Microsoft Disabling Dev Mode Access

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever they feel ready. I'm voluntarily beta testing how well the cores work on said hardware, and noting bugs which arise.
Well done with your made up reason.

You realise it was on the store, but microsoft removed it.. So beta testing something that microsoft doesn't want is kinda weak argument

It's like "Dear Nintendo, I wasn't pirating your software, I was beta testing it and noting problems I didn't like. kthx"

I don't care what you do, but gaslighting is not on.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just wanted to let you guys know that I contacted Microsoft regarding my account being taken down, I got a response the next day and my account is now restored! Here's a screenshot of the email response I got:
Screenshot_20220106-232145_Outlook.jpg

Reactions: godreborn

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, nothing about the responses I've seen from them suggests anything definitive about the inactivity purges not being a thing going forward. And saying that "some" accounts were unintentionally disabled is conveniently ambiguous.

Then again, I'd love to see the store flooded with thousands of forks of open source apps if they do keep disabling "inactive" accounts.

Reactions: BigOnYa and cugel

Bens411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got my account disabled, and also contacted Microsoft, but I got a different answer.
The difference is that I didn't activated dev mode on my Xbox, I got this dev account for free because I was a student back then. However, I didn't get any message from Microsoft since I created it, many years ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-093248_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-093248_Email.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: BigOnYa

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the same response, got my partner center account reactivated but was told I need to maintain a presence in the Microsoft store within 90 days...

Guess I need to find a "hello world" project to publish...
lmao, microsoft getting thousands of submissions for hello world apps.. haha. I'm loving everything about the series x, since I got it about four or five days ago. got dev mode and retroarch set up. that's just one of many things that are awesome about the system, I just hope they don't expect me to write an app or something. I don't mind buying games at all, but I might have to hack the system if they take away dev mode from me just to get those quirks back.

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so it seems there are two emails being sent out, one mentioning the 90 day clause and one which doesn't.

Which makes me wonder the following:
1) Is everyone affected by the 90 day rule but one email doesn't mention it?
2) Is the 90 day rule being mentioned in error or is there a criteria which exempts people from the 90 day rule?

MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok so it seems there are two emails being sent out, one mentioning the 90 day clause and one which doesn't.

Which makes me wonder the following:
1) Is everyone affected by the 90 day rule but one email doesn't mention it?
2) Is the 90 day rule being mentioned in error or is there a criteria which exempts people from the 90 day rule?

1.) Yes. It's still in the terms of service. Whether or not they'll continue to enforce it is the unknown since they hadn't for so long and suddenly did.
2.) I haven't seen any official criteria that would exempt a user from that section of the developer program policy.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1.) Yes. It's still in the terms of service. Whether or not they'll continue to enforce it is the unknown since they hadn't for so long and suddenly did.
2.) I haven't seen any official criteria that would exempt a user from that section of the developer program policy.

Looking around, the link for the agreement I was specifically given dates back to Sep 2021 which would approximately match the time frame for the deactivations. However looking at some older agreements (e.g. Jul 2021, although the 'history' mentions 2018) there was still an 'active presence' clause which could cause an account to lose access to Partner Center.

Looking at it again, so far I haven't even found '90 days' outside of emails, just the mention of the vague 'active presence'.

The reason for my post is because the inconsistent emails/enforcement is making me wonder if either there's mis/incomplete communication going on (i.e. the 90 days is or isn't a rule for everyone) or MS is using some hidden criteria for determining who stays in 'good standing' or not without an 'active presence'.

If we're lucky, it's just MS being inconsistent and all dev mode users will remain 'in good standing', even if officially they could be terminated.

ceriaz

Trophies
XP
Country
I emailed today, given its been roughly a week. they quickly replied with the 90 day store update clause. So I guess we see if I lose access in 90 days again or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto