Milk is bad for you

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think it's not that easy because we also grow a lot of plant-based food to feed cows (if I'm not mistaken, it's a significant percent on the total).
Actually, what I think is that there's no cosmic law which forces me to be empathetic towards animals, and I really am not that much. Even with people, I feel affective empathy (meaning that I participate in their feelings) for a limited few; for the others I rationally understand what they're feeling and act in response.
And I'm actually a "speciesist" in that I subjectively give a greater importance to other humans, not because they're superior by some universal standard, but because I can actually cooperate with them, exchange ideas, thoughts, have a mutual improvement with them. Other animals are actually way more intelligent than we thought in the past, but the fact still stands that I can't have the same bond I can have with other humans with a member of any other species.
If you prefer one species over another for any reason, you find that species superior to others for that specific reason - it's a preference. The moral argument of veganism and vegetarianism is simply moral elitism - you can always do more to limit suffering, you could plant your own crop. You don't, because it would greatly inconvenience you. It would inconvenience me to not eat meat, so it's a wash. Animal feed is grown on nutrient-sapped soil - these crops do not qualify for human consumption, and even if they did, they're not taken care of to the same extent as high quality crop for human consumption.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

We need Mr. Mackey up in here. :P

I must be a bad person because I enjoy eating shark meat, pork meat, cow meat and other kinds of meat. Pork's my favourite but it also comes down to the ingredients used (adding some curry to it just doesn't do it for me, it has to be properly done or it's somewhat tasteless).

shark+steaks.JPG

This is a damn good looking piece of meat!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And sometimes they use parts of plants humans don't eat, ground up and mixed in. The same way that industrially produced dog food contains dead pets and roadkill.
That's an urban myth - there are no pets in pet food.

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Centers...VM/CVMFOIAElectronicReadingRoom/ucm129131.htm

The FDA tested 74 brands of cat and dog food and found no trace of cat or dog DNA in them. Carcasses of pets are incinerated or processed for coagulants and other substances used in industry, we don't feed pets to other pets. The same applies to roadkill - pet food is regulated, just as much as human food.

You are correct about the "parts we don't eat" though - for example hay is fed to horses.

Reactions: gamefan5

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FDA can suck it. I have pictures AND the president of the Association of American Feed Control Officials on record proving they're liars. Careful- one of those links is pretty graphic; it's got the dead pets in buckets in the rendering plant about to be turned into pet food.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-industry-exposed/euthanized-pets-dog-food/

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ck_livestock_dogs_and_cats_from_shelters.html

http://www.petmd.com/dog/nutrition/evr_pet_food_for_your_pets_sake

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/rendered-products-in-pet-food/

Reactions: IncredulousP

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, I've read that Slate article - it's conjecture, it cites no studies. In fact, aside from the FDA one, I found no studies concerning the "pets in pet food" myth. The other links you posted are also opinion pieces, not facts. Pet food has to be FDA-approved and truthfully labeled, it's just how it is. It's a sample of 1 versus 0 samples - there are no pets in pet food unless an independent study that proves it pops up, I remain skeptical.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conjecture my ass- when you've got the president of the feed association blatantly telling you what's in the stuff, along with actual pictures, that's no longer conjecture.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We need Mr. Mackey up in here. :P

I must be a bad person because I enjoy eating shark meat, pork meat, cow meat and other kinds of meat. Pork's my favourite but it also comes down to the ingredients used (adding some curry to it just doesn't do it for me, it has to be properly done or it's somewhat tasteless).

This is a damn good looking piece of meat!
Well, I am and will always be a fan of good cow meat. But that asides... Shark meat? Is that good? Wanna try!
Is that popular in Portugal? If I go there on holidays later this year I will make sure to try that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Conjecture my ass- when you've got the president of the feed association blatantly telling you what's in the stuff, along with actual pictures, that's no longer conjecture.
Have you seen the video in which he says it? It comes across as a joke. He intended to say that there's a lot of crap in pet food, and there is, because it's low-quality, processed food, but the companies can't use potentially lethal ingredients, including dead pets.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you seen the video in which he says it? It comes across as a joke. He intended to say that there's a lot of crap in pet food, and there is, because it's low-quality, processed food, but the companies can't use potentially lethal ingredients, including dead pets.

You asked for it.

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jan/06/news/mn-20784

"
it is not illegal to use rendered material from dogs and cats in pet food. And while no one keeps official figures, there's some evidence it happens.

The Food and Drug Administration has found "very, very low levels" of sodium pentobarbital--the chemical used to euthanize animals--in some brands of dog food, said Stephen Sundloff, director of the FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine. "

Last edited by Muffins,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You asked for it.

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jan/06/news/mn-20784

"
it is not illegal to use rendered material from dogs and cats in pet food. And while no one keeps official figures, there's some evidence it happens.

The Food and Drug Administration has found "very, very low levels" of sodium pentobarbital--the chemical used to euthanize animals--in some brands of dog food, said Stephen Sundloff, director of the FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine. "
Pentobarbital is also found in our water supply, it's called "trace amounts". Read the study I linked you to.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not trace amounts.

Now you're just being obtuse- the equivalent of jamming your fingers in your ears and screaming "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA A LA LA"

I'm done with you.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, take some clonazepam and calm down.
You may end up with a heart attack. :sad:

Hey, I just stated a fact as an aside as part of an overall larger discussion. It's that guy up there that decided to turn it into a back-and-forth because he refuses to believe that US rendering plants are grinding up pets because they can. I don't know how they do things over there- but over here industrial meat production has one goal- push out meat as cheaply as possible at a level that just barely won't kill whatever eats the stuff.

Last edited by Muffins,

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even though the media tries to brainwash people, milk does not
Strengthen your bones and it is not the best source of calcium.
Even if you're not a vegan you should accept this. :)

-gyno because of all the hormones
-excess use of antibiotics which creates resistant bacteria
-possible acidation of your blood which needs calcium to make it back neutral which weakens
Your bones because the calcium comes from there
-cows get raped to get milk

How is this related with GBATEMP.NET anyways?

I guess the PETA-Forums are a better place for this kind of "useful" Information, even if it's in the Off-Topic Section :evil:

By the way: Vegetarians eat the food of my food - If there wouldn't be meat anymore, I would eat vegetarians :rofl2:

Greetings from Germany - The land of sausage, meat & beer.

CHEERS GUYS! :grog:

Last edited by CableLeecher,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's not trace amounts.

Now you're just being obtuse- the equivalent of jamming your fingers in your ears and screaming "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA A LA LA"

I'm done with you.
You on the other hand are coming across as a conspiracy theorist. This food, *74* samples of popular brands, has been tested - they found *no* remains of pets and *trace* amounts of pentobarbital (in some, not all samples) that could've gotten in there from a multitude of sources other than pet carcasses. You're the one "Lalala-ling" here, just read the material instead of conspiracy-dipshit opinion pieces based on a joke.

EDIT: Of course pet carcasses end up in rendering plants - I told you they're being processed, just not into pet food, they're used in industry, for example in the production of plastics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto