Hardware Mic Issues. Mostly With Discord....

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So not sure if anyone else is having these issues, but any wireless headsets that I use when playing a game will just cut out randomly. Now what cuts out is the mic it self. I can hear people perfectly fine, but they cant hear me at all. The recording devices in windows 10 shows my mic but it seems like it froze in some way. Unplugging and plugging the headset back in solves the issue for 10 minutes tops. ITS DRIVING ME MAD!

Now this issue seems to happen 99% of the time when discord is open and I have a game open. I just cant figure out what is wrong with this thing. Ive tried everything that I can except replacing hardware.... Its almsot like the usbs put out less power randomly and it affects my mic in some way, but my headset gets audio 24/7.... Which is weird....

I just ordered this- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...diju0xK-knLLeQGa7568fasfPSLoVIChoCykwQAvD_BwE
Which I have been looking at for a week now (lucky me that everything goes on sale after I look at it) So im gonna see if its just a power supply issue. At this point Im not sure if it is or not. But I really hope that it is.... Cheaper to replace a PSU than anything else atm...

If anyone else has had this issue and has figured out what is causing it let me know!

Specs:
CPU: Intel - Core i7-6850K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor OC to 4.2 GHZ
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive
Storage: WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card
Keyboard: Razer Black Chroma
Mouse: Razer Mamba Chroma
Case: Rosewill - THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (I know.. bronze....)

Last edited by Lumince,

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If replacing the PSU fixes your Wireless Mic issue I'd have quite a few questions for corsair...
Well see like I said, it almost seems like my usb ports output power randomly decreases and then my mic just stops working. I feel like my keyboard and mouse are eating too much power.. But I could be wrong.
I guess I should put that I have Astro A50's... The mic input on windows side just stops and my mic ends up unresponsive in the recording devices section. Audio going to my headset it fine. So if its not my PSU, then I will just move to a new Motherboard and so on. If after replacing everything doesnt fix it then its just my bad luck.

Get a new mic.
Did. Tried with multiple wireless mics and it either resulted in the mic not working still or the wireless dock disconnecting and reconnecting...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The obvious answer. If you can still hear your friends speaking, but your mic cuts out, chances are it being your headset.
Mic works on ps4 100% So its not the mic sadly. I wish it was

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well see like I said, it almost seems like my usb ports output power randomly decreases and then my mic just stops working. I feel like my keyboard and mouse are eating too much power.. But I could be wrong.
I guess I should put that I have Astro A50's... The mic input on windows side just stops and my mic ends up unresponsive in the recording devices section. Audio going to my headset it fine. So if its not my PSU, then I will just move to a new Motherboard and so on. If after replacing everything doesnt fix it then its just my bad luck.

Did. Tried with multiple wireless mics and it either resulted in the mic not working still or the wireless dock disconnecting and reconnecting...

Mic works on ps4 100% So its not the mic sadly. I wish it was
What mic? Could be a driver issue. Oh. A50s... Ehhhhh

One thing to also consider is that you may need to update/reinstall your audio drivers.

Last edited by Kioku,

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What mic? Could be a driver issue. Oh. A50s... Ehhhhh

One thing to also consider is that you may need to update/reinstall your audio drivers.
I'll try that out. I remembered I was having the issues before I got my ssd. So when I did a clean install of windows I was expecting to not have the issue anymore. I'll try to reinstall/update the drivers.
Personally I do have my ups and downs with my astros. They are good, but on release they had terrible issues. After I updated them, those issues stopped, but this usb issue started as well. But it happens on all mics on my pc. Mic works fine on my old pc (little sisters pc now) Im hoping that upgrading the PSU to a 80+ gold instead of the bronze will help a little bit... But I just have a bad feeling that its not the Power supply and I am going to need to replace the mobo

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the gold and bronze ratings are for is energy efficiency. Has nothing to do with your USB ports (which would also be going bad btw).
So I dont need this....

It already shipped so fml

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So I dont need this....

It already shipped so fml
Not entirely true. Is the corsair one the cx series? If so, replacing it with the evga wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yea it is a CX PSU... I heard that they are basically garbage and that a supernova would be amazing compared to it.
I've got an EVGA G2 750W in my system right now. Seems pretty solid compared to my last few PSUs.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an EVGA G2 750W in my system right now. Seems pretty solid compared to my last few PSUs.
And the bad thing is, the more I look into the CX series, the more I see things about them killing mobos. My mobo is ok atm other than the usb issue which I hope getting a new PSU helps, but if not then to microcenter I go....

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
And the bad thing is, the more I look into the CX series, the more I see things about them killing mobos. My mobo is ok atm other than the usb issue which I hope getting a new PSU helps, but if not then to microcenter I go....
I've got a corsair case with alleged USB 3.0 ports on the front, but never reach proper speeds. Faulty ports are a thing. Is it plugged into your mobo or case?

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a corsair case with alleged USB 3.0 ports on the front, but never reach proper speeds. Faulty ports are a thing. Is it plugged into your mobo or case?
Ive tried plugging the headset into the pc and the case. Either way, same issue sadly. I'll just have to see what happens with this new PSU

One thing that Im excited for is better cable management though..... Terrible cable management with a semi modular PSU....

Last edited by Lumince,

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Memoir I got the supernova G3 and it is working alot better! I think that CX series 850W PSU was dying from an overclocked GPU, CPU and 6 fans in my case along with water cooling.... This supernova seems to be able to power my Giant PC very well. Time to go give that CX series back to bestbuy today! Its gross. I hope I got a warrenty on it... No more PC hardware from crapbuy

Edit- Just time to see if my mic works without any issues now...

Last edited by Lumince,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo