Has everyone seen this?
Screenshot_2022-01-05-23-32-01-465_com.twitter.android.jpg
Screenshot_2022-01-05-23-32-19-726_com.twitter.android.jpg

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not really "abusing" as retroarch is still considered in beta. As someone who plays emulators using retroarch, you're essentially a beta tester. Don't let MS fool you into thinking you're doing something wrong.
When is retroarch going to be published ? If never, then what are you beta testing?

Has everyone seen this?
He is careful how he words that. He doesn't say that all of the accounts that were deactivated were done accidentally, he doesn't say they will reinstate all of the accounts. Just the ones deactivated accidentally.

I'd like to see how this plays out.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I should get my series x tomorrow from best buy. I must say dev mode was one of the main selling points for me.

DoobyDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just came to say that MVG updated his YT video with the following:

UPDATE: Microsoft says it has no plans to remove or disable dev mode on Xbox consoles. A number of Partner Center accounts were disabled by mistake. “We are actively working on identifying and reenabling these accounts as soon as possible.”

..but you guys are already on it via the Twitter stuff posted above.

I wonder if they'd have reinstated the accounts automatically if the individuals didn't complain about losing access, or whether that's just damage limitation of sorts.

Could still do with the 90 day thing clearing up as the ToS still says "an active presence in the store must be maintained.", so what happens to those that can't/don't do this in a few months?

Good news so far though!

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does "maintain a presence on the store" even mean?
i feel it means you must release something every 90 days on the store but honestly as MVG says on YT this will start the wheels to hack the xbox (MS) did so well from keeping their systems from being hacked but they just screwed that up

DoobyDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i feel it means you must release something every 90 days on the store but honestly as MVG says on YT this will start the wheels to hack the xbox (MS) did so well from keeping their systems from being hacked but they just screwed that up
Once you have 1 single app/game on the store that would be "having a presence".
You wouldn't need to upload something every 90 days, just within 90 days of having the account reactivated.

Although I never got told this when I got reactivated, but I do actually use the account for development and not just for running emulators which is what they seem to want to get rid of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto