Monitors for gaming

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Sheimi, Jan 9, 2017.

Jan 9, 2017

Monitors for gaming by Sheimi at 9:45 PM (224 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Sheimi
    OP

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    I was eyeing a ASUS vg248qe or Asus mg248q for gaming. PC and console. For the fastest ms and response time. Splatoon, Overwatch, Bioshock Infinite PS4, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Would either of those monitors be good for PC and game console gaming?

2. raystriker

Member raystriker Alpha PC Builder

India
    They certainly do have the specs for a very, very solid gaming monitor. But the question to ask is, can your systems push 144+fps? or even something around that number?

3. Sheimi
    OP

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    My computer can. Game consoles can't. Don't know if I can take advantage of the 1ms lag for game consoles.

4. Evilengine

Member Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    If you are interested in good old games using standard definition (SD) in 240p and 480p nothing goes over a good old CRT.
    Here you get the idea:

If you have a small room and no space for a big old TV the best option is a Framemeister or similar, but has not the same feeling as CRT and is pretty expensive...

5. Xanthe

Member Xanthe Sith

United States
    I have the Pavilion 27x. Absolutely fantastic monitor for my PC gaming. The colors look amazing.

6. munchluxe63

Newcomer munchluxe63 Member

Taiwan
    I still use a Samsung Syncmaster 900NF at 1280x1024@85Hz; my computer can hardly do 60fps in most games anyway. Comes in handy for my Dreamcast as well.

7. thekarter104

Member thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  8. Sonic Angel Knight

Member Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I have no clue about any of this, but BENQ seem to be a trusted source for these kinds of things. Most esports arena and tournement players use them so i guess is more like certified or sponsored to try them. :P

This coming from a guy who been using the same vizio monitor for 10 years ago. Works fine enough for me.