Minecraft for Xbox 360 trailer

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Read that wrong. Yes, Minecraft doesn't really do much to help new players, like a tutorial, or even marketing to people who haven't played the game. There are wikis, help pages, and other things like that, but it should get proper marketing and things like that in the near future, seeing as it's an actual game now.

Yeah, you really need to read a Wiki page to understand anything honestly. I'd think for the actual game release (not a so-called beta) they'd add some sort of tutorial or at least pointers on where to start.

Have you seen the site? It has a bunch of user made videos linked right up there, plus the achivements are also supposed to serve as a sort of guideline.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...am I the only one who wanted to slap each and every single person on the screen and then punch Notch in the face the moment he said "Yep, that's my game."?

No it's not, you artsy narcist, it's your team's game, not just yours.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm incredibly serious. Each and every one of those guys is as smug as it gets, with Notch holding the "Flag of King Douche" and standing at the vanguard.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
...am I the only one who wanted to slap each and every single person on the screen and then punch Notch in the face the moment he said "Yep, that's my game."?

I do agree with you in the part that Notch takes all the credit.
HOWEVER.
He did made the first few versions and later on shared it with the rest of Mojang.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

HOWEVER.
He did made the first few versions and later on shared it with the rest of Mojang.
Fair play, he made the first few builds - good for him, but why the smugness? This is the typical "I got rich fast, I am important" attitude that grinds my gears.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

HOWEVER.
Fair play, he made the first few builds - good for him, but why the smugness? This is the typical "I got rich fast, I am important" attitude that grinds my gears.

True.

He still enjoys the big success of Minecraft far to much.
When Notch left the development of Minecraft things got ALOT better.

Imho Jeb was the best thing Minecraft could overcome.
Notch did make a fantastic game but wasn't able to deliver it properly

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is simply because Minecraft *began* as an artsy dream of an indie developer - those games are usually not crafted for the user but for the developer's hedonistic pleasure. When a team took over, people all of a sudden started to think what the PLAYERS actually want.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HOWEVER.

True.

I havent seen jeb add one bit of orginal content since notch left. There hasnt even been a UPDATE since notch left. How can you just flat out say it got better when he left when his replacement hasnt DONE anything yet?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

HOWEVER.

True.

I havent seen jeb add one bit of orginal content since notch left. There hasnt even been a UPDATE since notch left. How can you just flat out say it got better when he left when his replacement hasnt DONE anything yet?

Have you seen the latest dev version of Minecraft?

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding? He's been doing dev releases by the fucking week.

EDIT: http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/373-snapshot-12w01a-is-ready-for-testing/

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
General enhancements.

Readded sheep eating grass to regrow wool like they did in SURVIVAL TEST.
Added apple spawning from treeleaves.
Finished biomecodes etc.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
General enhancements.

Readded sheep eating grass to regrow wool like they did in SURVIVAL TEST.
Added apple spawning from treeleaves.
Finished biomecodes etc.
*COUGH*Working heavily on Modding API*COUGH*

Making a modding API takes alot of time.
Minecraft is "finished" according to Notch and Jeb so they will release versions that are 99% bugfree.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm incredibly serious. Each and every one of those guys is as smug as it gets, with Notch holding the "Flag of King Douche" and standing at the vanguard.
notch being smug? you can't be serious! guy is humble as can be. [/massive sarcasm]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-