Homebrew Monster Hunter Stories U.S. to E.U. demo save?

ThatBenderGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so recently Monster Hunter Stories full game went up on freeShop for Europe and so I downloaded it for Europe. Unfortunately my demo of the game is US so I can't import my demo save into the full game (As they are from different regions). Is there a way to convert my US MHS demo save to a EU save so that I can import it into the game? I believe that's a feature of MHS is the ability to import your save data from the demo to the full game.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so recently Monster Hunter Stories full game went up on freeShop for Europe and so I downloaded it for Europe. Unfortunately my demo of the game is US so I can't import my demo save into the full game (As they are from different regions). Is there a way to convert my US MHS demo save to a EU save so that I can import it into the game? I believe that's a feature of MHS is the ability to import your save data from the demo to the full game.
Yes. With jksm, if you backup the save of one region game, it will automatically let you import it to the same game of a different region. I did that to move my mhgen save to mhxx.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. With jksm, if you backup the save of one region game, it will automatically let you import it to the same game of a different region. I did that to move my mhgen save to mhxx.
No that has nothing to do with JKSM. Most saves works from a region to another but it's not necessary the case.
You cannot extract the MHS demo saves with JKSM you need savedatafiler. You can use EUR demo save on US demo game and vice versa.
You can extract MHS (not demo) saves with JKSM. But I'm not sure you can use them on a different region game. JPN saves for example are not compatible.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that has nothing to do with JKSM. Most saves works from a region to another but it's not necessary the case.
You cannot extract the MHS demo saves with JKSM you need savedatafiler. You can use EUR demo save on US demo game and vice versa.
You can extract MHS (not demo) saves with JKSM. But I'm not sure you can use them on a different region game. JPN saves for example are not compatible.
What about using fbi to copy and paste the save archive manually.

ThatBenderGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. that iso site has the US version (cart dump) up and available if it will make things easier for you.
Oh, I was unaware the that one site already had the US version dumped. I was going off of freeshop which only has the (what I assume to be the eshop version) of the European version

Also I deleted the demo version of the game before installing the European game (which I just realized) so I don't even know if my save from the demo still exists tbh. I'll just have to see as soon as the US version is fully installed

Last edited by ThatBenderGuy,

Committee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I was unaware the that one site already had the US version dumped. I was going off of freeshop which only has the (what I assume to be the eshop version) of the European version

Also I deleted the demo version of the game before installing the European game (which I just realized) so I don't even know if my save from the demo still exists tbh. I'll just have to see as soon as the US version is fully installed

The save is stored inside your EXDATA so it is still there unless you deleted it, I noticed many are saying they can't find it or JKSV does not detect it but Capcom has done it this way since MHX.

Tekniquez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm if you backed up the save jksm and also delete the demo. When starting the game it will still ask to import save from the demo even if it was removed. I backed up my save just incase it didnt but it all worked fine. US demo to US legit game btw, not sure bout EU to US.

ThatBenderGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I've deleted the demo but the US demo save was still there as it asked to import it, it even detected my MHG save

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8