OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello

I've been lurking in these forums for a little while now, and I was hoping to get a little advice regarding MiniSD cards. I have now decided to buy a DS Lite, SuperCard MiniSD, Max Media Launcher and a 1GB MiniSD Card (and perhaps flash the firmware when I build up the confidence
wink.gif
)

However, I have read a few threads around that have looked at the difference of various MiniSD cards - brands and speeds. I decided that my best option would be to purchase both the SC and MiniSD at winsunx.com; so I am wondering, of the 3 MiniSD cards they list on their site, which is the best? (I suppose price doesn't really matter since they are within 4USD
wink.gif
)

KingMAX 1GB Mini Secure Digital Card US$ 36
Kingston 1GB Mini SecureDigital Card US$ 32
Eagletec 1GB Mini Secure Digital Card (Out of stock) No listed price
[They have a SanDisk, but only in 2GB]

Also, none of the pages listing those cards seem to display the same notation I have seen used, such as 30X and 150X, which makes it difficult to gauge how good each card is.

I imagine I would be looking to try out NDS and GBA roms on the system; if this would affect which card would be best.

Many thanks

badger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've come to the same purchasing conclusion as you, but I found slightly cheaper prices if you order from these US websites:

realhotstuff.com
Supercard miniSD - $55

newegg.com
RITEK 1GB MiniSD Flash Media Model MSDCR1G- SILV - $28

These prices include shipping (which may be faster than from china with winsunx) and the RITEK card has 5/5 M3 compatibility. I think the same combo from winsunx was $89 inc shipping to the US.

I don't know about how good the RITEK (or any other mini SD card) compatibility with the supercard is though - anyone else know?

Let us know how you find the compatibility if you go ahead with this combo!

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i bought the kingmax 1gig, i would have gone for kingston because of the "name brand" but i got it becuase it was packaged with M3 mini sd package... so i just stuck with it. Since it was packaged, it can only hope it is compatible
smile.gif
. it'll come in a week maybe.

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Can someone tell me one store, which has Ritek SD Mini 150x SD Mini 1GB or Kingston SD Mini 1GB, and they sell to Europe? If the store is in Europe, even better. Thanks.

wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that
huh.gif
So it is the same card? Traxdata = Ritek? And both cards have 5 points in Castelvania test?

should be the same products:
QUOTEConrexx Technology B.V. ist die europäische Tochter-gesellschaft der RITEK Corporation, der weltweit größte Hersteller optischer Speichermedien. In Europa werden die RITEK-Produkte unter dem Markennamen Traxdata vermarktet. Traxdata hat sich mit dem Verkauf von mehr als 35 Mio. CD/DVD-Rs im Monat als führende Marke im Bereich optischer Speichermedien etabliert. Das Traxdata Produktportfolio beinhaltet: CD-R/-RW, DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW, Memory Cards, kompatible Tintencartridges und portable Speicherlösungen.
Traxdata Mini SD x150

usurper77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about how good the RITEK (or any other mini SD card) compatibility with the supercard is though - anyone else know?

Ritek Reviews

Click that link and if you scroll down a bit there is a review that says supercard compatibility is 100%. I ordered one of these late last week and am expecting it anyday. I was thinking about making a mini-documentary about getting my new supercard and mini sd card working. Sounds gay, don't it?

aqsg72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was thinking I would probably go for the Kingston, but after reading this post http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=325...ndpost&p=430917 I'm thinking the KingMax would be better, even if he's using the M3. I see that on winsunx they are reported as up to 7.5MB/s and 10MB/s respectively, as he comments....so I may just go for Kingmax now instead.

Also, on winsunx they have a bundle of the SC MiniSD and KingMax 1GB for $67.5, which is nice
wink2.gif

badger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, on winsunx they have a bundle of the SC MiniSD and KingMax 1GB for $67.5, which is nice
wink2.gif

But after shipping (to the US) it actually works out slightly cheaper to buy them separately from newegg.com (ridata 1GB mini SD card) and realhotstuff.com, so if you are in the US that may be a better option.

aqsg72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
But after shipping (to the US) it actually works out slightly cheaper to buy them separately from newegg.com (ridata 1GB mini SD card) and realhotstuff.com, so if you are in the US that may be a better option.

Unfortunately I'm in the UK so I think I'm best off with winsunx for everything - unless there is a good site that ships to UK with that Ridata card (and at a good price).

shaoranm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys, I dont know if I just misread it but...

I was viewing the winsunx site, and I decided to compare the supercard set (with the sandisk, the only available set) and the separate purchase. When I compared it, the separate purchase is cheaper (purchasing them at the same time but not at as a set) by $1. Can someone else check this? I mean, what's the point of making a set of it wouldn't be cheaper than the separate purchase price?

This is the price I saw at the site:
SuperCard Mini SD Adapter with 1GB Mini SD Card (SanDisk) -
Price : USD$67.5 ~0.25 Kg

SanDisk 1GB Mini Secure Digital Card -
Price : USD$29.5 ~0.1 Kg
SuperCard Mini SD Adapter -
Price : USD$37 ~0.1 Kg
Total Price : USD$66.5

Just thinking...

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it doesn't matter, just get it separately. the set might be old and they forgot to adjust the price, and mini SD or supercard decreased in price to compete with EZflash or G6 lite.

aqsg72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah the set used to involve the KingMax 1GB MiniSD which is $36 alone, I guess they'll adjust the price soon.

Btw, I decided to go with Eagletec MiniSD - now they seem to be listed as 'out of stock'. I hope it works well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello