Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The post mentions a boot2 file which is required and the instructions in the github also mention it. But I can't seem to find it anywhere. Do I have to build the file myself or am I missing something?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The post mentions a boot2 file which is required and the instructions in the github also mention it. But I can't seem to find it anywhere. Do I have to build the file myself or am I missing something?
It's included in the release .zip. All you need to do is make sure you overwrite existing files when installing. This won't be required anymore very soon though.

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's included in the release .zip. All you need to do is make sure you overwrite existing files when installing. This won't be required anymore very soon though.

I see, I'll wait then. I tried to install it but nothing happened. I placed the files in the folder and everything to no avail. I'll just stay tuned for the next version, thanks!

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For games that require 8 joycons and does not allow you to use 8 pro controllers...can we use this to trick the console into thinking each pro controller is 1 joycon?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nice work!

Already have an 8Bitdo adapter but this looks very promising...
I don't quite have feature parity with the USB adapters yet (rumble and motion controls not currently supported), but in the future it should be possible to do a lot more

For games that require 8 joycons and does not allow you to use 8 pro controllers...can we use this to trick the console into thinking each pro controller is 1 joycon?
It's definitely possible. The problem is switching between different controller types. There's no way to change the type of a controller once it's connected. I already thought about mapping standalone wiimotes as joycons, but then you likely want it to behave as a pro controller when you connect an extension. I might be able to fake a disconnection and reconnect it as another type but that will require some more research.
In any case, you won't see a feature like this until I have some kind of controller configuration framework in place.
It's a good idea though. You could open a feature request for it on github if you like. Being able to gauge the demand for these kind of things can steer where I focus my efforts.

Reactions: antiNT

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can this plugin cannot multiple 3rd party or non Switch Bluetooth controllers at once?
It can connect as many at once as the switch will allow, which is 8.

Any chance of using this for simple bluetooth keyboard support?
I plan to try and add keyboard and mouse support eventually. The ones I have at home use Bluetooth LE though, which I haven't figured out yet.

Reactions: Nemix77

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what latest version is this? any update than v0.1.0?
0.1.0 is still the current version. I'm working on a new release but it's taking a little longer than expected due to hitting some compatibility issues on older firmwares. I think I've got it figured out now, so will hopefully be able to make a new release by the weekend if all goes to plan.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.1.0 is still the current version. I'm working on a new release but it's taking a little longer than expected due to hitting some compatibility issues on older firmwares. I think I've got it figured out now, so will hopefully be able to make a new release by the weekend if all goes to plan.
how do i get the Wii U pro controller to work?? does the Wiimote works with bluetooth?i extracted the zip and put in f:/ the 1 part is same is F:\atmosphere\contents\0100000000000008 so should i copy it over or skip that part?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20200910_202009.jpg now will not boot up Atmosphere I have reboot it 4 times now what

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.