Homebrew mGBA official standalone Wii port

Draguna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
- Custom button mapping for mGBA is planned, as stated by its' dev.
- SNES emulation is basically perfect, via Retroarch SNES9X Next core (1.0.2 build). Use that, and for lightgun or mouse games, use Zopenco's mod of standalone SNES9X GX.

Look I put retroarch here to run streeth fighter aplha 3 , and sync with the classic controller is horrible , you know that blow with E.Honda to stay squeezing the blow button with your hand ? I just can not do, retroarch is too slow to respond

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really find it aggravating that emGBA is following its own development route instead of collaborating and helping out with the main project.
It's like giving the official project a middle finger and just making your own thing.

Most of the things emGBA has accomplished are things that endrift has in the to-do list.
I even suggested that the emGBA developers should help out with the official GitHub repo and contribute there, but they didn't even answer like they didn't even see it. xD

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Look I put retroarch here to run streeth fighter aplha 3 , and sync with the classic controller is horrible , you know that blow with E.Honda to stay squeezing the blow button with your hand ? I just can not do, retroarch is too slow to respond
Use RA 1.0.2.

I did and Endrift said that it will be fixed in the next nightly :D
Good job man (avatar quote :) )

Draguna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a curiosity , browsing in the current retroarch files found the name of a file as: ppsspp_libretro this means that talves a version of the PSP emulator may be being developed ?
lol, use your logic, young padawan. PSP won't ever be supported on the Wii. What that means is that there is a libretro port for other platforms.

Askot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried latest build (03-01-2016) and while .zip files do show up on the filebrowser (which is ultra fast now compared to past builds, btw) mGBA does not load them, it gives a load error message.
Regular .gba roms play fine.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried latest build (03-01-2016) and while .zip files do show up on the filebrowser (which is ultra fast now compared to past builds, btw) mGBA does not load them, it gives a load error message.
Regular .gba roms play fine.

Ahh. I was just about to try that latest nightly with zipped roms. Thanks for the report. Was the previous nightly working?

Edit: Same experience for me. I tried 12/30 nightly. File browser is fast, zip files show up, but they don't load. Unzipped versions work fine.

Was zip support added or where there just improvements to the file browser to make it faster? I see game saves and other files in the directory all show.

Last edited by ngs428,

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Forget emGBA.
The official mGBA is the way to go.

Endrift is getting this emu into top notch conditions, not thanks to the gc-forever guys...

No need for shitposting

Both projects are really great and useful.

As a matter of fact, i just tested latest enhanced mGBA build and this one DOES support .zip and .7zip roms just fine. It also improves filebrowser gui and speed as well as savestate/loadstate stability and pics.
Download here: http://files.extremscorner.org/gamecube/apps/mgba/latest

Last edited by nakata6790,
Reactions: sindrik

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need for shitposting

Both projects are really great and useful.

As a matter of fact, i just tested latest enhanced mGBA build and this one DOES support .zip and .7zip roms just fine. It also improves filebrowser gui and speed as well as savestate/loadstate stability and pics.
Download here: http://files.extremscorner.org/gamecube/apps/mgba/latest
Enhanced mGBA won't have the actual emulation improvements that mGBA does though. It would be nice if Enhanced mGBA actually followed mGBA's development and if they could work together.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg