Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to make this work with parsec like the other module does? where they can connect the controller to their pc, and then have the switch see it somehow through parsec and that module?

NicholasHansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only controllers I know of where pairing is still broken on latest firmware are all Wii and ipega controllers. DS4 definitely works, but some can be a little stubborn to connect and require you to keep trying a few times. Make sure you've read the instructions for pairing on the GitHub page so you know you're doing it correctly. Some people have also told me resetting the controller can help too.

The easiest way to check if the module is running is to connect your joycons via Bluetooth and see whether you can use the button combos minus + dpad_up/down for capture and home
Sorry i'm too dumb sometimes, but do you mean connect my joycons without it being attached to the switch, then trying to press (-) and (dpad up or down) for capture and home? If it doesn't work it means the module isnt running? And if the module isn't running what could I have done wrong? It seems simple enought to just unzip it to my SD root and substitute the files when it asks too. But I can't make it work.

I installed a toolbox (hekate toolbox) and when I go to backround services, there isn't anything running. It's the first time I hit a wall on something that looks so simple, I can't figure it out what is wrong, I spent the whole day trying to fix it but with no success

Last edited by NicholasHansen,

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can't remember exactly what the cause of that error is, but I've seen it myself before and yeah it's something compiler/environment related. Firstly, make sure your devkitPro is up to date (pacman -Syy && pacman -Syu) . You also want to be building from the develop branch (git checkout develop) as master is quite outdated at the moment and may even be broken for building. You'll need to rebuild and install libnx, and rebuild Atmosphere-libs after switching too, as the branch you're on is tied to specific commits for these libraries. Hopefully after doing all that you should be able to build successfully.

Okay, I updated the devkit and the compile is working great (only one warning on bluetooth_core.cpp). Thanks for your code and help!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is it possible to make this work with parsec like the other module does? where they can connect the controller to their pc, and then have the switch see it somehow through parsec and that module?
It's possible, but the options are either add a bunch of ugly hacks to convince the switch it's communicating over Bluetooth, or take a similar approach to sys-hidplus and do it via hid mitm. The problem with this second approach is that it renders the two modules mutually exclusive as there can only be one mitm for a given service. As this would essentially be mirroring the functionality of sys-hidplus I don't really see the benefit of integrating it into mission control and forcing users to use my implementation and committing myself to following firmware changes in an additional service. The "right" way to do this would be to write a homebrew parsec service for switch and cut out the PC entirely. This is probably a lot of work though.

Sorry i'm too dumb sometimes, but do you mean connect my joycons without it being attached to the switch, then trying to press (-) and (dpad up or down) for capture and home? If it doesn't work it means the module isnt running? And if the module isn't running what could I have done wrong? It seems simple enought to just unzip it to my SD root and substitute the files when it asks too. But I can't make it work.

I installed a toolbox (hekate toolbox) and when I go to backround services, there isn't anything running. It's the first time I hit a wall on something that looks so simple, I can't figure it out what is wrong, I spent the whole day trying to fix it but with no success
Yes, detach the joycons from the console and let them connect wirelessly. If either of those button combos works via Bluetooth you know the module is running. If the module isn't running, the most likely cause is incomplete/incorrect installation. You should end up with the directory atmosphere/contents/01...bd00 on your SD.

I haven't used hekate toolbox before, but I think all those tools do is toggle or look for the presence of a boot2.flag in the module directory. I don't think they actively check that a process is running. If mission control doesn't even show up as an option there, then your installation is probably bad, as this means it can't find the toolbox.json file for the module.

Okay, I updated the devkit and the compile is working great (only one warning on bluetooth_core.cpp). Thanks for your code and help!
Nice one. Yeah I noticed after updating dkp recently that the compiler started complaining about a dirty hack I was using to reverse a Bluetooth address. It doesn't create any issues and is used in Wii controller pairing which is broken currently anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. I'll fix it up when I manage to get that working again.
I can also probably make a global setting to disable DS4/Dualsense LEDs now that I've got the config .ini. There have been a few of you asking how to disable them.

Reactions: r5xscn

NicholasHansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, detach the joycons from the console and let them connect wirelessly. If either of those button combos works via Bluetooth you know the module is running. If the module isn't running, the most likely cause is incomplete/incorrect installation. You should end up with the directory atmosphere/contents/01...bd00 on your SD.

I haven't used hekate toolbox before, but I think all those tools do is toggle or look for the presence of a boot2.flag in the module directory. I don't think they actively check that a process is running. If mission control doesn't even show up as an option there, then your installation is probably bad, as this means it can't find the toolbox.json file for the module.

I think I'm cursed, the 01...bd00 is on the atmosphere/contents folder on my SD, but hetake doesn't show anything on the background neither does the button combo works. No idea what can be wrong, latest ams and firmware (12.0.2) and alpha 3 release.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think I'm cursed, the 01...bd00 is on the atmosphere/contents folder on my SD, but hetake doesn't show anything on the background neither does the button combo works. No idea what can be wrong, latest ams and firmware (12.0.2) and alpha 3 release.
Actually just checked on my console, only capture (minus + dpad_up) will work with joycons as the buttons required to pull off the combo are on the left joycon, and that isn't supposed to have a home button so the console ignores it. Just to be clear, you have rebooted your console since installing, right? The sysmodule is only launched at boot time.

If it's still not working I would download the latest release from github again and try reinstalling it. Unpack the zip to a directory, mount your switch sd card via hekate, drag the contents of the unpacked directory to the sd card and make sure you allow it to overwrite everything.

Alternatively, you could install this debug build to test if you're installing things correctly. If that's able to run, you will end up with a bluetooth-mitm.log file on your sd card

NicholasHansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the reply!
I will try later when I return from work. About the reboot, if I get it right then sure, I'm doing it. I remove the sd card from the switch, plug it on PC to move the unziped folder and overwrite what it asks to. Then I move my sd card back to the switch and inject payload. Shut down again, and inject payload again.

You mention monting the sd card from hekate, I didn't tried this way, will try too.
And if nothing works, will try the debug build and post a feedback here, thanks!

PS: Wasn't able to reply to your post, it detects as a SPAM as I'm a new member

Last edited by NicholasHansen,

NicholasHansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried it all, even installing the debug build (extracting it to the sd root) but nothing happens, and no bluetooth.mitm.log file is created also, I'm hopeless.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried it all, even installing the debug build (extracting it to the sd root) but nothing happens, and no bluetooth.mitm.log file is created also, I'm hopeless.
I'm running out of ideas. Everything you've told me sounds correct but clearly something is wrong. You're definitely booting into cfw (ie. see the atmosphere boot logo, can launch hbmenu from album etc)? The only other thing I can think of is that you've copied the files to the wrong directory relative to the SD root. Can you show me screenshots of both the root of your SD card and your atmosphere/contents directory?

NicholasHansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm running out of ideas. Everything you've told me sounds correct but clearly something is wrong. You're definitely booting into cfw (ie. see the atmosphere boot logo, can launch hbmenu from album etc)? The only other thing I can think of is that you've copied the files to the wrong directory relative to the SD root. Can you show me screenshots of both the root of your SD card and your atmosphere/contents directory?

Here it is, both screenshots you requested. I cant figure it out what is wrong either, but seems like every step is being followed correctly.

Attachments

• contents.png
    contents.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 126
  • sd root.png
    sd root.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 119

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here it is, both screenshots you requested. I cant figure it out what is wrong either, but seems like every step is being followed correctly.
Everything looks fine to me, assuming the 01...bd00 directory has all the correct files inside. How are you booting the console through hekate? Is it possible you're actually booting to stock firmware or something?

You might be better off taking this up with people somewhere like the Nintendo homebrew discord, where they will have a lot more experience troubleshooting newbie problems.

NicholasHansen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everything looks fine to me, assuming the 01...bd00 directory has all the correct files inside. How are you booting the console through hekate? Is it possible you're actually booting to stock firmware or something?

You might be better off taking this up with people somewhere like the Nintendo homebrew discord, where they will have a lot more experience troubleshooting newbie problems.
I'm overwriting files on sd card. Rebooting to rcm and injecting the payload to enter cfw. I can access hbmenu and even the toolbox I mentioned, but the mission control isn't running.

BillyJo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
same thing here.. since i updated my switch to 12.0.2 with latest Atmosphere, everyting work well until i put files of the latest MissionControl (0.4.1)
black screen...
*** edit : grab the alpha3 release for 12.0.2 here

Last edited by BillyJo,

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
same thing here.. since i updated my switch to 12.0.2 with latest Atmosphere, everyting work well until i put files of the latest MissionControl (0.4.1)
black screen...
0.4.1 isn't the latest and won't work with 12.x.x. github doesn't show releases marked as pre-release on the main page for some reason. You need to go to the releases page

Reactions: peteruk

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has this module been updated to support wii controllers again?

i'm super excited about the bluetooth audio, but the fact that my wii u pro controllers no longer work is kind of a dealbreaker and i'm always resyncing to different devices so downgrade and sync is too much work for me.

if not, i'll continue to be patient

i can't express how much more i love my switch because i can use alternate controllers.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
has this module been updated to support wii controllers again?

i'm super excited about the bluetooth audio, but the fact that my wii u pro controllers no longer work is kind of a dealbreaker and i'm always resyncing to different devices so downgrade and sync is too much work for me.

if not, i'll continue to be patient

i can't express how much more i love my switch because i can use alternate controllers.
Unfortunately not yet. Nintendo have changed something about how these kind of controllers are handled. Pairing actually succeeds but then some unknown checks fail and the controller never gets stored into the database etc. Unfortunately the part of the code where this happens is heavily callback driven and there are no working debug tools on 12.x.x to help figure out what's going on. I am looking into it though, but it could take a while. Downgrading is the only way to pair them for now.

FYI, Wii controllers can actually store the details of the last two devices they were paired with, as opposed to just one like most other controllers. You may not need to pair them as often as you think.

Reactions: Mata84 and enderer

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, Wii controllers can actually store the details of the last two devices they were paired with, as opposed to just one like most other controllers. You may not need to pair them as often as you think.
i will try this. thank you for the quick reply and the continued support!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rinse, repeat.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey bought a cake from Kroger grocery store today for grandkids birthday tomorrow, 10"x14"- freaking $35. Prices for everything is getting out a hand.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    At least it's only once a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw that get the little turd demons $5 great value ice cream sandwiches
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    If you have a daily kroger cake habit, $35 x 30, runs just over $1,000 a month. ouch
  • cearp @ cearp:
    On a real note, must be better value at costco
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but still, if I knew was gonna be that much, would have made myself. But it does look nice with name on it and all that jazz. Mine would of been plain, with hard candy sprinkles.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea we shop/ like Costco also, should of went there instead.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, We do have Costco's in the UK, but only in some areas.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    the bakery section smells good, but I wish the ingredients list on their items were simpler
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ costco in the UK is only available to certain people, not everyone is eligible

- in the USA anyone is able to buy the membership
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its nice if you can afford, and have space at home, to buy in large quantities. We most!y buy TP, paper towels, that kind of stuff there
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    We're planning on getting membership cards.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss our dillions which was a Kroger subsidiary got turned into a juvie court house or something
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, TP? I need TP for my bunghole.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What kind of dictatorship says you can't shop at a grocery store lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I watched them last night, stupid, but still Funny after all these years.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf like bigonya said costs only worth it if you got a big family otherwise you're Walmart bitch
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Its as if Costco only rules on communism.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or for like big cookouts, parties, etc they good to shop, but yea if only one or two in house, Wal-Mart it is. But membership is only like $60 a year so cheap really considering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Costco cards are global like if you go to another country and can still use it there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who needs a passport I got my costco port
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo boyfriend Juan.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico +1