Nintendo Switch Repair

Magnes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello

I have a Nintendo Switch, it just stopped working out of the blue, it does not turn on, charges or react while docking it.

I want to repair it myself or at least try, of course the amount of videos and information you can find online is overwhelming, however I would to see if someone more experienced could help me uit and guide me a bit.

By the way the Switch has never been dropped and in general I’ve taken good care.

I do warn this is my first time doing this and I want to learn.

So far I tried to bring it back to life by pressing down several buttons in a particular order as shown on several videos. Unfortunately no luck.

I do not have another battery to try.

The charging port externally looks on very good shape, I made a simple test to see the voltage (to my knowledge) it seems alright. I attached a photo.

Online I noticed people tend to pay attention to two chips in particular but in all honesty I’m not sure where to begin.

Because I don’t know if I should just start testing every fuse in order to locate a short.

What would be the normal reflex to begin to check while having this sort of problems?

I’m learning to use a multimeter.

Further I opened it and all the flex cables were properly connected. There was no reason for them being loose but I checked.

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards!

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
An expert that deals with these POS devices would have a hard time diagnosing and finding what's causing the malfunction. Your best bet is going over the board and by chance finding shorted components. If everything seems alright you're out of luck, you need someone better to check you device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch