Joe88 said:
Opium said:
How many discs will it come on?
lol

there was a joke about that in the actual game
saying to switch disks, but then said, oh wait
with the new technology you dont have to do that anymore
theres videos on youtube if you wanna watch it
Yeah, when I saw that part in the game, I thought: "I still prefer switching discs than installing every 2 hours in the game..."
rolleyes.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's interesting, and I think they do the right thing to go multiplat as they will make a ton of money by adapting an already created and finished game to another system.
Surely it will take a lot of work and optimization, but in the end it's easier and safer to have a team of programmers to port a game over( and we are talking about a guarantied best selling franchise here ), then to invest a lot of money to create a brand new one and hope it sells....

And by the way , I still have MGS the twin snakes ( 2 GC discs game ) on my 'to play list' and I hope I will find the time to play it soon or later; does anybody know if it's worth to play on the GC or it is a bad conversion ?
So much for exclusivity......

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
754boy said:
gaboumafou said:
Yeah, when I saw that part in the game, I thought: "I still prefer switching discs than installing every 2 hours in the game..."
rolleyes.gif

Wtf, you have to install every 2 hours? Why is that?
You need to do an installation before each chapter in the game... there are 6 chapters IIRC, and they are pretty short... Only the first install is long (~13 min), the others are shorter (~3 min), but 3 min x 5 is still longer than switching discs.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
First off, Xcalibur, GREATEST SIG EVER, scrubs for the win.

Second, The ps3 uses blue ray CD's for both games and dvd's right? So wouldn't it take two discs for a 360 version?

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balrogs.Pain said:

Second, The ps3 uses blue ray CD's for both games and dvd's right? So wouldn't it take two discs for a 360 version?

Single Layer Blu-Ray Disc: 25GB
Dual Layer DVD: 8GB

That's 3 and a fifth discs. If Konami used a dual layer Blu-Ray, then it would take 6 and a quarter DVDs to hold that much information.

red_fox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sjones411 said:
Balrogs.Pain said:

That's 3 and a fifth discs. If Konami used a dual layer Blu-Ray, then it would take 6 and a quarter DVDs to hold that much information.

I believe they did use a dual layer

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. You 360 fanboys and you ps3 fanboys :<
Always at war with each other.
Can't people respect each other's choices in terms of games/consoles?
But then of course, this is the internet. Source of all the world's trolls.

[/rant]

I'd welcome the thought of MGS4 going over to 360.
It'd give me more people to discuss it with.
I MEAN, RAYDEN(sp?) VS. GECKO. INTENSE STUFF, MIRITE?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sjones411 said:
Balrogs.Pain said:

Doesn't the Xbox360 use that other HD media that recently got beaten by the BR in the format war? If so isn't that more capable than standard single or double layer DVDs ? Pardon me but I haven't done my homework....

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ARM73 said:
sjones411 said:
Balrogs.Pain said:

Doesn't the Xbox360 use that other HD media that recently got beaten by the BR in the format war? If so isn't that more capable than standard single or double layer DVDs ? Pardon me but I haven't done my homework....

HD-DVD has died, They will not be using it anymore and It wouldn't be fair on the people who were sensible not to buy a HD-DVD player.

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ARM73 said:
That's interesting, and I think they do the right thing to go multiplat as they will make a ton of money by adapting an already created and finished game to another system.
Surely it will take a lot of work and optimization, but in the end it's easier and safer to have a team of programmers to port a game over( and we are talking about a guarantied best selling franchise here ), then to invest a lot of money to create a brand new one and hope it sells....

And by the way , I still have MGS the twin snakes ( 2 GC discs game ) on my 'to play list' and I hope I will find the time to play it soon or later; does anybody know if it's worth to play on the GC or it is a bad conversion ?
I have it, and still play it. I think it's great! I've played it at least 10 times through. (Not kidding at all.) Definitely worth a play.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ARM73 said:
Yah it's as good as remakes/ports get pretty much, if I recall, they re-did every single cutscene for the gamecube version

QUOTE(sjones411 @ Oct 19 2008, 05:35 AM) Single Layer Blu-Ray Disc: 25GB
that's if they decide to keep it as stupidly unoptimized and uncompressed

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Prime said:
ARM73 said:
sjones411 said:
Balrogs.Pain said:

HD-DVD has died, They will not be using it anymore and It wouldn't be fair on the people who were sensible not to buy a HD-DVD player.

HD-DVD maybe be dead, but still the Xbox360 has a built in HD-DVS drive and still uses this kind of media, right ? How much data can it hold ?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ARM73 said:
Prime said:
ARM73 said:
sjones411 said:
Balrogs.Pain said:

HD-DVD maybe be dead, but still the Xbox360 has a built in HD-DVS drive and still uses this kind of media, right ? How much data can it hold ?

What are you on about? There is no such thing as "HD-DVS" if you mean HD-DVD then no the xbox 360 hasn't got a HD-DVD player built in.Please get yours information correct before making up all kind of shit.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

What are you on about? There is so such thing as "HD-DVS" if you mean HD-DVD then no the xbox 360 hasn't got a HD-DVD player built in.Please get yours information correct before making up all kind of shit.

Guys, calm down, I just misspelled "HD-DVD" to "HD-DVS" because the S is right next to the D you know...geez.....
And I am not claiming anything here, I admit I am totally ignorant in this matter, in fact I was asking you guys for an explanation...I thought the xbox360 had the ability to play HD-DVD movies, and that's what I was wondering about. It was just a question, not a statement and I didn't take any drugs yesterday...
wink.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ARM73 said:
I thought the xbox360 had the ability to play HD-DVD movies, and that's what I was wondering about. It was just a question, not a statement and I didn't take any drugs yesterday...
wink.gif
I was under the impression that there was an external HD-DVD drive at one time. Hmm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from buying it now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so the players are review bombing as response to sony doubling down on their so-called policy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe the real bugs were the glitches they didn't patch along the way
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there are instability issues regarding certain hardware setups, but it's a small part
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    game's now what, 3 months out the door
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: everyone perceives value diffrently