Hardware ModChipCentral sells fake Wii-Clips!!!

edthesped

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
I received an un-official Wiikey with no hologram when I ordered from you guys. So you aren't very trustful. I don't expect a new one because I am going to order from a new place. And even if I was going to email you about this issue, I would not want to use your crappy 1-2day response email form. Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing
happy.gif
sleep.gif

Has anyone else received an un-official wiikey from these guys? Because I mean, they even say their sellers of Authentic Wiikeys /W Hologram!

I received an official wii-key with hologram and I hope a real V3 wiiclip about 2 weeks ago. The pre-soldered set is working like a champ in my system so I"m not about to disassemble to verify that the wiiclip isn't a fake. Modchipcentral, can you confirm that you didn't send out any fake V3 wiiclips (edit never mind i saw your response in an earlier thread).

Thanks

edit: Overall I'm pretty happy with the service I received from Modchipcentral but I have to say it would have been better had Modchipcentral been proactive and informed customers about the fake clips rather than letting them figure it out on their own.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense Brian117, but I have to agree that you didn't get a fake Wiikey from them, though I don't know why you'd make it up.

I got my order from Modchipcentral a little over a week after I ordered it. Wiikey + Wii Clip, presoldered. Works perfectly. Great service. I got antsy because shipping took so long, but hey, it's not like he has any say over that.

EDIT: To those having Wiikey trouble - try different media, as in DVD-R

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
atomiccow said:
No offense Brian117, but I have to agree that you didn't get a fake Wiikey from them, though I don't know why you'd make it up.

I got my order from Modchipcentral a little over a week after I ordered it. Wiikey + Wii Clip, presoldered. Works perfectly. Great service. I got antsy because shipping took so long, but hey, it's not like he has any say over that.

For some reason, Everything works perfectly again. I guess all I had to do is unplug and plug the Wii back in.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atomiccow said:

Heh, that's funny. I have no idea why you think I would make it up if I paid $27 for it.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Heh, that's funny. I have no idea why you think I would make it up if I paid $27 for it.

That's not what I meant. I meant that it's just extremely far fetched that you received a fake Wiikey from modchipcentral. For all we know, you never even bought anything from them and just want money, or maybe you bought a fake Wiikey somewhere else and just want a real one instead.

Get ready for me to state the obvious.
The reason nobody believes you is because obviously modchipcentral orders their chips in bulk, more than likely always from the same distributor. Nobody has ever gotten a fake Wiikey from mcc, which would mean that you got the only fake Wiikey that's ever been through their shop. Furthermore, it means that the fake Wiikey came in the same shipment as a batch of real ones. The only way that's possible is if the fake Wiikey is then made in the same factory, and why the hell would they do that?

I'm sorry. It's just all so far fetched, especially considering you're just some guy on the internet. And how much different can a clone be from an authentic Wiikey? It's not like they're super complicated chips or anything.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly. I mean if we did sell Wiikey clones or got a batch of Wiikey clones by accident, I would admit it.

Just like the case of the Wiiclips here as we received 50 V4C and 50 V5 that were clones in the beginning of July. I have openly admitted it since day 1, and am taking care of each customer because of it.

Our Wiikeys have always came directly from the Wiikey team since day 1.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
ModchipCentral said:
Exactly. I mean if we did sell Wiikey clones or got a batch of Wiikey clones by accident, I would admit it.

Just like the case of the Wiiclips here as we received 50 V4C and 50 V5 that were clones in the beginning of July. I have openly admitted it since day 1, and am taking care of each customer because of it.

Our Wiikeys have always came directly from the Wiikey team since day 1.
Modchipcentral +1 Brain117 0

I trust modchipcentral all the way, they are very nice people to work and Brain just seems like a kid looking for some extra cash from a site.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lulz, you guys have your little "Who trusts Mocdhipcentral more?" posts. Because you should just be lucky that your little immature bashing asses haven't been a victim of this yet. And I have my receipt that shows I ordered from this place. So stop calling me a liar and focus on your own issues that you spend money for.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Lulz, you guys have your little "Who trusts Mocdhipcentral more?" posts. Because you should just be lucky that your little immature bashing asses haven't been a victim of this yet. And I have my receipt that shows I ordered from this place. So stop calling me a liar and focus on your own issues that you spend money for.

I'm not bashing you. I'm just saying that you have no proof whatsoever of receiving a fake chip, let alone receiving a fake chip from modchipcentral. As I explained in the last post, the only way you got a fake is if one somehow got mixed into the shipment of legit Wiikeys, which would mean they come from the same factory. Highly unlikely.

We are now getting off topic, so I'm done.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
You have produced no evidence to prove it's fake. So until you do, you're going to continue to look foolish.

So either post up a decent photo, or install the chip and check if it works properly.

If you can't do either of them, shut the hell up.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kick me when I'm down and lost $27. Very mature of you assholes. And how aren't you bashing me? Calling me a liar when I'm the fucking one that had to go through this. I'm done on this topic. I'm not going to view the next bashful post. Grow up you losers who created a cult to "bash the person who got a fake wiikey".

Next post will not be witnessed by me. So any hateful comments will not been seen. Kthnx

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Kick me when I'm down and lost $27. Very mature of you assholes. And how aren't you bashing me? Calling me a liar when I'm the fucking one that had to go through this. I'm done on this topic. I'm not going to view the next bashful post. Grow up you losers who created a cult to "bash the person who got a fake wiikey".

Next post will not be witnessed by me. So any hateful comments will not been seen. Kthnx

Good for you. Instead of listening to reason you decide to blindly rage.

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Brian117 said:

Good for you. Instead of listening to reason you decide to blindly rage.

i was about to say the same thing.
this guy obviously (to this point) has been lying. no decent proof. and now he's the one that's mad? I'm sure if he showed some real proof of his purchase from modchip central with proper evidence. Im sure modchip central has a history of orders on their database.

And now he decides to blindly rage? wtf. Are u some stupid 12-17 year old?

I ordered a D2Pro9 V3 bundle, and an R4 ds flashcart from modchip central 2 days ago, havent recieved it (shipped though), but i trust these guys a lot from wat everyone is saying and their positive feedback.
Id be glad to make them my primary mod seller.
grog.gif

drbootleg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a Wasabi V2 Modchip pre-soldered on to a V5 Wiiclip that turned out to be one of the clones from ModChipCentral. I emailed them once i realized it was a clone and they asked me to send them picture, which I did and after they saw it they had no problem exchanging the wii-clip. It sucks that I got a clone, but their customer service was fast and I should have a new one soon. I have ordered from them a few times before and will continue to do so. Just thought I would toss in my 2 cents for anyone worried about ordering from them.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when I posted my thread about how my WiiClip doesn't fit and everyone bashed me. Turns out I was right, it didn't fit because it was FAKE. When the WiiClip finally stayed on and it caused my Wii to brick. I hate ModChipCentral and will never be shopping there again.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
naes said:
I remember when I posted my thread about how my WiiClip doesn't fit and everyone bashed me. Turns out I was right, it didn't fit because it was FAKE. When the WiiClip finally stayed on and it caused my Wii to brick. I hate ModChipCentral and will never be shopping there again.
No one bashed. We were just wondering if you put it on right, or you were doing something wrong. Helping people takes steps, sure some people bashed but most of us were trying to help you out.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the real Wii-Clip today and couldn't wait to swap out the fake one. Unfortunately it appears the fake one pushed the pins in (looks exactly like this) and the real one can't make contact properly. Fortunately, my drive didn't die like the one in that picture and swapping the fake one back in makes it 'work' again. Hopefully other people who have gotten the fakes have better luck with getting the real ones to work.
unsure.gif

Mrlukazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just recieved my wii-clip + d2pro9 on monday and all of it's real. Modchipcentral's shipping was very fast and efficient. I'll be happy to buy from them again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk