Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thank you for the info. Not being a lawyer perhaps my interpretation may be flawed but my understanding of it was mainly to stop scammers from selling it. This custom build on the other hand is free and simply a answer to users who wishes to see it integrated together for easier accessibility. To avoid igniting another debate in this thread, appreciate if anyone who wish to discuss further on this to PM me directly.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, it doesn't work like that. You posted it in public and ignored the obvious fact that you aren't allowed to distribute the hackmii installer. Even if you're not asking for money, you are making it easier for others to. What happens when your tool shows up on the scamware sites, are you willing to shoulder the burden of going after the scammers yourself?

You don't have to be a lawyer to understand "You may not sell or redistribute this software."

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
does anyone know how to change what device the Wad Manager is using? How can I install files from my USB hard drive (without having to exit MMM to modify the mmmconfig file)

edit: nvm

Code:
; FatDevice= sd, usb, smbÂÂ Defines what storage device to use.
; (Default is sd)
;
; "FatDevice="ÂÂitself with no parameter will always prompt for device to use

@ WiiWu, can you change the default to "fatdevice=" so by default it will always prompt for device to use

btw, great release! keep up the good work.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so what?
at the end of the day, it's all being for for piracy.
who cares where it came from?

only the devs.

"oh but we dont use it for piracy."
but you know everyone else is.

that's like me having a bong and not smoking weed out of it.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well, despite all that has been said, it is already widely redistributed on the net, in fact I originally downloaded mine from qj.net. Perhaps more effort should be spent taking down those sites as well.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
How does that give you the right to do it?

Don't get bent out of shape, the hackmii installer is free for anyone to download from anywhere it's posted. If somebody happened to pay money for it, then it's hackmii's fault for distributing in the first place.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just a interesting observation
rolleyes.gif

Ok back to topic...
QUOTE said:
@ WiiWu, can you change the default to "fatdevice=" so by default it will always prompt for device to use

btw, great release! keep up the good work.
XFlak, in 13.2 although not mentioned in the changlog, I did improve on this part a bit. The default now is, if there is no mmmconfig.txt, it won't prompt for device but first try for the SD first. If the SD is unavailable then it will prompt for device.

If you want it to always prompt then just put this line in mmmconfig.txt, ensure there is nothing after the = sign:

CODEfatdevice=
I believe this way works best as there is still a choice and yet does not add too many naggy prompt.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@wiiwu, i disagree, if someone were to overlook the existence of mmmconfig, they would not even know that MMM has the functionality to even open devices other than the SD Card. To me it feels more natural to have the defaults prompt the user, and the config file streamline the prompts.

if the default was prompt, the user would know what options are available to him, then if the user wanted to reduce the # of naggy prompts, he can edit the mmmconfig

in the end, it doesn't really bother me, because I've already edited my mmmconfig so I can see the prompt. And if you decide to leave the defaults as they are, that's fine too (its still a great app!)

@everyone giving wiiwu a hard time
give the guy a break, sure he posted an mod of his app that contained the hackmii installer. Once you guys spoke up and told him of his "mistake", he removed the link to the app got removed... its not like a moderator had to do it for him, he did it of his own initiative... so why are people still bitching? Just let it go.

Edits in red

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
its not like a moderator had to do it for him, he did it of his own initiative...
It sure looks like a moderator edit to me (doesn't say "This post has been edited by WiiWu:") and the file is still in his shared folder (hence still being distributed).

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
XFlak said:
@wiiwu, i disagree, if someone were to overlook the existence of mmmconfig, they would not even know that MMM has the functionality to even open devices other than the SD Card. To me it feels more natural to have the defaults prompt the user, and the config file streamline the prompts.

if the default was prompt, the user would know what options are available to him, then if the user wanted to reduce the # of naggy prompts, he can edit the mmmconfig

in the end, it doesn't really bother me, because I've already edited my mmmconfig so I can see the prompt. And if you decide to leave the defaults as they are, that's fine too (its still a great app!)

@everyone giving wiiwu a hard time
give the guy a break, sure he posted an mod of his app that contained the hackmii installer. Once you guys spoke up and told him of his "mistake", he removed the link to the app got removed... its not like a moderator had to do it for him, he did it of his own initiative... so why are people still bitching? Just let it go.
Well actually I didn't get a chance to explain to the moderator nor do I know who (I still think its debatable). But it doesn't really matter, if we look at this positively, it is nice that some folks here have shown great interest in MMM and prefer to hold it to a higher standard.

Ok back to topic again. You are right, if a new user didn't notice mmmconfig.txt, he won't know there is a option to switch devices if he always has a SD card inserted. I'll have to think if there is a way around this without annoying the regular users, perhaps another custom build?
smile.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no need for a custom build just for me, like I said, I've already edited my mmmconfig

in my opinion, u should either change it, or leave it, but you shouldn't release a custom build to please every single person (even if that person is me! lol, hopefully i dont regret saying that!)

I think the regular users will be fine with modding the mmmconfig file to skip the prompt... but I've already told u my opinion, feel free to do whatever u feel is best

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Wiiwu said:
Abkarino, ARC has to wait till I find a wii with a boot2 bootmii as my korean wii has preloader only.

KiiWii, i not sure about adding it back as it increases MMM size quite a bit
unsure.gif

Just do it man i have this console here but sorry i was so busy last days cause i'm developing a new bank system
wink.gif

but any way feel free to send it to me to test it for you if you finished it i have a time to test your great app now
wink.gif

Thank you so much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat