Hacking Monster Gen keeps crashing :(

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Totally possible that it's a hardware fault. Just like a computer that can boot up but crashes when running graphics intensive applications.
Since you've just bought it, is it possible for a return? If so just restore a backup and do it.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like you to provide a proof for that ..
Things like the game card slot can fail and the 3ds can still boot up. Screen ribbon cables can become damaged and the system can still boot up. There are many things that can happen hardware-wise, and the 3ds can still boot.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Things like the game card slot can fail and the 3ds can still boot up. Screen ribbon cables can become damaged and the system can still boot up. There are many things that can happen hardware-wise, and the 3ds can still boot.
I was referring to other hardware issues that may affect the functioning of said game, such as, ram, processor , etc.. The screen or the SD port aren't necessary for the 3ds to bootup.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
In MHGenerations, the Palico ranch and the Hunter's Hub seem to have slight issues with some SD cards. I'm using a legit digital copy I've redownloaded multiple times, but it only bugs out on my 64GB SD, which also sometimes saves extremely slow on Rune Factory 4 (freezing a few seconds before actually saving) and Fire Emblem Fates (Takes forever to save at times, probably does the same thing RF4 does.)

I find that minimizing the time between loading screens helps to get into the Hunter's Hub properly and not bug me out before I go onto a quest, where the problem does not exist.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
I was referring to other hardware issues that may affect the functioning of said game, such as, ram, processor , etc.. The screen or the SD port aren't necessary for the 3ds to bootup.
If one of the SD slot pins fail (as OP is using a CIA) it could crash upon trying to load certain level aspects. This is highly unlikely, I will admit :3

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
If one of the SD slot pins fail (as OP is using a CIA) it could crash upon trying to load certain level aspects. This is highly unlikely, I will admit :3
I'm simply waiting for you to provide a proof for that .. No way his issue is hardware related, that's all there is to it.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm simply waiting for you to provide a proof for that .. No way his issue is hardware related, that's all there is to it.
.... Eh? I can't provide proof, but what I said can suffice as proof until someone who actually knows something about 3ds hardware can come along and disprove it. :P Very unlikely, I know.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
.... Eh? I can't provide proof, but what I said can suffice as proof until someone who actually knows something about 3ds hardware can come along and disprove it. :P Very unlikely, I know.
Sorry but what you have said is not even reasonable , I'm pretty sure if any of the SD port pins actually fail , the 3ds wouldn't be able to read the SD card at all,
, that's commun knowledge, we are not talking about a CD drive, why are you making things up to back yourself up?

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but what you have said is not even reasonable , I'm pretty sure if any of the SD port pins actually fail , the 3ds wouldn't be able to read the SD card at all,
, that's commun knowledge, we are not talking about a CD drive, why are you making things up to back yourself up?
Ok ok, (technically one of the DAT lines could fail and the SD card could still be read), I'll shut up then :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1