Mintendo Switch Stick Drift Repair Gone Wrong

ld1234556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i recently sent my nintendo switch for repair on stick drift. its come back and the sticks are now fine, however the left side buttons dont correspond with the correct input. For example the volume + button puts the switch to sleep, the down button on the D pad changes the volume, the left trigger controls the D Pad, the down button on the D pad also puts the switch to sleep. Ive spoke to the repair guys and they dont seem to know whats happened? and seem to be speaking to me like its something ive done.... has anybody ever experienced an issue like this?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was it repaired by Nintendo, or by some random repair shop? What happens if you plug another joycon (if you have one)? Or if you have a Switch pro controller, what happens if you detach both joycons and use the pro controller?

ld1234556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was it repaired by Nintendo, or by some random repair shop? What happens if you plug another joycon (if you have one)? Or if you have a Switch pro controller, what happens if you detach both joycons and use the pro controller?
Thankyou for responding. Its a random repair shot but they have a history of being able to repair switches fine. its a switch lite

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thankyou for responding. Its a random repair shot but they have a history of being able to repair switches fine. its a switch lite
Oh, I see! So it looks like they screwed up a bit. I would bring it back to them. Should be an easy fix, in theory. You can still test with a pro controller in the meantime.

Reactions: Blythe93

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oof. That really sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you. Are they willing to take a look at it for free, or do they want to charge you again?
If they are professional, they should repair for free. OP said they have a good reputation for Switch repairs, so I'm guessing there should be no issues having it fixed under warranty (of the repair shop for their first fix).

Reactions: RedColoredStars

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the question is, how did they manage to messed up the N switch? i changed my left stick from lite a couple of months ago and i was reckless, didn't even disconnected the battery and it is working fine.

Reactions: Dust2dust

ld1234556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i would hope they fix it for free, my concern is when they say "this has never ever happened before" and was googling what the issue could be, almost like they were giving off the impression ive done something to the switch after they had replaced the stick. i had both sticks replaced, so im guessing they have taken it apart and not put back correctly

its frustrating as this is the 2nd time returning the switch as the first time the power button and volume buttons were stuck down and couldnt be pressed, that got fixed the next day, now ive had to return it a day later for this issue.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would hope they fix it for free, my concern is when they say "this has never ever happened before" and was googling what the issue could be, almost like they were giving off the impression ive done something to the switch after they had replaced the stick. i had both sticks replaced, so im guessing they have taken it apart and not put back correctly

its frustrating as this is the 2nd time returning the switch as the first time the power button and volume buttons were stuck down and couldnt be pressed, that got fixed the next day, now ive had to return it a day later for this issue.
Looks like their quality control is inadequate. They should test the device properly before giving it back to the customer. I suppose they don't have any competition in your city, right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all i recently sent my nintendo switch for repair on stick drift. its come back and the sticks are now fine, however the left side buttons dont correspond with the correct input. For example the volume + button puts the switch to sleep, the down button on the D pad changes the volume, the left trigger controls the D Pad, the down button on the D pad also puts the switch to sleep. Ive spoke to the repair guys and they dont seem to know whats happened? and seem to be speaking to me like its something ive done.... has anybody ever experienced an issue like this?

It came back like that or it happen afterward?

ld1234556

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like their quality control is inadequate. They should test the device properly before giving it back to the customer. I suppose they don't have any competition in your city, right?
exactly that, yes. ive not heard from them today, so i can only assume they have had to order a part for it. This definately wasnt an issue before i took the switch to them, can only think something damaged whilst repairing
Post automatically merged:

It came back like that or it happen afterward?
they told me the switch was ready for collection, i took it home and then noticed the buttons werent mapped correctly when trying to play

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...