Hacking Micro SD Wont read on computer (But Does on Acekard)

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So im trying to update my flashcard to latest firmware but my computer is having trouble reading the micro sd card. I have tried two separate adapters but it still says there is no disk in the drive. This is weird because i can still play/read files from the micro sd card on my ace kard. Is there a way to fix this, there is currently no other way to add items to this micro sd card!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
its probably either the reader, the seating of the msd card in the reader, or the usb slot you are using.

on occasion i've had crappy readers tell me my card is not there, but re-seating it always helps.

what brand, size, class of msd card is it? have you had any problems with it in the past? if you run moonshell does it tell you that your msd card is corrupt?

-another world

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried both a usb card reader and a micro sd to sd reader, moonshell still works perfectly and i have also tried it on a computer with windows 7 and another computer with windows XP. Its a sandisk microsdhc 8gig card, havnt had any problems with it in the past.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the sd adapters usually cause more problems then they solve. try another usb reader. i've had great luck with kingston readers. like this one:
gallery_111084_186_1689.jpg

-another world

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
First of all try using the card reader you have on another computer.
Then try using another SD card on your computer. then you'll know where the problem is.

It's probably the problem of your card reader, get a new one. i had the same problem and got a new one.

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
now i pop it in to the computer and it says it needs to be formatted, i attempt to format and it says it cannot be formatted. I have no smart phone to format it with either :(

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have noticed my SD cards tend to become a little crazy when I neglect them for a while A.K.A: When I don't use the memory card often enough, I experience basically the same problems as you.
I was unable to format the card in anything I tried it with until it actually formatted on my computer.
So I don't know if it'll help you but that seems to be how mine fixed itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/YA4kJ6L