Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Does anyone know what enchanted books are obtainable from enchanting?
I had a look around and on the wiki but there was no information pertaining to the question.

What I mean is: You can get books like: Silk touch 1 and Fire Aspect 1. Can anyone list all the enchanted books that can be obtained by enchanting them?
Also @Rydian 21,888 posts. God damn it, get off GBAtemp once in a while ;)
IKR

Also you can get any book. Thorns, Flame, Fire Aspect, etc. And with the books you can apply some enchantments to items that normally wouldn't get them, like Sharpness on an axe (to actually do damage with it), or Silk Touch on shears (to collect cobwebs).

Reactions: gifi4

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country

Too bad it was released with the smooth lighting performance issue. Turn it to off or use optifine or something to run smoothly if you have a system that gets massive framerate issues in 1.5.

I'm pretty sure that was fixed. No issues with 1.5 smooth lighting currently. Jeb said he fixed it on the JIRA, and others confirmed it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
I'm on a setup that hits the issue, it's not fixed as of 1.5. Haven't tried 13w11a (1.5.1 snapshot) yet, but it looks like that's mainly to get the line issue out of the way.
Hm. Odd. Running at my normal 100FPS on far with smooth lighting on maximum. I had the issue in previous versions, but not this one.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone noticed how expansive caves are these days?
I started a new world a month or so back and it took me over 48 hours in order to search through 1 single cave. That cave isn't even completely explored yet...
There's a thread about the generation over at Minecraft Forums and the caves are mentioned (There are also visuals). I've obtained nearly enough iron to create a full scale beacon pyramid
The most efficient design allowing for all powers to be activated at the highest level, is a rectangular pyramid which is 4×5 at the top, and 10×11 at the bottom. This requires 244 blocks. Since 6 separate pyramids would require 984 blocks, this is more than a 75% reduction in materials, and only 50% more than what a single pyramid would cost.
So, 244 iron blocks. That's 2196 iron ingots. Considering fortune doesn't work on iron that means I have nearly mined 2196 iron ore from a single damn cave...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone noticed how expansive caves are these days?
Caves can connect to other caves, and sometimes they won't be connected but they'll be close by and when you mine some iron or coal you'll break into the neighboring cave and have a second cave system to explore, etc.

Using the old glowstone cave-finder trick, you can see in one area there's relatively few caves, while in another a few cave systems have merged to make a huge one.

2013_03_15_19_36_17.png

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hey Rydian , maybe you can advise me here , when mojang release updates for MC is it generally just the minecraft.jar file that is modified , so that i can simply swap out the minecraft.jar file for older ones if i want to run say 1.4.6 or 1.5 etc . Only reason i ask is that im writing a simple app to swap out the files for my young son so that it he can join different servers without the hassle of me having to change files all the time for him etc.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey Rydian , maybe you can advise me here , when mojang release updates for MC is it generally just the minecraft.jar file that is modified , so that i can simply swap out the minecraft.jar file for older ones if i want to run say 1.4.6 or 1.5 etc . Only reason i ask is that im writing a simple app to swap out the files for my young son so that it he can join different servers without the hassle of me having to change files all the time for him etc.
Basically yeah. There's other tools that will do it for you if you're interested.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ads-indev-latest-snapshot-downgradable-sound/

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ah , well i already wrote the app that swaps his 1.4.7 to 1.5 and back again as he pleases , starting with a simple batch file , but then moved to a GUI with VB , this app is a lot more complete obviously , this app downloads the patchs , it also lists all the WIP versions etc , i think ill attempt a similar think but only for the final versions with simpler button choice , really to learn VB , thanks for the link , gives me ideas .

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to give you guys this handy guide I found:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/File:Enchant_Probabilities_1.4.6.zip
It's a ZIP archive that extracts to an Excel spreadsheet of the probabilites of enchanting.

It contains information regarding the enchating of books and the (Obviously) probabilty of obtaining each enchantment on the books.
The best source of enchanting information that I've come across that relates to books. It supposedly lists probabilities from 1 million samples per item type per exp level.
Give it a look, very handy.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Does anyone know what the plugin / mod is called that allow me to set specific areas of a world to creative and some to survival .

Also is there any counter measures towards the pricks that join my sons server and somehow have creative mode and trash everything even though the server is survival ? im thinking punkbuster etcetc ?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Also is there any counter measures towards the pricks that join my sons server and somehow have creative mode and trash everything even though the server is survival ? im thinking punkbuster etcetc ?
It's plenty easy to trash stuff in survival, so just use a whitelist so that nobody outside of the allowed list of users can access the server. Edit whitelist.txt, one username per line. If somebody's not on the list, they can't get in.

If you want people to get on but not do anything, bukkit and the permissions system allows you to restrict build/break permissions to certain users, but that's way more of a hassle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one