Homebrew mGBA official standalone Wii port

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goodbye VBAGX. :)
You have been dethroned by the best emulator to ever exist in this world.
Not yet, but almost there :)

Given the maturity of GBA emulation in this incredible software, is pretty much safe to say that this could aim to be the perfect Game Boy Family emulator for the Wii.

Koston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I only just now learned of mGBA. It seems to be faster than VBAGX and I'd happily switch, but there's one thing: Why is the screen so small? Even when in "stretched" mode, there's a considerably big border around the actual GBA screen. Since I only have one game that's unplayable on VBAGX (Iridion II), I'm sticking with it until mGBA has proper fullscreen.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I only just now learned of mGBA. It seems to be faster than VBAGX and I'd happily switch, but there's one thing: Why is the screen so small? Even when in "stretched" mode, there's a considerably big border around the actual GBA screen. Since I only have one game that's unplayable on VBAGX (Iridion II), I'm sticking with it until mGBA has proper fullscreen.
I already reported this to endrift, hopefully we'll have a reply or a fix in the upcoming nightly.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plans for mGBA to support vWii with GameCube controller adapter and Wii U Pro Controller, or perhaps already supports one? Otherwise I don't believe I have a controller that actually works with it haha, unless I missed Wii+Nunchuck support.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any plans for mGBA to support vWii with GameCube controller adapter and Wii U Pro Controller, or perhaps already supports one? Otherwise I don't believe I have a controller that actually works with it haha, unless I missed Wii+Nunchuck support.
mGBA supports Wiimote, and is the primary controller input on the Wii system, obviously that includes vWii. I don't think you're lacking at least one Wiimote since you need it to open the emu in the first place.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mGBA supports Wiimote, and is the primary controller input on the Wii system, obviously that includes vWii. I don't think you're lacking at least one Wiimote since you need it to open the emu in the first place.
Ah great, thanks! Don't know why I didn't think it'd support Wiimote, do'h.

D

Deleted User

It's not working for me. The ROM says the save data is corrupted. :huh: What's the fix for that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol