ROM Hack RELEASE Monster Hunter Rise 60 FPS mod

severhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
66C is a sign you should do something with thermal paste because this is already higher than average with max clocks (>60C is a sign to do something).

Issue for Erista is with motherboard, you're stressing it with too high current. Dunno how long it will live if you will play constantly with max clocks.

Sorry to ask again, but what clock speed do you think wouldn't draw enough current for it to be a risk? Would 1585/921 on CPU/GPU be a lot safer?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
V1 unpatched - Logan
V1 patched - Erista
V2 patched - Mariko
Wait, what? Erista is V1, patched and unpatched.
Mariko is V2 and Lite.

Switch never used Tegra K1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry to ask again, but what clock speed do you think wouldn't draw enough current for it to be a risk? Would 1585/921 on CPU/GPU be a lot safer?
For Erista only safe is either GPU or CPU going max and other one staying at default. If one is maxed already, then going with other higher than default is already treated as "risky".
So 1785/460 or 1020/921 is maxed safe.

Last edited by masagrator,

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wait, what? Erista is V1, patched and unpatched.
Mariko is V2 and Lite.

Switch never used Tegra K1.

For Erista only safe is either GPU or CPU going max and other one staying at default. Anything else higher is already treated as "risky".
So 1785/460 or 1020/921.

Corrected my post

Kudaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there any way to make this work with Ryujinx emulator?

I've tried and the emulator is reading it from the correct location but it's not unlocking my framerate.

I'm using version 1.1.1 (0100B04011742000)

Thanks.

id like to know too

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Idk what risk is the risk but I've been playing constantly at max clock 1785/921/1600 for over a year or so at extremely high temperature (around 70), my switch is still intact ( it's 3 year-old for now). Unless there is no case relates to "K.I.A" of overclocking, it's "safe" for now.

Again, OC will kill any machine at time but you will die or sell something before it'll be happened soon.

Enjoy gaming while it will be lasted.

I'm running 2193/921/2131 on Erista btw.

Last edited by thaikhoa,
Reactions: jnl1

severhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Idk what risk is the risk but I've been playing constantly at max clock 1785/921/1600 for over a year or so at extremely high temperature (around 70), my switch is still intact ( it's 3 year-old for now). Unless there is no case relates to "K.I.A" of overclocking, it's "safe" for now.

Again, OC will kill any machine at time but you will die or sell something before it'll be happened soon.

I've been running 1224/921mhz on a lot of games ever since the overclocking homebrew was out, so I honestly don't feel too concerned with overclocking, honestly even if it breaks it's a great experience overclocked to the last day, and you can pick up a tablet-only moddable Switch for like 150-200 euro so even if theres a chance couple years down the line then fuck it, worth.

We've already had overclocking for 2 years and nothing happened so far, and there's definitely a lot of people that go apeshit with it and no reports.. maybe this is a thing on the level of a PC motherboard dying maybe 5-6 years down the line

Reactions: thaikhoa

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been running 1224/921mhz on a lot of games ever since the overclocking homebrew was out, so I honestly don't feel too concerned with overclocking, honestly even if it breaks it's a great experience overclocked to the last day, and you can pick up a tablet-only moddable Switch for like 150-200 euro so even if theres a chance couple years down the line then fuck it, worth.

We've already had overclocking for 2 years and nothing happened so far, and there's definitely a lot of people that go apeshit with it and no reports.. maybe this is a thing on the level of a PC motherboard dying maybe 5-6 years down the line

Yeah, you got the point. The authors of the dangerous things often mention "risk" as they dont want to see "blame" at worst. Again there will be risk here and there but in our real life too.

Reactions: severhead

themosteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

me too dude lol
overclocked to 1785/921/1600 for 1-2 years from start sys-clk release and can use in sx os
I test my battery without OC and still normal can play 2-3 hours

and How to OC to 2193/921/2131??

Last edited by themosteve,
Reactions: severhead

Gimlionroad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mod consists of two files:
- exefs patch that unlocks FPS
- cheat file that has option to change FPS cap to 60.

Both files are needed!

It's compatible only with [version / titleid]:
- 1.1.1 / 0100B04011742000 [West], 0100559011740000 [JAP]

If you want support for different titleid, send me main on Discord.
I'm officially supporting only 0100B04011742000, so any updates for different titleid will require sending me main from updated game.
I'm not doing patches for older versions of game, only for latest one at moment you read this.

Recommended minimal OC settings:
Code:
handheld_charging_cpu=1785
handheld_charging_gpu=921
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Don't even try to use it in docked mode. You won't be able to even see 60 FPS at any moment.

With those settings only bottlenecks are CPU and RAM.
Tested that with 2131 RAM bottleneck there is completely gone. Didn't test anything between this and 1600.
Without RAM bottleneck average gain is 5 FPS.

With 2131 RAM CPU bottleneck kicks in and 1963.5 CPU is not enough to get locked 60.

I won't provide here method how to get higher clocks and don't ask it. If author of those patches would like to share it, he will do it.

Package filename scheme:
Code:
MHRise60FPS-x.x.x-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.zip
x.x.x - version of game
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - titleid

Instructions:
  1. Copy folder with name containing titleid number to sdcard folder:
    • Atmosphere 0.10.0+:
      • atmosphere/contents/
    • SX OS:
      • sxos/titles/

2. Copy folder exefs_patches to sdcard folder:
    • Atmosphere:
      • atmosphere/
    • SX OS:
      • sxos/
  3. Use cheat manager to activate 60 FPS cheat when game is running (for Atmosphere i recommend Edizon Overlay).
You do have mariko right? I don't think erista can be safe to use when overclocking beyond the limits

Any specific reason why we should not try this while docked? I do not understand why

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
V1 unpatched - Logan
V1 patched - Erista
V2 patched - Mariko
That's not correct.
Erista is for both
You do have mariko right? I don't think erista can be safe to use when overclocking beyond the limits

Any specific reason why we should not try this while docked? I do not understand why
Because it will never reach 60FPS at the high resolution it uses in docked mode.
I didnt test but youll probably never get more than 40ishFPS even at max OC in docked mode preset.

Gimlionroad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not correct.
Erista is for both

Because it will never reach 60FPS at the high resolution it uses in docked mode.
I didnt test but youll probably never get more than 40ishFPS even at max OC in docked mode preset.
So I have v1, isnt that erista? I heard people saying the v1 can’t handle overclocking very well because of the board

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why? Was my question. Can’t I lower switches resolution while docked for the fps? Doesn’t it work that way? If not is there anything I can do?
How you want to lower resolution? By using ReverseNX? Heh, so that's why I have wrote "docked mode", not "in dock"...

Don't even try to use it in docked mode

Gimlionroad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How you want to lower resolution? By using ReverseNX? Heh, so that's why I have wrote "docked mode", not "in dock"...

lol I didn’t know there was something called reversenx. Now I know and at least can try. Don’t know if it will work tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1