Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is pretty dang boss. I'll have to pick one up while I"m goofing off in free hunt trying to get stuff to trade.

Blindfoldedchaos

Space Captain
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=CSH4YEtjY4E

Is there a comprehensive guide to weapons? I'm still trying to figure out the different glows to a longsword, which is new to me, and this guy can do sliding junk with DS? I would use them more often if I can figure that one out.

Longswords work like so: As you slice and dice, your spirit bar fills and when its full, completing a R combo (its pressing Special something like 3 times) and the final attack which is a wide sweep forward, adds a level of spirit power to the blade, and adds bonus attack damage depending on what level you get the glow to, it goes, white, to yellow, then red and i think its like 18% damage output a bar or something like that

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
The game does take some getting used to with weapons, for ages i didnt know about the SA's like infinate axe combo and altho it drains stamina, when combined with a dash juices, its perfect for trapped enemies. (even more so than the sword mode) But yeah, for the LS, build up the spirit gauge to max and then keep pressing R and make SURE you get the last sweeping hit on the enemy to level it up, its pretty damn powerful if you connect all the hits.

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*finally defeats the Quru after a long week of struggle*
*is asked to capture it afterwards*

As if that's going to happen right away. Atm, I'm fighting the Lagombi to get materials for a new D.Blade ^.^

celeron53

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll be honest. I've been playing this game for well over 70hours and I still don't know what they mean by "longest" and "shortest". I mean it does say centimeters, but does it really matter?? All this time, I've just been pressing "A" to get pass that screen and never thought much about it.

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Largest/Smallest essentially. There's a medal for it but outside that I don't think you get anything out of hunting for largest/smallest, I may be wrong however.

celeron53

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well seeing that I've played this game for +70 hours and never gave much thought about it, I guess it doesn't really matter much then. As long as I get my carves, I'm content.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can only play it on the 3DS, too bad the 3DS doesn't have online capabilities... and like I said, +70 hours in the game, BUT I'm only at HR 2...

Don't worry, I just put in 100+ hours and I just graduated to HR3. I'm probably going to take on the Canteen quest for this level - I hate fighting Gobul, but...yeah.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I have 550 Hours and just transitioning past HR3. ^_^ I attempted "A Brilliant Darkness", but I don't think my HR gear will cut it for Alatreon, so I'm thinking I'll just have to suck it up and get going to G-rank already. I did beat "Mark of a Hero" using HR gear though, so I'm proud of that.

I do have lots of gear to help ease the transition. Like, LOTS. Like, a huge chunk of the HR gunner sets. And a huge huge chunk of the HR LBGs, HBGs, and Bows, all upgraded as mats allow. Yes, I grinded a lot. The gems, oh, those were painful. And the plates, and the medullas.

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tip my hat to you good sir, I only have 50 hours it turns out, it feels like more @.@

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 550 Hours and just transitioning past HR3. ^_^ I attempted "A Brilliant Darkness", but I don't think my HR gear will cut it for Alatreon, so I'm thinking I'll just have to suck it up and get going to G-rank already. I did beat "Mark of a Hero" using HR gear though, so I'm proud of that.

I do have lots of gear to help ease the transition. Like, LOTS. Like, a huge chunk of the HR gunner sets. And a huge huge chunk of the HR LBGs, HBGs, and Bows, all upgraded as mats allow. Yes, I grinded a lot. The gems, oh, those were painful. And the plates, and the medullas.

whaaaat you're just passing hr3? how, what

you should be skilled enough by now to beat alatreon in low rank honestly. i beat him just using hr brachy armor/brachy ds, took 3 tries. just bring bombs, use the binder to bring him down. not a bad fight.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
whaaaat you're just passing hr3? how, what

you should be skilled enough by now to beat alatreon in low rank honestly. i beat him just using hr brachy armor/brachy ds, took 3 tries. just bring bombs, use the binder to bring him down. not a bad fight.

I guess I'm just not really primed yet for an Alatreon fight. But I'll try to sit down with him this weekend. Maybe I can still pull off an HR kill.

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm just not really primed yet for an Alatreon fight. But I'll try to sit down with him this weekend. Maybe I can still pull off an HR kill.

I'd really recommend just doing a run where you know you'll fail and just don't save. Just dick around in it, get a feel for his moves and practice using the binder. Best would be if you could survive long enough for the timer to run out, but don't worry about killing him.

Then do a real run after that.

If you gun him it will require not getting hit (quite a few ways for him to murder you in gunner armor). I don't remember if "guts" or whatever it's called is in HR armor, but that might come in handy as a gunner.

Reactions: ferofax

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yesterday I tried out the switch axe. Pretty strong weapon, not so easy to use though. I went out to look for a carpenter bug to upgrade it, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, a Qurupeco appeared! I was kinda tempted to attack it seeing as how I wasn't ready, but I went for it, and I won :D
The switch axe is now my favorite weapon <3

I have to catch the rascal now to proceed with the story. This gun be good.

Reactions: DaggerV

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Finally beat my wall - Pink Rathian. Stupid thing and fireballs galore. (I carted once because of poisoning and getting dizzy - couldn't break out of the stun until Rathian charged into me.)

I decided to play it uber safe, and kept running into different zones to save myself and heal up. I was wearing Caedadues armour, and using Mercury Edges. I ended up taking a chance and putting down a shock trap and tossing out two tranq bombs. First time, it didn't want to go down. Second time, Rathian flies off and eats a bird monster, and I stop it's meal. I finally finish it with a blow to the head, and drop the shock trap. It goes down with two tranq bombs.

Now for Plesioth.....

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im still a bit of a MH noob as this is only my second game, tri on wii being my first and never completed it. in 100+hrs now and picking of the Narga quite a bit for its armor and weps. just one simple little item that doesnt want to show its self. the infamous Narga Madulla XC kills and captures, with nothing but scales! i've spent the last few days only doing "jumping at shadows" quest. is it just bad luck or is breaking the face and carving the tail just not enough anymore lol.

on another note, discovered the wonderment of the switchaxe! currently wielding the Grimming Katze, its awesome with paralysis, but the cat noises get a bit nerve wracking after a while.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
on another note, discovered the wonderment of the switchaxe! currently wielding the Grimming Katze, its awesome with paralysis, but the cat noises get a bit nerve wracking after a while.

Welcome to the SA club! Im pretty much maining SA too currently, using the dios axe with a nice 220 slime which is pretty much destroying anything that moves. Also, I made that cat switch axe once but then i discovered it made that irratating cat noise and i reset-save so i didnt waste mats/money on it. It does look fantastic tho lol

Im currerntly farming Uragaan for his armour (because i think it looks badass) then im just gonna finish off story mode. My friend just got this game too so i was thinking of making some low level armour/weapons so i can join him in early game without being too powerful. (after discovering with my slime SA, i could pretty much 2-3 hit a jaggi boss to death LOL)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work