Modded New 3ds XL SD card and system transfer to unmodded new 3ds (standard size model)

RAD047

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Gonna apologize for my ignorance in advance but I couldn't find a thread that seemed to match my issue.

Basically I have a New 3ds XL which has been modded with Luma 3ds and a 128GB SD card.

I have bought a new 3ds standard size one that is unmodded and contains the original 4GB Sd card. I want to transfer all my data including my CFW and SD card from the XL to the smaller 3ds.

I've read that it's not as simple as popping one SD card into the other unit even if that unit was modded with Luma 3Ds. Something to do with every 3ds having their own system ID code?

Both units are PAL region.

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks everyone

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have a tutorial for this.

This should answer all questions in this regard, but if there is any trouble, just ask again.

Good luck and have fun!
It seems that's only for cfw to cfw, and not cfw to stock..
I want to transfer all my data including my CFW and SD card from the XL to the smaller 3ds.
You want to do a system transfer & use that very same sd card (with data on it?) on the n3ds? Bear in mind that once you do the system transfer your games and saves will be wiped (from the sd) , apart from cfw.
Also you can't transfer "cfw", you need to mod the n3ds if you want to get access to the non-ligitimate games you transferred. But your legot games and nnid will be transferred as normal.
I've read that it's not as simple as popping one SD card into the other unit even if that unit was modded with Luma 3Ds.
Yes, you can't just pop in the sd on any system and expect it to show your games and saves etc. To be more specific the 3ds creates a "Nintendo 3ds" folder on the sd card when it's inserted for the first time, in that folder it'll install your eShop games and game saves etc. And is unique to your system. But you can just copy/paste that folder to another sd card, and it will work, if you ever wanted to upgrade your sd card..

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It seems that's only for cfw to cfw, and not cfw to stock..
That is correct. But installing CFW is step 3 in that tutorial.
There is no way to get software without legit ticket started on stock systems. (Well, technically there is with non-permanent methods).

Reactions: RAD047 and CoolMe

RAD047

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys thanks for the above answers!

So if I understood correctly, I perform the system transfer before I mod the 3ds I want to transfer to right?

And that will not copy any of my cias and game saves (cos none are legit files). But they will remain on my original SD card?

So then I just put the SD card into the 3ds I want to transfer to and use faketik and then I'll be able to see all my games again?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys thanks for the above answers!

So if I understood correctly, I perform the system transfer before I mod the 3ds I want to transfer to right?

And that will not copy any of my cias and game saves (cos none are legit files). But they will remain on my original SD card?

So then I just put the SD card into the 3ds I want to transfer to and use faketik and then I'll be able to see all my games again?
I always mod it first, but as non-legit tickets are not transferred regardless, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Yes, faketik is the key step to be able to see/use the non-legit titles.

Reactions: RAD047

RAD047

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to mod my unmodded new 3ds before anything. Everything was perfect and I was able to use FBI to install the different CIAs as in the 3ds hacks guide.

But when I got to the very last step (where you back up the two sysnand files and essential.exefs and then delete them from your SD card) the 3ds now no longer recognises the SD card and my computer doesn't either. It says I must format it.

What did I do wrong and do I have to go through the hack process all over?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Yes, when you do the system transfer non-legitimate games (that you have installed) won't transfer over (if the target unit isn't modded), but they do if it has cfw, you can get them to show (via Faketik)..
Uh.. I think i already explained this in my previous post, you can't just take an sd card and expect it to work in all other 3ds's.
But when I got to the very last step (where you back up the two sysnand files and essential.exefs and then delete them from your SD card) the 3ds now no longer recognises the SD card and my computer doesn't either. It says I must format it.
One of the first steps in the guide is to check the sdcard for errors with h2testw, you didn't skip that step did you?
If you did the test and the sd wasn't faulty, try checking the lock slider on the sd adapter, or change it if you have a spare one.
do I have to go through the hack process all over?
No. Worse case scenario is to get a new sd card, and following steps on the Finalizing Setup page..

Reactions: RAD047

RAD047

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm. Yes, when you do the system transfer non-legitimate games (that you have installed) won't transfer over (if the target unit isn't modded), but they do if it has cfw, you can get them to show (via Faketik)..

Uh.. I think i already explained this in my previous post, you can't just take an sd card and expect it to work in all other 3ds's.

One of the first steps in the guide is to check the sdcard for errors with h2testw, you didn't skip that step did you?
If you did the test and the sd wasn't faulty, try checking the lock slider on the sd adapter, or change it if you have a spare one.

No. Worse case scenario is to get a new sd card, and following steps on the Finalizing Setup page..

Awesome I got it to work. Just followed the finalising set up but again and this time it worked fine.

Thanks again guys!

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated