Hacking Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate DLC

Beastlybaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used teknik app on tinfoil through atmosphere to install mhgu on an emunand. Because this game doesn't "technically" have dlc because it's all free, the store doesn't give you it. You would normally open it up from in game to download all of the packs you want. But because I'm on an emunand and it tries to connect to the internet it crashes instantly and I don't believe I can transfer a free game over to my nand without a ban risk. I've seen multiple threads on how to inject saves with dlc and se hexeditors to manipulate the data but to no avail, none of them worked for me. Could anyone knowledgeable please help me.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used teknik app on tinfoil through atmosphere to install mhgu on an emunand. Because this game doesn't "technically" have dlc because it's all free, the store doesn't give you it. You would normally open it up from in game to download all of the packs you want. But because I'm on an emunand and it tries to connect to the internet it crashes instantly and I don't believe I can transfer a free game over to my nand without a ban risk. I've seen multiple threads on how to inject saves with dlc and se hexeditors to manipulate the data but to no avail, none of them worked for me. Could anyone knowledgeable please help me.
No need to open multiple threads in same topic
https://gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-generations-ultimate-dlc.621650/
Seems this was resolved

Downloading MHGU now to see how it all works.

Looks like there are 4 updates…What update are you on?

Beastlybaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

I have tried using tinfoil, edizon, and checkpoint to edit my save file and inject dlc or hexedit with a clean dlc save, but to no avail, whenever I get close and inject the save, I open the game for it to tell me there is no data. Then I have to restore my backup. My ultimate goal is to take my ongoing save file and somehow inject dlc data into it. I don't want to have to completely start the game over.

Last edited by Beastlybaba,
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have tried using tinfoil, edizon, and checkpoint to edit my save file and inject dlc or hexedit with a clean dlc save, but to no avail, whenever I get close and inject the save, I open the game for it to tell me there is no data. Then I have to restore my backup. My ultimate goal is to take my ongoing save file and somehow inject dlc data into it. I don't want to have to completely start the game over.

I think I understand…seems to be what was being discussed here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/monster...timate-mhgu-dlc-injector.580290/#post-9318615

I’m assuming were looking at the same thread?

e: also looking at this thread:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/clean-mhgu-save-with-full-dlc-mhg-transfer-bonus.543438/

I’ve updated my version with latest updates and I’m going to grab a save file so I can have some “progress” in the game to “protect“ while I inject DLC.

e2: whooboy…down the rabbit hole with this one…

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mhgu-save-editor.515460/

Beastlybaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really appreciate the help so far, I have looked at all three of those threads I should have linked them or something. Have you shown any progress?? Would you like me to send you my system file?

Yeah that third thread is like 20 pages long, I can't say I have been through the entire thing however.

When I use the save editor no matter which system file I choose, the save editor tells me It detects a switch save, but I don't have a save slot in game.

Last edited by Beastlybaba,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really appreciate the help so far, I have looked at all three of those threads I should have linked them or something. Have you shown any progress?? Would you like me to send you my system file?

Yeah that third thread is like 20 pages long, I can't say I have been through the entire thing however.
Naw. No worries. I have a save now. I'm still digging through the threads...learning.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks for everything, yeah I was up till 7 in the morning last night trying to figure this out lmao
OK, so I’m able to import @FlynnScifo ’s DLC located here.

Using @dawnshifter ‘s MHXXSwitchSaveEditor that was updated to work w/ MHGU.

Here’s bad ass Velvet and all her worlds:

image.jpg

So the edit worked…I screwed up my first few attempts w/ possibly broken edits…not sure.

Are the extra worlds the DLC or do I need to do something else to confirm?

Next step I’m going to clean everything up, create a new beginning player, and cut-n-paste 0xF899 - 0xE9C83 from the DLC pack and drop it on my new character and see if it still works. 🤞🏼

Beastlybaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe the dlc adds a new world but it might, I believe you access the dlc by going to bherna and going to your house, or any of your homes in any village, and checking with the cat inside for downloadable content to claim. If there is nothing there I believe you can check at the hunters hub by going up to the quest giver and going to 1star quests and if there are events available, those are dlc events, if there are none I do not believe the dlc worked. But at the same time the dlc could also add a new world I was not aware of that. Could you run me through what you did to achieve this, once you are sure it worked. That would be a really big help to me.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe the dlc adds a new world but it might, I believe you access the dlc by going to bherna and going to your house, or any of your homes in any village, and checking with the cat inside for downloadable content to claim. If there is nothing there I believe you can check at the hunters hub by going up to the quest giver and going to 1star quests and if there are events available, those are dlc events, if there are none I do not believe the dlc worked. But at the same time the dlc could also add a new world I was not aware of that. Could you run me through what you did to achieve this, once you are sure it worked. That would be a really big help to me.

I think the cat has my shit. Does this look like the DLC?

image.jpg

e: I feel like that's it so I think I have a path forward so I'm just going to document my next steps in case I'm right.

I have a character called Binky. He's amazingly good-looking and has visited the chest and swapped out his weapon for the big hammer thingie. (I needed him to do something to differentiate him from a completely new character)

Pre-work:

1) Use JKSV and make a clean backup of your good MHGU game save.
2) Copy the backup file called system to your PC and name it something unique. (I called this one system.binky)
3) grab a copy of Endgame Save with all DLC and unrar it next to your clean game save.
4) import the system file from the .rar file using JKSV.
5) start the game and create a temporary character. I called my trash character Animal.
6) go talk to the cat and make sure you can see the DLC quests (just to be sure)
7) go to sleep on the bed to save your trash character (animal) and make another backup in JKSV.
8) grab the system file from your last trash backup and put it on your PC next to your good character. I renamed mine system.animal so I could keep track of which one is which.)

I now have two system files on my PC:
system.binky (my main playing character w/o DLC)
system.animal (a trash save that has DLC already in it.)

Bringing it all together:

In reading through the descriptions people were using absolute offsets and I think that is what trips people up. Depending upon where you store your character you will have a different offset. One thing you can count on will be the actual character's name so we're going to pivot off of that rather than calling out offsets.

I learned a lot from this post and the rest is kind of my interpretation of what @Gonrak says with additional pictures.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/clean-mhgu-save-with-full-dlc-mhg-transfer-bonus.543438/post-8758962

a) using HxD open both your good (system.binky) and your trash (system.animal) save files.
b) in your good system file (system.binky) search for your character name (in my case...binky) Mine was found at 0x18CC9C but yours could be in one of two other locations I think so use your search results...they are correct.

1668224622859.png

c) Now hit Edit and slide down to Select block

1668225511627.png

This is the step that I think screws people up.

d) In the window that pop up, select Length and enter 11D088 and then click OK to highlight all the data you need to copy.
1668225874735.png

e) Right click the highlighted data and hit Copy.
1668226068882.png

f) in your trash file (mine is system.animal) search for your trash character's name this time. I happened to find mine at the same place but I think it's just a matter of them both being the first character in their respective save files.
1668225244519.png

g) Right click on the highlighted data and paste the data you copied from your good character file by right clicking and using the Paste write option

1668226211995.png

h) Click File and then Save as and save the file as system so we can inject it back into the game using JKSV one last time.

1668226574355.png

1668226713336.png

...with a bit of luck I will now have my good character (Binky with the hammer) and all the DLC.

Drum roll.....

e: Check out Binky over there by the bed w/ his big hammer…

image.jpg

What’s up pussy cat?

image.jpg

I’m gonna call this one good.

image.jpg

Let me know how you get on!

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: themosteve

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can share BCATs of DLC I obtained on a legitimate copy way before I hacked my console (I believe the game didn't get any new DLCs and updates at that point anymore)
They might be bound to the main savefile though, worst case I can share that aswell and you create a new hunter :x

Beastlybaba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say I think you are probably the coolest person in the world. I appreciate the help, everything went perfectly and I now have my character with all dlc and event quests. Thank you so much for the help. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say I think you are probably the coolest person in the world. I appreciate the help, everything went perfectly and I now have my character with all dlc and event quests. Thank you so much for the help. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
LOL! All good man!
I had fun learning a new thing.

Enjoy your game!

Reactions: switchhunter666

PeaceRanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
hello everyone, i hope you are doing well.

ok can anyone help me with this: i need a way to get the limited DLC Palicos They release in MHX, MHG and MHXX, what i mean is not a save file that contains this cats, but a way to make them all appear in the palico ranch again under " hire a Special Palico " like you did with the hub DLC events.

they was like 57 DLC Palicos back in the day if you manage to get them all in the right timing, i only get like 17 transfer them from MHX to MHXX and 6 i get from MHXX so 25 in total, but my son FORMAT my save file by mistake (trying everything under the Option from the home screen), after that day (it was in March of 2018) i start a new save in MHXX but i only see like 9 palicos: ( 7 from MHXX and 2 from MHG ) i think the two from MHG appear cus the game do so, if your SD card have other savefiles from some games that was compatible with MHX and MHXX, afterwhat happened i always backup my save file from time to time.

so the question is: can anyone help to get all 57 palicos appear again in the Ranch? I'll really appreciate it thank in advance this will really help a lot

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, i hope you are doing well.

ok can anyone help me with this: i need a way to get the limited DLC Palicos They release in MHX, MHG and MHXX, what i mean is not a save file that contains this cats, but a way to make them all appear in the palico ranch again under " hire a Special Palico " like you did with the hub DLC events.

they was like 57 DLC Palicos back in the day if you manage to get them all in the right timing, i only get like 17 transfer them from MHX to MHXX and 6 i get from MHXX so 25 in total, but my son FORMAT my save file by mistake (trying everything under the Option from the home screen), after that day (it was in March of 2018) i start a new save in MHXX but i only see like 9 palicos: ( 7 from MHXX and 2 from MHG ) i think the two from MHG appear cus the game do so, if your SD card have other savefiles from some games that was compatible with MHX and MHXX, afterwhat happened i always backup my save file from time to time.

so the question is: can anyone help to get all 57 palicos appear again in the Ranch? I'll really appreciate it thank in advance this will really help a lot
I think this is possibly a different topic altogether, but let’s see. I’m not a MHXX expert so maybe it is on topic.

What have you tried thus far? Did you look at the end game save provided in the link above? What is it missing that you’re still looking to get?

Reactions: PeaceRanger

PeaceRanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I think this is possibly a different topic altogether, but let’s see. I’m not a MHXX expert so maybe it is on topic.

What have you tried thus far? Did you look at the end game save provided in the link above? What is it missing that you’re still looking to get?
thanks a lot for replying, I'll try that save file you mentioned, after that I'll reply to you

it didn't work on my 3ds

Last edited by PeaceRanger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz