Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doomsday Forte said:
ARM73 said:
I thought the xbox360 had the ability to play HD-DVD movies, and that's what I was wondering about. It was just a question, not a statement and I didn't take any drugs yesterday...
wink.gif
I was under the impression that there was an external HD-DVD drive at one time. Hmm...

There is.
Nobody said there wasn't

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
"Hold it Snake. Time to change the disc..."

"...Huh? Oh, Wait! Were on Xbox360? system. It has a hard-drive which doesn't have a 2x read speed."

"...Otacon, get a gri- ...oh actually your right, you mean to say the hard-drive has the whole game installed; so you don't just need to change disc, but textures and maps for instance will load quickly, faster than that of any disc drive!"

"Yeah, what an age we live in, huh, Snake?"

"Wonder what they'll port over next?"

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Prime said:
ARM73 said:
HD-DVD maybe be dead, but still the Xbox360 has a built in HD-DVS drive and still uses this kind of media, right ? How much data can it hold ?

What are you on about? There is so such thing as "HD-DVS" if you mean HD-DVD then no the xbox 360 hasn't got a HD-DVD player built in.Please get yours information correct before making up all kind of shit.

So what are you rambling about ? Flaming people for so little these days ? Can't a n00b ask a peaceful question anymore ?
In order to make up " my kind of shit " I just happened to misspell "HD-DVD" to HD-DVS" because I was typing fast and the S is right next to the D.
But you've outdone me, as you apparently used an S instead of an N which is on the opposite side of the keyboard here...it must be because all you think about is shit which you write too much lately anyway and it also happens to beguine with an S, which is just what you proved to be, " an S "
lecture.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drop it dude.

Man you go on and on and on. Back on the subject.

I'm not excited if MGS4 comes to the 360 after reading a few reviews. It seems more of a movie that a game.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Prime said:
Drop it dude.

Man you go on and on and on. Back on the subject.

I'm not excited if MGS4 comes to the 360 after reading a few reviews. It seems more of a movie that a game.
MGS4 is the best available title on the ps3.
I won a 360 and not a ps3.
I saw the game (3PArts) and all i have to say is that is much better than you think or think of the reviews.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MGS4 + MGO : 50GB Dual Layer BD
MGS4 by itself, with movies quality tuned down, with sound quality tuned down can easily fit in a single layer HD-DVD disc. But since 360 can't play games off of HD-DVD, they'll need to further compress things in order to fit everything into a DL-DVD.

As for HDD install, I'd rather spend a few minutes install than have several long loading that eventually waste more time than installing. I'm VERY looking forward to the fall dashboard update, once that launches I'm not gonna play any 360 game without copying it onto the HDD first.

5 minutes install, 30 loadings per hour, saving 30 seconds per loading.
That's 15 minutes extra playing time per hour at the cost of 5 minute one-time HDD install.
There are a few 360 games I'm putting on hold until fall update comes out because those games extremely suffer from tragically painful long loadings.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
...As for HDD install, I'd rather spend a few minutes install than have several long loading that eventually waste more time than installing. I'm VERY looking forward to the fall dashboard update, once that launches I'm not gonna play any 360 game without copying it onto the HDD first.

That's 15 minutes extra playing time per hour at the cost of 5 minute one-time HDD install.
There are a few 360 games I'm putting on hold until fall update comes out because those games extremely suffer from tragically painful long loadings.

Yeah i've been saving my second play-through of GTA4 till HDD installs become available. Plus my Fight Night is scratched (purely from the drive alone) so i'm crossing my fingers that it can sit through a full install to the HDD. If so i highly doubt a disc check would prove as taxing on an already burnt out disc.

Oh and I better send away for that transfer cable kit soon...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
As for HDD install, I'd rather spend a few minutes install than have several long loading that eventually waste more time than installing.

its gonna be longer then a few mins...

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
MGS4 + MGO : 50GB Dual Layer BD
MGS4 by itself, with movies quality tuned down, with sound quality tuned down can easily fit in a single layer HD-DVD disc. But since 360 can't play games off of HD-DVD, they'll need to further compress things in order to fit everything into a DL-DVD.

As for HDD install, I'd rather spend a few minutes install than have several long loading that eventually waste more time than installing. I'm VERY looking forward to the fall dashboard update, once that launches I'm not gonna play any 360 game without copying it onto the HDD first.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog

Seriously, that game has the most extreme loading necessities ever...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: