Hacking modified game files aren't showing up when i load the game. don't understand.

Julio Sotomayor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT/UPDATE: I recorded myself succesfully hex-editing the name of the Longsword in Elminage 1 for PSP, and then I made another short video showing me doing the _exact same things_ and hex-editing the Longsword name (i.e. translating it) in Elminage 2. Results? Worked like a charm on Elmi-1 and did not work, and nothing i have tried so far HAS worked, on Elmi-2.

Vid. #1:

Vid. #2:

Last edited by Julio Sotomayor,
Reactions: Margarine67

Julio Sotomayor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT/UPDATE:

read the above OP. Know that BOTH games have a decrypted boot bin in the memstick. Even if i did that wrong it STILL means there's something weird going on because Elminage 1 edits perfectly.

Last edited by Julio Sotomayor,
Reactions: Margarine67

Julio Sotomayor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
solved! turns out it was the encryption after all. i went ahead and tried the same stuff except on JPCSP and made sure to put a big ole checkmark on the decryption options and it worked right away.

also tried editing elminage 3 which i haven't yet before today (and yep, same files...) and worked instantly as well.

i THOUGHT i had completely decrypted the boot bin i dumped it with ppsspp then i used a decryption tool. oh well! no matter. hope this helps those who suddenly find themselves in a similar situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-