there are guys discussing in the release thread, too).

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and in other monster ranchers-related news...

a few officially released roms have been reportedly spotted in various sites which may or may not host the files themselves, or links for that matter. in case anybody in this forum has not yet found a working link to the working rom, you are advised to do a google search and locate said officially released roms from whichever source you trust not to brick your flash linker.

this report brought to you by me.

credits go to google, for making such a thorough search engine that sometimes includes things not entirely related to whatever it is you are searching for. mozilla for creating firefox, which in my opinion is the best web browser. and for everyone else out there... and blah blah blah...

-snip-

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
micado said:
Fel said:
Right, so far.
But think of them being affected by your monsters attributes this way: It says how much influence it has on this attack.
For eaxample:
Your monster has 200 "Skill" (Hit-rate)
The attack has a triangle, which means, "Skill" has nearly no impact = "Skill" is useless for this attack.
When the attack has a star, "Skill" has the most influence = "Skill" is absolutely important for this attack.
This means also, if your "Skill" is very low and the attack has a star, you're out of luck, too.
So not true. Looks like you haven't played any other Monster Rancher games, right? The grades show how much attack, hit rate, guts damage... the tech has, which is further increased by your monster's stats (and logically it's affected by the enemy's as well). So if you attack an enemy who has relatively same stats as you do and choose to use a tech with a star hit rate, it'll have around 75-89% to hit (just an estimate from what I remember). However, if you use a tech with a triangle, it'll only have around 23-30% to hit. And the lower the enemies' speed and int/str (depending whether the attack is i or p) and the higher your monster's skill is, the percentage will be even higher. And of course, lower if it's the other way round - your monster isn't very skilled and your opponent is quite fast or has very high the str or int stat. What you've just said is just rubbish. Don't get offended, I just hate it when people claim things without having any real evidence or research done and spout things which don't even logically make sense.
micado said:
QUOTE(Fel @ Aug 9 2010, 02:56 PM)
Speed affects evasion and skill percentage to hit, right?
No.
Speed only affects probability to dodge and defend (defense only active on a defense field)
Skill affects hit-rate.

As this discussion is no longer about "hype", I suggest switching over to this thread,
where I've already mentioned some useful things. And it's easier to follow just one thread instead of 3 (there are guys discussing in the release thread, too).
You're wrong. Or you misunderstood me. Like I said, speed affects evasion - what you named probability to dodge. The ability to defend because of speed like you said is not true, as you can see here, or you would have known if you played other Monster Rancher games/did research. Speed affects only evasion rate, not defense. And like I said skill affects the percentage you get in battles to hit monsters, that's right as well. The defense tiles are supposed to increase your guts more quickly (didn't seem to me like the numbe went up faster) and raise just a bit your defense. Not sure about the second one though, it's been hours since I've read the tutorial. It's been a long time since I've tried the GBA games, so that's why I asked about the speed and skill to confirm I remembered correctly from the tutorial, if you're wondering about that.
smile.gif

And I know about the other thread, however it's not visited as much as this one, and you can see it's dead since your last post, so why post it there when more people talk about the game here? It's not hype anymore, you're right about that, but what does it matter? The other thread can be used like an info spot, where you just post things you've gleaned, so that it doesn't stretch on with pages of questions. Besides many people talk here about what they've experienced in the game, like what's their first monster and so on, which doesn't quite fit into your thread.
wink.gif

EDIT: And to correct my own mistake from the first post which started this discussion - "X" means zero, nada, according to several threads over at the famous monster-rancher website, so if it's next to something, it means it has 0 chance of happening - eg. zero damage, zero guts damage etc. However, that's a bit odd, because when playing the game attacks which have 0 guts damage just have a blank field next to them, so perhaps it is the lowest amount of something like I thought it was previously? Or maybe it only applies to certain other things, like normal damage.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be trying this game ^^
Never played Monster Rancher games before
What is the psx disc changing thingy about?
tongue.gif

It sounds a bit... o.o'ish
myah
yah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O